Politics The COVID-19 pandemic news and discussion.

Ah yes, disastrous handling of the situation.

To the point that even Ilhan Omar and a significant number of Democrats (even Schumer) are praising Trump for his actions.

Only the MSM, and some hardcore TDS never-Trumpers, are still trying deflect though, playing the racism card (because "kung-flu"), the nationalist card (because borders closed).
Yeah. Biden called Trump an hysterical xenophobe for banning Chinese air travel early on. Then they were pissed when he closed European air travel without taking the time to get the OK from the EU. So f*ck 'em and feed 'em fish heads.

Neither Biden Nor Sanders Would Have Saved American Lives With Travel Bans Like Trump Did

Trump Rightly Went Against the Academic Model
A contentious exchange during the March 11 House Homeland Security Committee hearing on the coronavirus response revealed this reality. During the hearing, acting Deputy Secretary of Homeland Security Ken Cuccinelli explained he had advised the president to ban travel from China even though “the academic model suggested not to do that.” Cuccinelli further stressed that “the president was well aware” that the existing models recommended against a China travel ban but that Trump nonetheless instituted the ban.

Amazingly, rather than compliment Cuccinelli and Trump for their leadership, Democratic Rep. Dina Titus of Nevada chastised the Trump administration for refusing to follow a flawed academic model:

I think you said earlier that you rejected the academic models that advised against travel boundaries or travel restrictions and gave the advice to the president to the contrary. What would make you think you could reject an academic model based on scientific study and evidence to advise the president? Was that like bad politics as opposed to good science? I think it probably [is that] this administration have very little respect for anything intellectual. And this is yet another example.
https://thefederalist.com/2020/03/1...erican-lives-with-travel-bans-like-trump-did/

Last edited:
New Slovak government sworn in...?

(Slovak) history will remember these times...

t21S5hk.png

On social media, french hospitals are calling for donations: masks, blood pressure instruments, pulse oximeters, surgical gowns, etc...

Yup, that's coming from France. A country lecturing others on how to run things.

Russia, report on today (21 march).
306 total cases (53 new this day), 1 dead, 16 cured.

Still linear progression, that is good. Most (80-90%) of the cases are imported from european countries. Authorities try to monitor all contacts of patients and isolate them quickly. Everybody who returned from abroad must self-quarantine for 14 days. No any major lockdowns or other widespread measures.

There are ~150K tests conducted in Russia. 100K test kits were send to other countries (Iran, some post-Soviet countries and others).

Vaccine researched in "Vector" biological institute (wich is located several kilometers from my neighborhood) is being tested on animals. Expected to be ready in the end of the year.

Last edited:
@Musashi, I still don't get what I personally have to do with this all? :rolleyes:

@Miller
The number of infected people in the Baltic republics is:
Estonia (a country with 1.33 mln people) - 283
Latvia - 111
Lithuania - 63, 14 in the last 24 hours, including 9 who were infected abroad.
Source: https://wiadomosci.gazeta.pl/wiadom...-baltyckich-na-litwie-lotwie-i-w-estonii.html (in Polish)

The total of 357 in the combined population of 5 mln people in these 3 counties comparing to 425 cases in Poland that has a population of 38.5 mln people.

So, the Polish government’s rationale is very clear: you cannot cope with your own mess and the situation in Estonia is just crazy. As most of the infected people caught the virus abroad, Poland is actually doing a great job by protecting you.
Actually, we don't know the exact number of infected people, because to confirm a case we have to do a test. The data shows that Estonians have performed 2163 tests on 1000000 (6.28 times more than Poland), while for my country this number sits at 1669 on 1000000 (4.85 times more than Poland).
Less underreported cases doesn't put us in a dire situation. ;)

The key information is: there are presidential elections in Poland in May and your government’s behaviour is just increasing the current Polish president's chances for winning it. The Polish government WILL NOT step back, as resisting just gives them new voters.
Each country gets politicians it deserves. ;)

Stay healthy, stay safe! (Y)

@Musashi, I still don't get what I personally have to do with this all? :rolleyes:
Nothing personally. I've never claimed that you do. You are the only Estonian, or a person from a Baltic country, who is active in this topic.
I just wanted to point out that what the Estonian government and the press are doing is totally counterproductive and will worsen the things. The Polish ambassador in Tallinn said he's working on a positive solution.

Actually, we don't know the exact number of infected people, because to confirm a case we have to do a test. The data shows that Estonians have performed 2163 tests on 1000000 (6.28 times more than Poland), while for my country this number sits at 1669 on 1000000 (4.85 times more than Poland).
Less underreported cases doesn't put us in a dire situation. ;)
Yes, you are totally right. For the same reason, Norway who has a much smaller population comparing to Poland, has also a bigger number of infected people.
Each country gets politicians it deserves. ;)
As I said numerous times, I'm not the current Polish government's fan.
Stay healthy, stay safe! (Y)
Thank you. I wish you the same.

Last edited:
New Slovak government sworn in...?

(Slovak) history will remember these times...

t21S5hk.png
There are better photos on Instagram. A good colour matching (your post and my post):
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Last edited:
ROMANIA - New 59 Cases Of Coronavirus In Romania, Overall 367 Infected. 52 Cured, 14 At Intensive Care. Woman Infected With COVID-19 Goes Into Cardiac Arrest In Suceava
https://www.romaniajournal.ro/socie...covid-19-goes-into-cardiac-arrest-in-suceava/

Other Two Romanians Die Of Coronavirus In Italy

https://www.romaniajournal.ro/society-people/other-two-romanians-die-of-coronavirus-in-italy/

Romanian site targeted for spreading fake news about coronavirus situation closes
https://www.romania-insider.com/website-fake-news-coronavirus-closes

Slovakia got masks from China as well as medical supplies...we had sent stuff early february, and the Chinese have honoured a sort of IOU.

Anyway, Zuza is an überpro with her colour matching and her profile photo on Instagram where she wears the face-mask.

She reminds me of Patton wearing his helmet at all times.