Mil News AUKUS Military and political News

In this region France needs Australia more then Australia needs France but French politicians arrogance and stupidity prevent them from understanding that simple fact so now they compete with Chincom for the title of biggest whinger of the day every day. I pity France for having such leaders :(
Why would France need Australia in this region? If it is at the economic level, yes, but Australia also needs us (they buy products from us and we buy products from them.
if it's on a military level, we don't need Australia to defend our territories (New Caledonia, Tahiti, Wallis and Futuna)?
who would want or who could attack us?
I exclude the USA, New Zealand and Australia which are normally our allies. the only one left is China which is starting to scare its neighbors, more or less close, including the USA
I think that if China attacked one of our territories, Australia would start shitting its pants.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)

I put you a twitter link of the spokesman of the ministry of the armies (french):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

In this region France needs Australia more then Australia needs France but French politicians arrogance and stupidity prevent them from understanding that simple fact so now they compete with Chincom for the title of biggest whinger of the day every day. I pity France for having such leaders :(
France doesn't need Australia at all to maintain security in the pacific region. They have a permanent garrison there. Australia doesn't need France to guarantee the safety of Australia either. The point is that when it comes to the pacific region, France is way more of a useful ally to Australia than the United Kingdom could be. The sheer discrepancy between what facilities, garrisons and forces the French maintain in the pacific compared to those of the British, and the size of their territorial waters there, speak volumes about this fact.
It's not just national pride,
The average citizen may care about national pride. The average strategist wonders how much allies can be trusted who put long-term plans into motion to sabotage their nation's foreign policy, feigning to do one thing and in secrecy preparing to do the other. Australia could've simply cancelled the contract, it's not like procurement programmes don't get axed left, right and centre.
If I was a French taxpayer, I'd be asking why this cancellation is going to cost me more money.
I don't understand your point. Even the most simple-minded consumer has a basic understanding of economies of scale.
So it's logical for the French government to deflect blame away from themselves and their defence contractors.
I don't see why the French government would be to blame? They have done nothing wrong.

Why would France need Australia in this region?
France doesn't need Australia at all to maintain security in the pacific region.

Which doesn't contradict my statement about Australian zero need for France and explains reason why France wasn't informed about AUKUS creation in advance.

The survey of 1,094 respondents shows 62% believed Australia was correct to pursue the nuclear submarine deal with the US and the UK, while 54% agreed with the statement: “The Aukus partnership is in Australia’s best security and economic interests.”

The French Foreign Minister told Parliament he had "now asked our ambassador to return to Canberra with two objectives: helping to define our relationship with Australia in the future... and firmly defend our interests in the implementation of Australia's decision to terminate the submarine program."

oops

?

The Royal Navy nuclear-powered submarine (SSN) Astute is conducting a port call to Perth (Western Australia).

British nuclear submarine HMS Astute has docked in Western Australia just hours after French President Emmanuel Macron accused Prime Minister Scott Morrison of "breaking their relationship of trust".

Some people say they got in just to get few cartons of Emu.

I smell another "low" end of the Hi-Lo mix F-35 coming :(
You are going to need some more tankers for the F35's which would be vulnerable

Or throw a load more money at building a slightly bigger 'Loyal Wingman' with a much larger operating range- and better anti ship stand-off weapons

I would go for the latter