Remembrance Colin Powell, military leader and first Black US secretary of state, dies after complications from Covid-19

Telmar

Mi Major General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
I think I saw him the first time on TV during the first Gulf war.

Rest in Peace

He certainly made an impact on the world.

1634563996252.png

Rest in Peace

+ Colin Powell +

As Jake said he wasn't that bad nothwithstanding his fake WMD adventure. I always had some sympathy for him.

But, one has to acknowledge, Iraq is way better off than Afghanistan in the end.

Rest in Peace

+ Colin Powell +

As Jake said he wasn't that bad nothwithstanding his fake WMD adventure. I always had some sympathy for him.

But, one has to acknowledge, Iraq is way better off than Afghanistan in the end.
Thats like saying one S**t is better cause its a lot drier, in the end they are both S**t. Iraq or Afghanistan will not be what i would call "the best of American foreign policy"

"Adventure" that resulted and thousands of lives lost, countries crippled for generations, trillions in expenditure, etc...

But apparently he was appreciated by the people who served under him (that is, prior to him being part of the Dubya admin).

IDK I was pretty sceptical of the Iraq adventure, mostly because of the fabricated lies leading to the invasion. And the huge civilian suffering.

But in hindsight. Strategically it may have been worth it in the long run.

If Iraq manages to improve further they are better off then under Saddam.

But just my marginally informed 2ct

Problem is some clueless people don’t even really know Colin’s background beside him holding the white powder at the UN, from being wounded in Vietnam (another American adventure…) to him getting hired by Dubya and then eventually leaving the Republican Party to endorse Obama.

The most heroic part of his life was, probably being wounded in another dubious US war, and on a more personal level to have been appreciated by his peers and relatives.

IDK I was pretty sceptical of the Iraq adventure, mostly because of the fabricated lies leading to the invasion. And the huge civilian suffering.

I guess that would be for history to tell.

Mmm!

Ask the Northern Iraq Kurd's and South (Swamp) Kurd's about suffering you know as Chemical Ali (sad Damn's Cousin) was using chemical poison gas against men, women and children.

By the way, such weapons alone are classed as W.M.D.'s.

Sad damn got himself into a mess by his refusal to allow UN inspection teams check out facilities believed to be involved in manufacture of components for WMD (nukes) and treatment of the Kurds.

I would rather the West went in and found no nukes, than sit on our heels and have one go off in the west.

Mmm!

Ask the Northern Iraq Kurd's and South (Swamp) Kurd's about suffering you know as Chemical Ali (sad Damn's Cousin) was using chemical poison gas against men, women and children.

Sad damn got himself into a mess by his refusal to allow UN inspection teams check out facilities believed to be involved in manufacture of components for WMD (nukes) and treatment of the Kurds.

I would rather the West went in and found no nukes, than sit on our heels and have one go off in the west.

Yes, Sa Dame was an arsehole of the highest order and even that is being nice. He was also an admirer of that other c*nt known as Joseph Stalin which says a lot.

I don’t have a shred of a clue as to whether Sa Dame was about to toss one out towards the west, but if that was the case; we’d have lost a couple of thousand of our citizens.

And Iraq and its leader would have been flattened.

I’m now thinking about the long term consequences about the Iraq war. Firstly for the Iraqis people, and the rest which followed later: IS, the Arab Spring which didn’t work as well as some had hoped, and the migrants or refugees coming to Europe.

Of course leaving Sa Dame or one of his son to power was a bit of a gamble, but Iraq is still a crap hole, and the refugees crisis has only started. From Iraq, Astan, Africa.

Yes, Sa Dame was an arsehole of the highest order and even that is being nice. He was also an admirer of that other c*nt known as Joseph Stalin which says a lot.

I don’t have a shred of a clue as to whether Sa Dame was about to toss one out towards the west, but if that was the case; we’d have lost a couple of thousand of our citizens.

And Iraq and its leader would have been flattened.

I’m now thinking about the long term consequences about the Iraq war. Firstly for the Iraqis people, and the rest which followed later: IS, the Arab Spring which didn’t work as well as some had hoped, and the migrants or refugees coming to Europe.

Of course leaving Sa Dame or one of his son to power was a bit of a gamble, but Iraq is still a crap hole, and the refugees crisis has only started. From Iraq, Astan, Africa.
Some parts of the world seem destined to remain crap holes, and this wasnt caused by the US or EU/UK.

Balkans - the bloody Balkans
Arabia/Iran/Iraq for as long as history goes back, were killing each other, meanwhile we were learning farming and domesticating animals.

Lets call it Iraq..oh jolly good show e what.

Mmm!

So why not to tell the truth instead of the politically motivated lies for which he is remembered now?
A good reputation is hard to earn and easy to lose and that is what happened when the good soldier became a politician :(

So why not to tell the truth instead of the politically motivated lies for which he is remembered now?
A good reputation is hard to earn and easy to lose and that is what happened when the good soldier became a politician :(
Because at the time there was no way after the Inspection Teams were blocked from checking out locations to verify exactly what Sad Damn was working on with regards a nuke, so many people are wise after the fact, but, the main point is he (SDH) needed to be stopped/removed and his clan were actively involved in ethnic cleansing towards the Kurds.