Politics New Zealand Politics

Its no worse than the existing one except that it removes the liability from the council (and thus the ratepayers) and onto the inspector and their insurance. That's 100% a win with zero downsides except if you are a council inspector and lose your 4 hours per day of lunchbreaks.

I sent an email to Seymour asking how his choose your own inspector was better than the last time. No reply.
Suing them would be a nice idea. It is always the builders and even the re-mediators of the leaky building that defend it.
Council's were contributing to the remedial costs and avoid liability.

Councils were signing off (a compulsory part of the build) on these buildings with an inspection consisting of a glimpse through the window of their car. Councils didn't care because they got their inspection fees regardless and got to do a little empire building. Anything that crushes the empire dreams of our local council is welcomed by me with open arms.

We strike it with private inspectors all the time, we have a drawer full of fire door tags at work that have not been issued because the paperwork has not been returned. How are the buildings that these are installed on getting their building Wofs? And its not till an Inspector with some guts actually pulls the building owner up on it that anything normally gets done. And im sure that word gets round which probably sinks their company.
Bit like the car WOF system, always stories of being able to buy one at the pub.

5 billion to fix the health system. An amount like that is not a fix its admitting failure.

Last edited:
The health system has a demand for $infinity. You could pump every single dollar in NZ into it and they'd still be whining about not having enough.

Five billion is just a "shut up for now" payment.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Can't say I've heard anything about that. Doesn't pass the sniff test.

Can't say I've heard anything about that. Doesn't pass the sniff test.
But, but... It is on Twitta must be true! If it were, and was picked up here in New Zealand, she'd be toast by Monday. She's safe as the MSM here are her lap dogs. The story would be how good a business woman she is.

She is paid more than Boris is just as confounding...answerable to the tax payer? Proof is.. is they have been on run away salaries for what they produce.

She is paid more than Boris is just as confounding...answerable to the tax payer? Proof is.. is they have been on run away salaries for what they produce.
Good job neither of them are on performance related pay - they would owe us millions (Y)

NRL. No gay helmets or pads. I posted video time sequences. Take your pick vid number 1 and 2 are particularly good.

The full vid. Beat downs.

This is Australia. F*ck you. You have to remember that NZ is with us. They have a similar culture. ANZACS all the way.

Last edited:
Even by Australian Rules football standards this one is particularly brutal.

I have probably missed something but how on earth could have this thread started by NZ and Jacinda politics to rugby?