Movie / TV Upcoming Movies/Shows News & Trailers

My better half wants to go see the new Indiana Jones movie. I have fond memories of going to see the first and the third Indy movies at the theater, but don't know what to think about this latest one. Guess I should just intend to enjoy!
The reviews indicate a horrible woke-fest. Indy is a broken old man, which even the industry shills found uncomfortable to watch. His female replacement kicks ass, one-ups him at every turn and doesn't even let him die when he wants to go out in a last blaze of glory.

The reviews indicate a horrible woke-fest. Indy is a broken old man, which even the industry shills found uncomfortable to watch. His female replacement kicks ass, one-ups him at every turn and doesn't even let him die when he wants to go out in a last blaze of glory.
Haven't seen it, haven't read any reviews on it but I'm not sure it's a "woke-fest" because the female lead who is in her 30s outperforms Harrison Ford who was in this 30s when he made the first film 40 years ago.

I'm preparing myself to be quickly disgusted or mildy entertained. :)

I wonder if I can find one of the movie theaters around here that serves beer. Not very common, but might help!!!

Haven't seen it, haven't read any reviews on it but I'm not sure it's a "woke-fest" because the female lead who is in her 30s outperforms Harrison Ford who was in this 30s when he made the first film 40 years ago.
The lead is notorious feminist Phoebe Waller-Bridge, and the plot seems to be tailored to her person. Even 'Vanity Fair', a magazine not known for its right-wing takes, found her character obnoxious and Indy's ending needlessly sad. Many reviewers have likened it to the treatment Kathleen Kennedy gave Luke Skywalker: A once-beloved male hero is "deconstructed", i.e. reduced to a shadow of his former self and eclipsed by a Mary Sue. Needless to say, Harrison Ford should've called it quits a long time ago. He didn't look overly energetic even in 'Kingdom of the Chrystal Skull". Which I fully expect to look like a masterpiece next to this flick.

Honestly, I don't go out of my way to get upset about stuff. I'll watch it and if I don't like it then I'll think "that was crap", put a post in the "last movie you watched" thread here and I won't watch it again and that's the end of it.

And for me he won't be a "once-beloved male hero" because I've still got the first three movies on blu-ray and I can watch them whenever I want. And if Harrison Ford called it quits a long time ago then we wouldn't have "Blade Runner 2049" which I absolutely love.

^^——- Good way to look at it. The first three always grab my attention whenever I happen to stumble upon their being broadcasted!

(Spoiler Alert)

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Critical Drinker has watched it. He's a good guy, especially because unlike many other channels he's not afraid to admit when he's wrong. And his first and foremost interest is story-telling, not politics. According to him, it's really not a good movie.

Quote: "Make no mistake, this is not the Indiana Jones that any of us remember. This absolute imposter is timid, gullible, naive, sad, depressed, week, cowardly, clueless and incompetent. […] How is it possible for studios to hate the very chracters that allow them to exist in the first place?"

Last edited:
Just come back from the cinema after watching Indy 5. For entertainment is ok, you watch it once you don't feel the need to watch it again. Mads Mikkelsen makes another great villain performance, and it's not so woke as you ppl might think.
In general it is not the last jedi of the indiana jones saga.
A little streched in terms of time , but in general ok. 7/10

Watched “Transformers: Rise of the beasts”
I felt ashamed for Peter Cullen, for participating in such BS. Don’t waste your time. This movie never should’ve happened

My wife and I have been invited by Mother in Law to go see Indy 5 this weekend. I hope I will be entertained, but I also am worried I will displeased. Well, "ya win some, ya lose some".

My wife and I have been invited by Mother in Law to go see Indy 5 this weekend. I hope I will be entertained, but I also am worried I will displeased. Well, "ya win some, ya lose some".

I was underwhelmed, but didn't think its as bad as some say either.

It was better than Chrystal Skull, so at least they managed that.

Ok! Got back from that movie!

Quick report to people like Gaz: Go! Enjoy! If you like Indiana Jones movies , you’ll be quite satisfied.

Please, don’t do it! Just let it be as it was 😢
I understand this sentiment.
But.... It may just be excellent, too.

Looking forward to how any interconnecting storylines between the new film and the rest of the trilogy may be addressed (in terms of time travel) in this movie.

Will it be called a quartology?

It’s not really the right thread for this but Mark Margolis has died aged 83 year old.

In case the name doesn’t ring a bell (no bad pun intended), remember the cripple and bound to a wheelchair banditos in Breaking bad and better call Saul. Also the movie Scarface.

It’s not really the right thread for this but Mark Margolis has died aged 83 year old.

In case the name doesn’t ring a bell (no bad pun intended), remember the cripple and bound to a wheelchair banditos in Breaking bad and better call Saul. Also the movie Scarface.
Hector Salamanca had his revenge. Best show after Sopranos, IMO.
RIP great actor!

I can already see, if this show runs long enough, it's basically becoming The Expanse prequel.

Back