Politics New Zealand Politics

Guys, lets gets this thread back on track please, not that I was all that impressed with it in the first place ;)....... we are now well in the realm of the Gun laws thread.
Head over to that thread to continue the debate please, any further posts on the gun issue in NZ will be transferred. (Y)

Went through the Napier Taupo route and saw the country that generations spent clearing that is going into pines for cabon credits on overseas owned or contracted land. Wonderful easy contour pastoral land right by the road. Taxcinder thinks the trees are where they should be. She must be a total idiot.

Maori tribe in Auckland is demanding the private land be handed over to them to do with historical inhabitant laws in NZ. Big dispute. Marching and all, police lines and the owners are one of NZ's biggest companies.
80% Kiwis say Govt should not hand it back. But thats not the end of the matter politically.
Urerewas which was a national park was handed back ....over 80% are like where the hell is the Urerewas if there was a poll..
And given taxcinders propensity of whimsical midnight laws she has put herself on a very real limb.

Government to buy back Ihumatao for $45 million

Arse-cinda confirms that our election date will be 19 September. Oh jebbus and Superman, please let the dozy bint be voted out - preferably in a humiliating manner.

What are the odds of it actually happening, though? I'd suppose her hijab-wearing days post Christchurch and the overall climate change hysteria have endeared her to the liberal masses quite a bit? I've read the polls, obviously, but eight months are a lot of time.

It's tight enough that I don't think anyone is sure what the outcome will be. Like the FRG we use a MMP election system. So a percentage point up or down in the minor parties can be the difference between being in Parliament and being on the outside looking in with sad eyes. And those minor parties are what put the major parties into power. In short, it will depend upon them.

It's tight enough that I don't think anyone is sure what the outcome will be. Like the FRG we use a MMP election system. So a percentage point up or down in the minor parties can be the difference between being in Parliament and being on the outside looking in with sad eyes. And those minor parties are what put the major parties into power. In short, it will depend upon them.

After what has happened this term, I will actively oppose Labour/Greens for the remainder of my days.

What are the odds of it actually happening, though? I'd suppose her hijab-wearing days post Christchurch and the overall climate change hysteria have endeared her to the liberal masses quite a bit? I've read the polls, obviously, but eight months are a lot of time.

The Hijab thing was a rather awkward shows of solidarity towards the NZ Muslim community but I’m sure there are a lot more things to be annoyed at this govt than that. And no, not only the “gun grabbing” thing.

The Hijab thing was a rather awkward shows of solidarity towards the NZ Muslim community but I’m sure there are a lot more things to be annoyed at this govt than that. And no, not only the “gun grabbing” thing.
Lack of progress on solving the housing problem, increase in the number of people on benefits, mixed outlook on the economy, child poverty figures not improving.................................... and oh yeah, confiscation of private property due to the crimes of another.

I suspect bribes in the budget and hoping like hell that National implodes are part of the Labour party strategy this election.
Now I'm not saying National will fix any of that either, but unless Labour can announce some actual improvements rather than figure picking I think they are on the backfoot.

Lack of progress on solving the housing problem, increase in the number of people on benefits, mixed outlook on the economy, child poverty figures not improving.................................... and oh yeah, confiscation of private property due to the crimes of another.

I suspect bribes in the budget and hoping like hell that National implodes are part of the Labour party strategy this election.
Now I'm not saying National will fix any of that either, but unless Labour can announce some actual improvements rather than figure picking I think they are on the backfoot.
Unfortunately "free stuff" buys lots of votes:(

They have a surplus a large one that they held onto and held onto for to long to help them. Previous election there was no margin in it. Conditions really have not improved and arguably are more difficult now. How can they win. Peters better be planning his retirement.

Coronavirus is more contagious and they have been completely unproactive along with issueing health ministry she'll be right predictions. Its an apt analogy for their inept govt.

Unfortunately "free stuff" buys lots of votes:(
Emotions beat everything nowadays. Politicians don't have to deliver on manifesto points anymore. They just need to make the citizen feel they're being taken care of.

Unluckily for Labour, they're hostage to a lot of their own words. Promises made and then spectacularly failed to deliver on. They were already crying "foul" over the oppositions use of footage of Labour MP's saying things to show them up.

So the cancer treatments and road maintenance savings amounted to 5 billion that taxcinder proudly used as a blatantly obvious election bribe a few days after anouncing her general election date,. The handy thing is that Nats also have the 5 billion to spend as a blatantly obvious vote bribe.

Yeah, Winnie said Si had a lot to learn about politics. Maybe he has a lot to learn about people, such as voters want honesty and integrity in their politicians, not constantly new promises or policies. But then again, some people are easy to fool.