Politics EU Politics and News

Intolerable. I don't know what how long this sharade shall continue.

They freed the money without him but it's more than obvious that he is a corrupt fifth columnist and works for the enemy.

They only get Western and Chinese factories because of their EU Access. Otherwise they can grow paprika for Putler.

Make your choice.

Pretty simple one would think.

Sometimes you need to use colors otherwise they continue to dilute everything by using toddler tactics.

It's a bit like parents not able to speak up to a toddler and getting the expected result.

The EU must reform to be able to act in unity and not give idiots perks for nothing in return.

Totally detached from the population I might add. Because it's mostly a minority having such interests. In the end the majority would profit.

But we are by far not there and I am not that versed in EU jurisdiction so it may be that only cutting corners helps...

There's no mechanism to throw a member out, unfortunately. Why Hungary doesn't get sidelined for acting so clearly against their partners' (and financial backers') interests is beyond me. I mean, what's the fear here? That Orban could suck Putin's cock even more vigorously?

Commies win in france
1000036513.webp

Last edited:
Tell me they're not also those lefts that vote against Ukraine aid in the EU parliament?
The hard left is a part of the leftist bloc, but their focus is on repealing Macron's pensions reform. The more centrist parties seemed to have put their stamp on the bloc's foreign affairs programme. Their joint manifesto says the following about Ukraine:
Defending Ukraine and peace on the European continent

In order to stop Vladimir Putin's war of aggression and ensure he is held accountable for his crimes against international law: defending unwaveringly the sovereignty and freedom of the Ukrainian people and the integrity of its borders, delivering the necessary weapons, cancelling its foreign debt, seizing (in accordance to international law) the assets of the oligarchs contributing to the Russian war effort, sending peacekeepers to secure nuclear power stations, and working against a backdrop of international tension and war on the European continent towards a return of peace.
Doesn't read to me as if they're opposed to Macron's course when it comes to Ukraine.

The civilizational collapse of France and of Europe

Sad times for living

How is it possible?
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Bc of the shitty electoral sistem of France that makes everybody join forces in the 2nd round to "stop the extreme right"

Meanwhile the extreme left has always carte blanch to destroy an entire nation.

France is doomed.

Well, at least France isn't burning, so there is that.

Though, interestingly enough, the New Popular Front only won because it is an amalgamation of various, all of them in fact, left-leaning parties.
Mélanchon, his party, alone has less seats than LePen's.

Had RN adopted the same approach and gone for a coalition the LR, they would have had a crushing majority.

German media celebrating Le Pen's defeat gave me a good chuckle. Jean-Luc Melénchon hates Germany and has said things about Germans which would be condemned as blatant racism if said about a non-White people.

So short-sighted.
Well, at least France isn't burning, so there is that.

Though, interestingly enough, the New Popular Front only won because it is an amalgamation of various, all of them in fact, left-leaning parties.
Mélanchon, his party, alone has less seats than LePen's.

Had RN adopted the same approach and gone for a coalition the LR, they would have had a crushing majority.

I can't believe how clumsily Ciotti went about trying to create an alliance with Le Pen, though. Even a sympathetic party couldn't have tolerated a leader who just bypasses all statute procedures and intra-party committees and is like: This is what we'll do.

Heh... it's not burning yet.

And there are rumors about François Hollande getting nominated as Prime Minister.

That'd actually be fairly clever from the left's point of view.

It could, maybe.

But during his presidency "Le Flan" ruled by showing how inept and apathetic he was in a time dictating for actions to be taken.

Though, one could argue being Prime Minister is a much more comfortable job than President: you make suggestions, ultimately the President is the one enforcing them.

edit:

Ah well, Macron rejected Attal's resignation.

Last edited:
Bc of the shitty electoral sistem of France that makes everybody join forces in the 2nd round to "stop the extreme right"

Meanwhile the extreme left has always carte blanch to destroy an entire nation.

France is doomed.
I assure you that neither RN nor Reform UK intend to make good on their promise to introduce a proportional representation system in their respective country. The inherent unfairness of first-past-the-post voting seems to have sabotaged their success, yes, but it's also their only chance to ever come to power. With proportional representation, they'd need 50+% of the popular vote to win a majority in seats. Under the current system, as we've seen, a third of the popular vote might quite suffice to win a decisive majority in seats. The glass ceiling is actually much lower.

I assure you that neither RN nor Reform UK intend to make good on their promise to introduce a proportional representation system in their respective country. The inherent unfairness of first-past-the-post voting seems to have sabotaged their success, yes, but it's also their only chance to ever come to power. With proportional representation, they'd need 50+% of the popular vote to win a majority in seats. Under the current system, as we've seen, a third of the popular vote might quite suffice to win a decisive majority in seats. The glass ceiling is actually much lower.
I don't like both systems 😁

Proportional yes. But just one turn.

Last edited:
In Finland "controversial" push back/return law passed with 5/6 majority, that was requires for this type of law.

Few people cried, because this is supposedly so horrible.

Parliament approves controversial border law changes The so-called deportation bill was passed by 167 votes to 31.

Finland's parliament has approved a government bill aimed at making controversial changes to the nation's border laws. The so-called deportation bill was passed by 167 votes to 31. Due to the contentious nature of the legislative changes, the bill required a supermajority — the backing of five-sixths of the MPs present in parliament at the time of the vote — in order to pass. The vote followed a lengthy series of speeches during the plenary session on Friday afternoon, with 34 MPs making requests to address the floor on the subject. Once enacted, the legislation will allow Finnish border authorities to refuse to accept asylum applications under certain circumstances. The government viewed the bill as necessary in order to tackle any potential use of 'hybrid influencing' by Russia, such as the funnelling of large groups of migrants to Finnish checkpoints on the eastern land border.