Is there a thread on Maddie McCann?

Newtonk

Mi Major
MI.Net Member
The reason I ask is another headline about German police searching a van belonging to "prime suspect" after the girl went missing 17 years ago would have low evidential value given the time lapse, yet for some reason, the case continues. After the tens of thousands of investigation hours out into this, either every cop who ever worked on this in entirely incompetent or there is a conspiracy worthy of a James Bond movie at play here. I'm wondering what the facts are here.

The reason I ask is another headline about German police searching a van belonging to "prime suspect" after the girl went missing 17 years ago would have low evidential value given the time lapse, yet for some reason, the case continues. After the tens of thousands of investigation hours out into this, either every cop who ever worked on this in entirely incompetent or there is a conspiracy worthy of a James Bond movie at play here. I'm wondering what the facts are here.
Some DNA trace can survive years afterwards.

Some DNA trace can survive years afterwards.
Absolutely, but that's the problem, this long after the fact, you're looking for increasingly smaller evidence to prove the case, which raises the prospect of cross contamination as a result. Or other reasonable doubt. Surely, 17 years and nothing to show for it. Plenty of children have been lost in that time, sadly, and none get the same attention as this.