Politics Ukraine politics

morris

Banned
MI.Net Member
Some were members of National Corps, a nationalist group founded by Andriy Biletskiy, who established the controversial Azov volunteer battalion at the start of the conflict with Russia-backed separatists in 2014.

The event, National Platform for Reconciliation and Unity, was led by Serhiy Syvokho, a former stand-up comedian who is an adviser to the secretary of the National Security and Defense Council.
Its goal is to end the six-year war, which has killed more than 13,000 people, and bring back the parts of easternmost Donetsk and Luhansk regions that Kyiv doesn’t control back into its fold.

Footage taken by RFE/RL show one activist pushing Syvokho to the floor as he was being shoved from the hall.
Syvokho later blamed the incident on those who profit from the war and said he would continue efforts aimed at a political settlement.

National Corps later said it had reported Syvokho to the Security Service (SBU) for "treason."
Ukrainian President Volodymyr Zelenskiy ran on a campaign promise last year to end the fighting in the east...

Video.

Looks like some trouble with infighting in political wing of "Azov".

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Last night with Serhii Filimonov were invited to a conversation with Andrew Bilecʹkim.
But, as it turns out, the conversation of former brothers and did not plan because we were collectively trying to convince us not to support Сергій Sternenko
The main arguments were punches in the head and interrogations.
Thank you to all the brothers for their time and inspiration in attempts to convince me, but I want to declare that I will continue to support Sergei.
They don't throw their own.

Looks like some trouble with infighting in political wing of "Azov".

Last night with Serhii Filimonov were invited to a conversation with Andrew Bilecʹkim.
But, as it turns out, the conversation of former brothers and did not plan because we were collectively trying to convince us not to support Сергій Sternenko
The main arguments were punches in the head and interrogations.
Thank you to all the brothers for their time and inspiration in attempts to convince me, but I want to declare that I will continue to support Sergei.
They don't throw their own.

The political off shoot of "azov", the so-called Civilian Corps led by Blieckiy is an organization financed by disgruntled Ukrainian oligarch, Ihor Kolomoyskyi. It was one of the many "tools" used by the businessman that eventually led to downfall of the previous Ukrainian regime headed by Petro Poroshenko. All of the Ukrainian ultra-nationalist organizations are nothing more than lap dogs serving business or foreign interests.

The National Corps attacked Viktor Medvedchuk's office and threw smoke grenades at the building.
An explosion took place in the center of Kyiv near the office of Viktor Medvedchuk, a member of the oposition faction. Police detained several nationalists.

Edit:

Last edited:
The National Corps attacked Viktor Medvedchuk's office and threw smoke grenades at the building.
An explosion took place in the center of Kyiv near the office of Viktor Medvedchuk, a member of the oposition faction. Police detained several nationalists.

Edit:

You are focusing on a wrong stuff, literally nothing more than a smokescreen, while the real news are getting buried by these "performances"

Body of Ukraine lawmaker found in office, had gunshot wound

The body of a member of the Ukrainian parliament was found Saturday in his office, police said.

The body of 47-year-old Valeriy Davydenko was found by a cleaner in the restroom of his office. He had a gunshot wound and there was a pistol near him.

The preliminary investigation suggests he committed suicide, said Zoryan Shkiryak, an Interior Ministry official.

Davydenko, a former deputy agriculture minister, ran for parliament as an independent. In the previous parliament, he was a member of President Petro Poroshenko's party.

I read about Davydenko family involvement in agricultural land holdings.
Is this suicide somehow connected to the new law about land ownership by foreign companies?

I read about Davydenko family involvement in agricultural land holdings.
Is this suicide somehow connected to the new law about land ownership by foreign companies?

Honestly, I have no idea. Everything is possible including this NOT being a suicide. Back to your post, though. Medvechuk is fortunately is riding towards oblivion. Not going to put past me that he organized this even himself as "civilian corps" at this point is nothing more than professional troublemakers for hire.

Also, if I somehow gained power in Ukraine, imprisoning Medvechuk or at least putting him on a one way plane ride to Russia would have been my first order of business. he is the real-life devil (and looks like one to boot). Back in 1980 when he was a public defender for the Ukrainian dissident Vasyl Stus he asked for HARSHER punishment for his defendant than the prosecutors were asking for! Vasyl Stus passed away during hunger strike in 1985. The case against him was overturned by the Soviet court itself back in 1990 when USSR still existed.

Now they have a go at Ze.
az3.jpeg

az1.jpeg

I wonder if this has something to do with the Biden-Poroshenko tapes?

Now they have a go at Ze.
View attachment 227157
View attachment 227158

I wonder if this has something to do with the Biden-Poroshenko tapes?

No, these small, loud, but peaceful protests have been going on for a while. Ignore "Civilian Corps". Nobody wanted them there, and nobody wants to associate with them. I have a lot of close friends who are die hard fans of Poroshenko, but his time, perhaps unfortunately has passed. That being said, Ukrainian is establishments is woefully incompetent when it comes to the soft power. They have an uncanny ability to back the losing horse.

This makes me worried that Biden might be the next US president. Cringe. Strana.ua is more pro-Russian source more so than the Russian media. Medvechuk is trying to hold on to his relevance as all of the old guard across the spectrum, but populists rule even though thing are getting worse on every front.

Hundreds of people rallied in front of a Kyiv courthouse on June 12 to support Odesa activist Serhiy Sternenko, who has been charged with murder.
Later they went to places of residence of the president Zelensky and the state prosecutor to intimidate them.

Hundreds of people rallied in front of a Kyiv courthouse on June 12 to support Odesa activist Serhiy Sternenko, who has been charged with murder.
Later they went to places of residence of the president Zelensky and the state prosecutor to intimidate them.

And as usual, Ukrainian riot police made things worse by beating a war veteran and a professor. By the way, you've misinterpreted what happened with Sternenko (but then again you rely on Kremlin media so I'm not surprised). In 2018, the dude survived 3(!) assassination attempts on his life. During the last one he fought off his attackers and then gave chase to one of them killing him with a knife in the second scuffle. I'm really embarrassed that SBU, organization that I have supported for a number of years is involved in this farce.

07.jpg

Nationalists attacked protesters against Zelensky's inaction in the subway but were roughened up in turn.

And as usual, Ukrainian riot police made things worse by beating a war veteran and a professor. By the way, you've misinterpreted what happened with Sternenko (but then again you rely on Kremlin media so I'm not surprised). In 2018, the dude survived 3(!) assassination attempts on his life. During the last one he fought off his attackers and then gave chase to one of them killing him with a knife in the second scuffle. I'm really embarrassed that SBU, organization that I have supported for a number of years is involved in this farce.

I do not know what is your point, but in Serbia this would not be self defense but murder. As he defended him self and then chase that men and kill him. At the moment of killing he wasn't defending himself.

Ukrainian judicial system has nothing to do with justice, it's a banana republic setup known as "phone justice" or "pocket justice" designed to serve the interests of whoever is in charge at the moment. Successive Ukrainian administrations promised reforms, but nothing was done in decades because it's so convenient for someone who is in power. By the way, the judges are the same for decades as well. :)

New nazist/fascist pro-regime organization Centuria was presented today in Ukraine.

While all of these nazist death squads in Ukraine controlled by regime, there is not known for the moment who controlled this one - Avakov (police) or Poroshenko (SBU).

EefyDDHXkAACSP0

EefyFk2XoAAVQlB

Azov's leader Biletsky announced on August 24 the march of "defenders of Ukraine" and protests near office of the President.

Zelensky is not happy.
zelenskiyclown.jpg

Azov's leader Biletsky announced on August 24 the march of "defenders of Ukraine" and protests near office of the President.

Zelensky is not happy.
View attachment 245715

So what? They'll chant, they'll carry some torches... and they'll go home. Moderate nationalists in Ukraine, which is Poroshenko's base about 25%. "Extreme nationalists" not even 1%. No matter how loud they'll get. As much as I despise Zelensky, there is no one to replace him at the moment that appeals to diverse political spectrum. That being said he is trying to mimic Putin, "the czar is good, the noblemen are bad".

SBU fail. Why Zilensky was so pissed off about Belarus refused to extradite Russians to Ukraine,

Aug 24, 2020 Zelensky's office was stormed by "Azovtsy".
Immediately after the "March of the Defenders" "Azovtsy" and "National Corpus" (which is the same thing) came to shout (once again) their demands to the Prosecutor General, the Minister of the Interior Ministry and Zelensky. The police did not want to let them in, but they broke through.
Of the key demands, they wanted the adoption of a law on "collaborationists" and demanded the release of the accused in the Sheremet case.