Question? Is politics killing this forum?

downsizer

Mi Major
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
So numbers of daily posts "seem" down (I can't prove that because I don't have acces to the back room numbers)....I've lost count the number of decent posters who no longer contribute or have deleted thier accounts.....

Why is this?

My thought is the endless trump/maga/biden/woke/political garbage that seems everywhere. I can't be the only person here who is bored of all that BS can I?

From my perspective as a member but also as a Mod, here’s a few things:

- We have indeed lost some valued members over the recent years, and I’m not afraid to name them: Serj, Mordoror, Bd Popeye, Galileo to name some.

The reason was for some of them politics and for others the discrepancies with the general tone of the membership which is no secret pretty conservative/right wing.

- Some other members had their account banned even one I won’t name but who was actively posting up until repeatedly calling to murder such and such, and who thought Germany and its population should have been depopulated / culled if he had been the Allies leaders after WW2. That shyte is unacceptable and earned him a deserved permaban - not even debatable.

The rest is maybe tedious to you or some others, Senile Joe, Drumpf and his latest NATO brain fart, I once called the Woke thread a shitshow too but got called out about it and I should do more about it as a Mod, which is always a tricky mission as we can’t please everyone.

Personally I steer clear of the threads that annoys me most or ignore the Biden/Trump threads anyway. If I wanted to talk geriatrics I’d have opted for being a care assistant in a care home.

It’s a good forum, admittedly a bit of an echo chamber, too.

Its very difficult to separate politics from military activity. Mods can keep the loonies away, but thats all.

Personally I take most posts with a bit of margin, but its a good source of what is happening around the world.

Some areas are a bit more like sinking sand, biden v trump etc. To a european view, where we would struggle to name the leader of the Netherlands, or Spain.

114 threads posted in during the past 7 days, 63 of them pic threads, 20 in news and politics, and the rest of them off topic, or community building type threads, it might not be hey day type levels of posting, but I've seen forums die and this isn't it.

114 threads posted in during the past 7 days, 63 of them pic threads, 20 in news and politics, and the rest of them off topic, or community building type threads, it might not be hey day type levels of posting, but I've seen forums die and this isn't it.

Bet thats down on a year ago mate and it will be less next year. I'll bet you a beer.

New members coming on board and staying? Not many.

There's one section that involves mostly politics & ongoing wars and fourteen that are not (not counting four more or less admin ones).

No one is forcing anyone to look into that one section or at particular threads within that section. I haven't seen any issues in the photo sections nor in the galleries (and both are imo the main attraction of the site) and I can't recall much if anything in other sections either.

It's only really obvious in The Bunker which as I said previously everyone is free to ignore (except for the poor sod with the mop and bucket who gets to clean up afterwards 🤣)

I can see the back room data and see no sign of a deterioration of either posts or active viewers , in fact the opposite is true to some small degree.

I don't see how certain threads would cause a user to not post about their interests in forums/threads that they favour, if that was the case, nobody would be using platforms such as FB or others.

Having a specific place for topics such has politics etc helps us to ensure we can keep that sort of thing out of our military threads and military photo threads.

As has already been said, if those topics do not float your boat stay clear of them

Regards
Bombardier

Still love this forum! - and visit every day. Unfortunately I dont have that many interesting points or photos to share.
Wonderfull threads! Nice sorting -as some threads are not for me!
I really would like to post some Danish Carriers in the Carrier-thread, but we seem to be always out of Carriers in this Country :)

I can see the back room data and see no sign of a deterioration of either posts or active viewers , in fact the opposite is true to some small degree.

I don't see how certain threads would cause a user to not post about their interests in forums/threads that they favour, if that was the case, nobody would be using platforms such as FB or others.

Having a specific place for topics such has politics etc helps us to ensure we can keep that sort of thing out of our military threads and military photo threads.

As has already been said, if those topics do not float your boat stay clear of them

Regards
Bombardier

Thats good! You're the boss.

It certainly seems quieter though - some new blood would help!

Still love this forum! - and visit every day. Unfortunately I dont have that many interesting points or photos to share.
Wonderfull threads! Nice sorting -as some threads are not for me!
I really would like to post some Danish Carriers in the Carrier-thread, but we seem to be always out of Carriers in this Country :)
*So far.

Thats good! You're the boss.

It certainly seems quieter though - some new blood would help!
If you go on twitter, there are lots of young slightly chubby girls that cant afford clothes, and they live 1.1 miles from me, and 1.1 miles from my mate, who lives 142 miles from me, who want to meet us. If we all contacted 3 of them, that would get the members up.

If you go on twitter, there are lots of young slightly chubby girls that cant afford clothes, and they live 1.1 miles from me, and 1.1 miles from my mate, who lives 142 miles from me, who want to meet us. If we all contacted 3 of them, that would get the members up.
Mine are always fit. You do know that depends on your own browsing behaviour right? 🤫

I pretty much avoid politics altogether minus the few times I had to get some frustration out but I will echo what the rest are saying, if something bothers you then keep scrolling. Contrary to what most think, it's quite alright to not get involved and let whomever have their say. But if I were to want to get into pissing matches for dominance over politics and such well there's the Dunning-Kruger National Park otherwise known as Facebook, more entertaining if the certain audience is getting uppity in the meme wars. I do love taxing the good ones.

For the mil side with pics and video, after doing a lot of room reading it's better for myself to lurk more and only post when I have something relevant to say or share. Almost most of what I find if doing the search right has already been posted somewhere on here. I don't want to be the one cluttering the signal with repeated pictures or videos.

As for getting people to stay especially the newer ones, site membership should at least try to engage and bond with us newbs. Maybe four people said welcome to me, possibly more. More folks have posted in this very thread than the last several new guy threads that were made. Personally not even bothered but some actually might have been.