Status
Not open for further replies.

digrar

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Australia
Don't know about you guys, but it's been a pretty S**t year. I kicked it off with a 3 month stint trapped in another state due to covid protocols and finished it off with another 5 month stint trapped interstate with covid protocols. 289 days away from home this year, I normally only do around 175-180.

So time for some Xmas loot!

Santa got in early this year, with some 56V garden gear, a couple of shade sails, a drum of decking oil and an inflatable stand up paddle board...

Don't know about you guys, but it's been a pretty S**t year. I kicked it off with a 3 month stint trapped in another state due to covid protocols and finished it off with another 5 month stint trapped interstate with covid protocols. 289 days away from home this year, I normally only do around 175-180.

So time for some Xmas loot!

Santa got in early this year, with some 56V garden gear, a couple of shade sails, a drum of decking oil and an inflatable stand up paddle board...
Tempted to ask about the decking oil.....

Santa’s timing was off this year, but he did treat me to a used Jaguar I-pace, in may.

5 seats, 0-60mph, or in old money 0-100km/h officially 4.5 seconds, everyone says reality 3.5 seconds.

400hp. 900n/m torque.....

In my defence I have been a very good boy.

After 6 months, I am still saying, omfg......

Does it satisfy, oh yes.......for some reason, the visual Porsche results in a twinge in my right foot, only alleviated when I see them in the rear view mirror.

Well, that’s my confessional...don’t judge me.....

smzNnHz.jpg

Suunto Core.

Had two Vectors that eventually went Kaput changing batteries . This got a steel battery cover instead of special plastic.
Plus a couple of Dickies shirts.

For penance I'll be making the Ham and Pavlova for my wifes Parents, Xmas day. They are both Pastors.

Well to get me out of the Covid blues I bought myself an early Xmas prezzy

DB4DD64A-6182-49E7-B7C5-50ACCD928E5A-huge.webp

A 3 in 1 sheet metal worker for my modest workshop, rolls, bends and cuts sheet steel. Its not the biggest in the range but a good starter me thinks :)
Lets see what else santa brings :)

I would be happy just to have kids and grand kids here but state borders are locked again. Last year it were bushfires and now the virus. Younger son reckons he still will sneak in and out by bush tracks though.

Guys guys guys.

I’ve been fairly spoiled.

A sweater, a beard clipper, five pair of socks (one of them I’m wearing now), Lindt chocolate and a deodorant, along with a fragrance:

Merry Xmas again all!

A £40 garden centre voucher - I will buy something stupid with it
A big glass jar of foam shrimps
make your own gin kit
a face mask/snood thing
very big box of old-fashioned liquorish

None of this is important - what matter is we had a fantastic day with my wife's daughter, granddaughter and her boyfriend

I got the beer making kit mentioned earlier and a cookbook of soups. I'll be using that soonest! Immediate family is here and a great time is being had by all.

And! Santa remembered where Nebraska is! Seller lowered the price of this Swiss sword and threw in a kepi. I'm a sucker for kepis!

Family are still in digestion mode prior to pie being served. Life is good!

pic1a (2).jpg

I bought my family a holiday place in Wanaka, we closed just before Xmas.

Do you know what I got?

Socks and Soap.

I give it a month before all my new good socks are swiped by my boys.

But the soap does make me smell pretty.

In no particular order ....

A wok
Underpants
Salt and pepper shakers
Frying pan
Knife set
Vodka ( black cow )
M and S vouchers

There seems to be a cooking theme running through a number of my gifts but I have to admit the shakers are the pick of the bunch ..... along with the vodka

1608969778535.webp

Made from milk apparently . Always happy to try something different .

Status
Not open for further replies.