Other Post 2020 Xmas loot thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Santa was good to me: Bombay Sapphire Gin, new pajamas, chocolates in fat-stoking abundance, a Leuchtturm 1917 journal. I've found the Leuchtturm the only thing proof against all my fountain pens.

Oh, and a Samsung wireless charger stand - how the hell have I lived without one of these?! No more fiddling with the tiny connectors and their frayed wires!

One gift still on the way: color correcting glasses that theoretically will let me see the world as do those with normal color vision. Should be interesting. I'm hoping for something like in that classic Roddy Piper flick "They Live!".

View attachment 269151

A bottle of Madeira Finish Penderyn (Welsh whisky) and one of Stronachie - there's a theme there somewhere!
The original distillery closed - and the name was revived by Benrinnes distillery who make some superb whiskey - it's a fantastic distillery to look round big white buildings - enjoy

I've no idea how close it is to the original but I was given a bottle of Shackleton a year or two and I'd read that they drunk it (Stronachie) at the dinner where world oil prices were secretly fixed in the 1920s at Achnacarry Castle (site of the WWII Commando Training Centre, hence my interest) so thought I'd try it. Its smokier than I expected for either a Highland (which the original was) or a Speyside (which it actually is). Nice though, I like a bit of peat and smoke in the winter...

I like it.

I’m now a connoisseur and collector of subversive t-shirts.

The ones that are sharp enough to get a chuckle, but without being asked to leave.

I do wear my Super Troopers Johnny Chimpo t-shirt more than my Mother thinks appropriate.

I've no idea how close it is to the original but I was given a bottle of Shackleton a year or two and I'd read that they drunk it (Stronachie) at the dinner where world oil prices were secretly fixed in the 1920s at Achnacarry Castle (site of the WWII Commando Training Centre, hence my interest) so thought I'd try it. Its smokier than I expected for either a Highland (which the original was) or a Speyside (which it actually is). Nice though, I like a bit of peat and smoke in the winter...

I got stitched up at my work ‘do.

I missed it last year due to a late notice short trip to the US.

This year my staff made up for my unexcused absence last year.

I was asked if I wanted a whiskey, I said as long as it’s Laphroaig.

Then a six pack of Laphroaig whiskeys “randomly” showed up in under an hour.

You know what they say, if you don‘t know who the sucker in the room is.....

Uber says I got home at 0420.

Last edited:
Wants list:
1639081992637.png
1639082067164.png
1639082155369.png

oh, and er, world peace.

Yeah..... It's WAAAAYYYY early for me, but my wife bought me something notable.

I can wait though! No worries.

Santa - who lives in Flanders - hit me with a pre-holiday package today. I send his Russian wifey American whisky ("none of that Canadian stuff, please!") & he sends me Belgian suds. Also RR medals and a Razi reichbahn belt buckle for my RR junk collection plus a Verdun medal I think I mentioned earlier. We sent them a big box that should be about there. American "throat sanitizer" for her - T-shirts & stuff for their kids - and a surprise for him relating to "let's go Brandon!" ;):cool:

IMG_0016 (2).JPG

IMG_0026 (2).JPG

IMG_0027 (2).JPG

IMG_0025 (2).JPG

Santa - who lives in Flanders - hit me with a pre-holiday package today. I send his Russian wifey American whisky ("none of that Canadian stuff, please!") & he sends me Belgian suds. Also RR medals and a Razi reichbahn belt buckle for my RR junk collection plus a Verdun medal I think I mentioned earlier. We sent them a big box that should be about there. American "throat sanitizer" for her - T-shirts & stuff for their kids - and a surprise for him relating to "let's go Brandon!" ;):cool:

View attachment 357772

View attachment 357773

View attachment 357774

View attachment 357775
Those Knives .. those are Kitchen blades .. small one is what often called a Office Knife the other a Cook's knife .. first time i've seen one come with that sheath ..

Those Knives .. those are Kitchen blades .. small one is what often called a Office Knife the other a Cook's knife .. first time i've seen one come with that sheath ..
I sharpened both and used the larger one to cut up a turkey before I knew it's a cook's knife... Yep! That's what it is, all right! :D

Status
Not open for further replies.