Politics New Zealand Politics

Like "Crusher" Collins wouldn't have had a stupid gleefull smirk on her face as she personally bent every single barrel of every confiscated firearm.....
Will be very interesting to see how the minor parties play out this year.

I remember that clearly.

McKee's joined Act. Hearing her voice in parliament would be an improvement.

Last edited:
Oh joy! It’s Judith “Chinese Bribery” Collins. There is not a brown paper dogs chance of chasing an asbestos cat through hell that I would vote National now.

Judith Collins is a wannabe Thatcher, she‘s not Thatcher.

She’s a placeholder for Air NZ guy, with John Key behind him in 2023.

After Labour have spent everything on feelings into infinity

Party vote ACT, electorate vote National.

Over in Aussie. Ocean view road the council stopped shore protection now dozens of million $ homes are about to fall into the sea as a direct result. So during the storm the owners were craning in blocks while a councilor looked on and commented sheepishly that they won't be prosecuted for such an action.

Here Department of Conservation stopped trimming tracks and banned the use of chainsaws and machetes. Now their own workers are reporting increase eye injuries as a direct result due to over hangs. All overseen by the incompetent Eugenie Sage of the greenie party.

The feecking greenies, they basically want to see the end of the industrial revolution and society thereafter. WATERMELLONS.

Too many agendas and no one willing to discuss and compromise, The Thar management S**t fight is another example.
But "Crusher Collins" comparing the trigger on her cordless bit driver to the trigger on a taser........?‍♂️

Collins is a placeholder Plastic Thatcher.

Jaba The Gerry Brownlee is best remembered for his “let them eat cake”-like remarks post Christchurch Earthquakes, and his need for a 9XL plate carrier for his dog and pony show visit to Iraq. He is 1.3 pieces of cake away from a 10.6 Richter scale coronary event.

Labour has this one in the bag. Ruling alone probably. But BFFs with their ideological Green Communist friends.

Our only hope for an election upset is if Labour #2 village idiot Kelvin Davis goes against specific orders and says “I’m Matt Damon!” again.

Every syllable out of Kelvin’s mouth is worth approx 0.25% aggregate vote shift away from Labour.

Winston Peters’ NZ First is done, and I’ll reiterate my belief that his final parlour trick will be politically activating Grey Power as a voting block akin to US AARP lobby politics. “Better Call Saul” writers stole their best ideas from Winston Peters shmoozing the retirement home glue factories, “Don’t forget who got you that Gooooooooooold Card ladies......”

Ron Mark will be riding off into the sunset, probably on a proportionally sized Shetland pony with his ever present cowboy hat.

Gerry Brownlee, lets put the man who completely ignored airport security cause he was in a "hell of a hurry" in as our shadow Covid 19 Border response person...... great thinking National at least he knows the ways to get past airport security i guess.....

David Seymour from ACT is likely to shift from irrelevant nerd to nerd king maker.

Overtime, as NZ can no longer ignore the facts obscured by Jacinda/Labour feelings, David Seymour May become a younger, less greasy Winston Peters.

I only know three political leaders in NZ, Peters, Collins and your PM and I’m only here to pose a simple question.

A few of you wanted to vote for this ACT party and they lost to Jacinda, a different kiwi mate told me briefly that while ACT was maybe appealing in term of lesser govt, power to the people and all that, their economic policies were lame.

Do you agree? Until they eventually get to power on national level?

Their economic policies were largely avoiding handouts, or if there were handouts to be had then they were to be balanced by cutbacks elsewhere. Mostly seemed pretty sensible stuff to me, but clearly "teh evil right wing fascists" if you believe that the government does better at spending your money than you do.

Amusingly under the current government civil servant numbers have climbed by 40%. Senior Labour member claimed that we were getting excellent value from the extra numbers and that any attempt to reduce them back to 2017 numbers would result in massive cutbacks to services. It turns out that most of the growth has been in PR and consultants.

Ah, civil servants here have been on the decline for many years. Considering their work though, at least those in public administration like welfare or any other public agencies it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Plenty of… how to say it politely « leeches » actually working half a day to be paid a full day. There’s this coffee break and the gossips with colleagues you know.

I’m quite worried about hospitals workers and police forces, both of which are also a branch of the govt, but at least are useful.

Fewer beds in hospitals? We’ve seen how it panned out recently…

Fewer cops and boots on the streets? More power to the scums…

Instead Labour gave 700 million to farmers instead of a tax on their methane and carbon. Its does sound like a fog of mystifying methane
but its aimed at creating tech to prevent it.
Not sure how it will get accepted, looks like everyone else is paying their own carbon foot print plus the farmers while farmers are doing well with record incomes.
Non parliamentary civil servants are frozen.

ACT would privatize it all...for instance wants to return building inspections back to when the leaky building crisis was created. You had your mate sign off on it whilst he is fishing out on the gulf. Literally happened.
They are usually more sensible regarding social issues.

Ah, civil servants here have been on the decline for many years. Considering their work though, at least those in public administration like welfare or any other public agencies it’s not necessarily a bad thing. Plenty of… how to say it politely « leeches » actually working half a day to be paid a full day. There’s this coffee break and the gossips with colleagues you know.

I’m quite worried about hospitals workers and police forces, both of which are also a branch of the govt, but at least are useful.

Fewer beds in hospitals? We’ve seen how it panned out recently…

Fewer cops and boots on the streets? More power to the scums…
Biggest problem with civil servants here was that they cut the numbers by letting some go.............. and then hired them back as consultants at twice the price to get the work done.......... they definitely weren't doing twice the work..... ?‍♂️.
Hell they can't even answer their phones in a reasonable time frame most days

ACT would privatize it all...for instance wants to return building inspections back to when the leaky building crisis was created. You had your mate sign off on it whilst he is fishing out on the gulf. Literally happened.
They are usually more sensible regarding social issues.

Yes because the council inspectors are so good at their jobs. :rolleyes: No council has ever lost 100's of millions of dollars due to that. At least with the private inspectors they had to have insurance.

That central chch building that failed to get final consent due to faulty engineering is a prime example of local governments underfunding critical departments and failing in their duty to police their own rules.

Both Luxton and Seymour have been eloquent in reply to Taxcindy's budget in parliament today.
She's in deep trouble this time.

Left wing press - Massive victory for Ardern and the "squeezed middle". Actual results - here have $350 and a 2 month extension on the reduced fuel tax and public transport fares.

Yes because the council inspectors are so good at their jobs. :rolleyes: No council has ever lost 100's of millions of dollars due to that. At least with the private inspectors they had to have insurance.
Don't generally see the inspector included in the list of joined defendants when it gets to court.
They all have insurance. From subies, contractors to the engineers.
The system that Seymour projected is proven faulty yet he repeats.
You are right though. How in a world thats been blocked up with supply shortages that has closed companies permanently that the councils still cannot supply consents in a timely efficient manner. 100s of millions lost by this lethargy.

Last edited: