Politics The COVID-19 pandemic news and discussion.

The fund is now more than 2.5 billions US dollars. King of Morocco give personally 200 millions US dollars, all the billionaires in Morocco participate in the fund with 100 millions or 200 millions USD, soccer club, hight level military, politicians, famous stars, local politicians deputy senators.

Screenshot_20200322-152200_Chrome.webp

all the billionaires in Morocco participate in the fund with 100 millions or 200 millions USD, soccer club, hight level military, politicians, famous stars, local politicians deputy senators.
Is it the zakat or something forcible?

Is it the zakat or something forcible?

Yes possible a kind of zakat, and it is more the fact that the king put pressure on the rich in Morocco to support the state in the face of this ordeal, which has only just begun. Morocco is a developing country that does not have a population that pays taxes or social security contributions to the state coffers, not enough in any case as in Europe or North America, so faced with this crisis, we must mobilize the means of all Moroccans with money, the king to set an example by paying a large sum of money, knowing that behind him the rich Moroccans will be afraid to sit idly by.

This crisis will have economic consequences on the working classes in Morocco and on several economic sectors, the king knows this and in my opinion he understands that if nothing is done, it could also have political consequences in the medium and long term .

Yes possible a kind of zakat, and it is more the fact that the king put pressure on the rich in Morocco to support the state in the face of this ordeal, which has only just begun. Morocco is a developing country that does not have a population that pays taxes or social security contributions to the state coffers, not enough in any case as in Europe or North America, so faced with this crisis, we must mobilize the means of all Moroccans with money, the king to set an example by paying a large sum of money, knowing that behind him the rich Moroccans will be afraid to sit idly by.

This crisis will have economic consequences on the working classes in Morocco and on several economic sectors, the king knows this and in my opinion he understands that if nothing is done, it could also have political consequences in the medium and long term .
Thank you for your detailed explanation.
So, the statistics about Morocco is:
Confirmed: 104
Deaths: 3
Recovered: 3
Is the low number of infected people down to the small number of tests?
I've just had a telephone conversation with my dad who lives in Poland. He told me the situation in Poland is far more scary than it appears to be. The number of tests has been very small and there was an instance of a man who died, as he was quarantined rather than healed. Due to the lack of resources, many suspected people are quarantined and no further steps are taken.

In order to enforce the confinement, Nicole Belloubet proposed to the National Assembly to fine 3750€ and subject people up to 6 months of prison is they break confinement.

Yeah.

In France we have found a way to keep everything under control. We are doing just fiiiiiiine.

Things are crazy!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Oh yeah. Some people are really desperate:

The Kraut is phoning in…

The governments of the Federal Republic of Germany and the German lands today decided to enact legislation and prohibitions the likes of which this country has not known since its return to democracy.
  • All social contacts between more than two people will be banned, even on private grounds. Exemptions exist only for family members, cohabitees, life partners, the urgent use of public transport, funerals and essential work-related contacts. Violations are punishable by a fine.
  • The Ministry of Justice has issued a legal ordinance that obstinate repeat offenders can be treated as though they willfully tried to transmit a disease, and may be held liable for an attempt to cause grievous bodily harm, carrying a punishment of not under 6 months in prison.
  • For the most part, public health falls under state-level jurisdiction in Germany. However, the Lands today agreed to yield this jurisdiction to the Federation and invest the Federation with extensive powers, introducing a "medical emergency of national importance" as a sub-category of the state of war. The Federal Government will be authorised to
    • suspend the freedom of movement. All traffic of any kind can be banned, both domestic and pertaining to entries and departures.
    • suspend the freedom of property. Premises, machinery, materials, products and all other necessary goods and items can be seized to produce medicines, medical equipment or goods and items required to produce the aforesaid.
    • suspend the freedom of enterprise. The government is given the right to fix prices as it sees fit. Industrial enterprises can be shut down or required to produce goods and items under the instruction and supervision of the government.
    • suspend the freedom of occupation. Medical professionals and people with some medical training (e.g. firefighters, medical students) can be required to serve in the health system under the instruction and supervision of the government.
    • suspend the right to privacy. If someone is suspected to carry a dangerous disease, they can be required to disclose their movements, private contacts and communications. Telecommunications providers can be required to disclose the movement of people suspected to carry a dangerous disease.
It's essentially martial law without the war. Holy scheisse.

My brother is in self-isolation due to contacts with a Covid-19 positive person. For the first time, I'm genuinely worried: He'd just visited our mother before learning of it. She is 64 and has skin cancer.

Thank you for your detailed explanation.
So, the statistics about Morocco is:
Confirmed: 104
Deaths: 3
Recovered: 3
Is the low number of infected people down to the small number of tests?
I've just had a telephone conversation with my dad who lives in Poland. He told me the situation in Poland is far more scary than it appears to be. The number of tests has been very small and there was an instance of a man who died, as he was quarantined rather than healed. Due to the lack of resources, many suspected people are quarantined and no further steps are taken.

Yes exactly, there is a low number of tests.

The Ukrainian PM twatted this message a couple of hours ago after striking a deal with the Polish PM.
That's how the things should be done: using diplomatic channels, without any complaints to the U.S.A., NATO, Santa Claus or the pope.
The last hashtag, #LOTDoDomu, is about using Polish planes to take Ukrainians staying abroad home.

Thing is you are reporting this half-way only. Before the whining and moaning began Estonian FM had a deal in place with their Polish colleagues, which the latter broke as the situation changed and developed. Poles ofc are absolutely free to play this by their tailor-made set of rules, so what I am saying is that there was a serious diplomatic "not cool" situation in place and hence the question was raised on NATO level - if in times of troubles no deals hold, how are we to maintain trust and co-operation? I am sure the appropriate channels have already smoothed out this misunderstanding.

Your reference to a newspaper "article" was actually sort of a front-page ruse with just a few sentences. The overall tone of it was not a serious one, meaning something along the lines "c'mon now pan's and pani's..."

What I didn't quite understand was your reference to the Baltic situation being "out of control" as an excuse to introduce harsher measures to those trying to get north, back home. But maybe I just didn't get your point.

Stay safe!

Old age homes here are forbidding visitors. One home discovered an overseas returned staff tested positive and had been working for weeks.

I strongly suspect that this thing is seasonal. We have had 50 odd proven cases come in from overseas yet the two per each infection case has not occurred, so far for all these months of summer has created 2 suspected community spread. Do the math. (touch wood)

Republic of Ireland, Social distancing at a park, its happening at many locations in Ireland -

"
Kevin Hickey
1 hr
An awful lot of people telling me to stay at f***ing home.
Got cabin fever, so went for a little drive. I wish to clarify, I didn't get out of the car.
Well, Rockingham is buzzing."

Republic of Ireland - Sunday 22. 03. 2020.- "Gardai (Police) have arrived to deal with chaotic scenes at Kilclooney Woods as crowds flock to Coumshingaun. Authorities are reminding the public to please adhere to social distancing guidelines.

Republic of Ireland - Sunday 22. 03. 2020.- "Gardai (Police) have arrived to deal with chaotic scenes at Kilclooney Woods as crowds flock to Coumshingaun. Authorities are reminding the public to please adhere to social distancing guidelines.

Probably be more effective to give them all parking tickets. Boris is threatening to go further on the clamp down. As we cant accept another weekend of this, expect things to tighten this week.

Yesterday some 40 cases, today 7 in Slovakia. New Prime Minister admitted that testing is done too conservatively, and they have run out of tests.

Three doctors have deceived the public. Two doctors who work in the largest hospital of Bratislava have been tested positive after having returned early March from a skiing trip in Italy, and who went to work as usual. Also a gynecologist working in a clinic also managed to contaminate people around him.

We don´t need medical personnel to be quarantained for this. This is criminal.

185 people are positive for COVID 19.

My brother is in self-isolation due to contacts with a Covid-19 positive person. For the first time, I'm genuinely worried: He'd just visited our mother before learning of it. She is 64 and has skin cancer.
Arrrr shvt. Hope your relatives will get through. Did your brother have symptoms?
You are not supposed to be contagious more than 24 rarely 48h before declaring the first symptoms.