Politics The Biden thread

The Guatemalan caravan basically run the old gauntlet. They go up the middle of the road while the border security line the sides and wacks them with batons.

I’m no fan of President Biden, but it would be absolutely moronic to open comments for Presidentail Office official press briefings.

PR101

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Note how they have shut down the comment section ... So much for transparency or the willingness to allow other peoples opinions .

Comment sections disappeared on many western MSM websites since a few years ago.
I remember in the past one could troll everywhere. Now one can troll almost nowhere. And in some cases, you're even forced to pay money to be allowed to read articles you're not allowed to disagree with. It's a continuous slide down that direction

I’m no fan of President Biden, but it would be absolutely moronic to open comments for Presidentail Office official press briefings.

PR101
Did he sing 'O'er the land of the free and the home of sensor ship' :rolleyes:

Note how they have shut down the comment section ... So much for transparency or the willingness to allow other peoples opinions .
She not going to look so fresh in 6 months.....

Why did the president wish everyone Merry Christmas in September?

Why is Kamil buying so many AA batteries?

Does the army really need Woke rations?

1. It appears to me that the general inclination in the US is to give the president 2 terms, as any transition of the administration implies potential shake-ups, and people by large always prefer stability over shocks.

General inclination(of Putin's head) in Ruskia is to give the president as many damn terms as he wants!![/QUOTE]

PR101

The press ushered out like children . To be seen and not heard.
Will be interesting to see how long they'll pretend to like that treatment.

1611260623648.png

Now it seems to be back to 17K dislikes

1611260685540.png

The fight of the thumbs rages on ?

Did he sing 'O'er the land of the free and the home of sensor ship' :rolleyes:

I think most orgs with approximately half their customer base clearly dissatisfied, or even just low double digit %, would also choose to avoid giving those dissatisfied a local beachhead(comments).

I don’t like Biden, but opening comments would be really dumb.

The press ushered out like children . To be seen and not heard.
Will be interesting to see how long they'll pretend to like that treatment.

I think the press will tolerate it for a period, and tolerate it more than they did for Trump.

But the shrinking traditional news media still need to eat.

The news business model is in serious trouble(unless a bottomless pocketed billionaire discovers a philanthropic news hobby).

And boring news doesn’t make money.

So I suspect there will be a growing element of near starving traditional news seeking a billionaire(which leads to conflict of interest), public subsidy(which also leads to conflict of interest), or outrage.

Looks like he has put some Chav in the Oval Office as well (Y)

I wonder if he's going to put up the photo of Hunter with the small yellow dot:rolleyes:

I don't relish saying this, but the UK is in for some rude awakenings as far as their special relationship with the US goes. Biden has voiced his opposition to Brexit and his willingness to undermine the British position, but it goes deeper than that. I think Biden genuinely hates Britain and has voiced that disdain several times by w@anking himself off about his "Irish-Catholic" background and not wanting to talk to the BBC because of that.

Add to that the fact that Boris is a spineless cuck and you have the perfect recipe for relations to take a negative turn.

View attachment 272414

Now it seems to be back to 17K dislikes

View attachment 272415

The fight of the thumbs rages on ?

it will be interesting to see a longer-term analysis of this type of activity on major platforms.

I’m sure something credible will turn up on Hacker News.

Metcalfe’s & Zipf’s Laws both mean that the current major platforms are likely to continue to have monopolistic influence for the foreseeable future.

Even if the major platforms are proven to shape and influence towards the Left, that could still be used by the Left to increase legislative/regulatory influence and control over the same platforms.

I don't relish saying this, but the UK is in for some rude awakenings as far as their special relationship with the US goes. Biden has voiced his opposition to Brexit and his willingness to undermine the British position, but it goes deeper than that. I think Biden genuinely hates Britain and has voiced that disdain several times by w@anking himself off about his "Irish-Catholic" background and not wanting to talk to the BBC because of that.

Add to that the fact that Boris is a spineless cuck and you have the perfect recipe for relations to take a negative turn.

I'm not an expert on the inner workings of the Biden mind, but this interview taken from 1982 doesn't paint a picture of 'Biden hates Britain'. However, I'm also fully aware that time changes many things and back then he probably didn't have to worry about securing 3,627,000,000 Irish-American votes.