Politics EU Politics and News

Europe in danger.webp
Belarus Poland border.webp

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

An Iraqi “doctor” hath spoken:

Just a side comment, Poland also shows other countries, that whatever the reason, Poland defends its borders.

This is what I find ironic about all this . We ve had 4 years of " orange man bad " regards the Mexican border but now it's happening on the EU s border all's good , nothing to see here . Migrants described as " weaponised " or as above seen as a " danger " , hosing them down with cold water in freezing temperatures etc etc .
The hypocrisy is off the scale ......

Meanwhile in the Brussels fantasy world

I'm going to say this whole migrant crisis plus anything else that goes against the EU will be pinned on Russia and used as a bogey man to coerce more power from member states .

Well the southern migrant route used to be the hotbed for trafficking.
Now that "fascist / literally Hitler" Orban built a fence and enforced the border there seems to be little or no humanitarian catastrophe on the Hungarian border?

This is what I find ironic about all this . We ve had 4 years of " orange man bad " regards the Mexican border but now it's happening on the EU s border all's good , nothing to see here . Migrants described as " weaponised " or as above seen as a " danger " , hosing them down with cold water in freezing temperatures etc etc .
The hypocrisy is off the scale ......

Meanwhile in the Brussels fantasy world

I'm going to say this whole migrant crisis plus anything else that goes against the EU will be pinned on Russia and used as a bogey man to coerce more power from member states .

Well I do differenciate from the crisises that can take place in Spanish enclaves in North Africa, EU borders with Turkey, the south Med or the US-Mexico border. These borders are directly in contact with failed states or states that hold large quantities of refugees. Turkey is the first place you get if you escape Syria. Mexico is the continuation (and part of) the extremely violent Central american states.

Belarus was out of any migration route. Noone would have ever thought of going through Belarus until magically, Belavia started flying direct to Baghdad and Beirut among other destinations. This would not have happened if some travel agencies had not suddenly started to sell "package deals" to Belarus from Irak and Lebanon.

I am convinced that this was organized by Belarus goons with Russian consent. And mayne logistical help from Turkey to find in the lot some real trouble makers.

Well the southern migrant route used to be the hotbed for trafficking.
Now that "fascist / literally Hitler" Orban built a fence and enforced the border there seems to be little or no humanitarian catastrophe on the Hungarian border?

Yep , they ve kind of used Orban to secure the border then once that's done try and take him down politically . They ll do the same with polish leaders . Personally if I were Poland I'd bus the migrants straight through to Germany just for giggles . Stir the EU hornet's nest as it were .

Well I do differenciate from the crisises that can take place in Spanish enclaves in North Africa, EU borders with Turkey, the south Med or the US-Mexico border. These borders are directly in contact with failed states or states that hold large quantities of refugees. Turkey is the first place you get if you escape Syria. Mexico is the continuation (and part of) the extremely violent Central american states.

Belarus was out of any migration route. Noone would have ever thought of going through Belarus until magically, Belavia started flying direct to Baghdad and Beirut among other destinations. This would not have happened if some travel agencies had not suddenly started to sell "package deals" to Belarus from Irak and Lebanon.

I am convinced that this was organized by Belarus goons with Russian consent. And mayne logistical help from Turkey to find in the lot some real trouble makers.

Dosent matter . A refugee is a refugee . Once you start classing them as weaponised by Putin then they become second class and open to abuses . Some of the migrants are from Syria ? The EU has sanctions on Syria plus a near decade of hybrid warfare aimed at Syria from the west . Maybe the EU needs to start looking at its own behaviours before writing off these migrants as expendable .

Yep , they ve kind of used Orban to secure the border then once that's done try and take him down politically . They ll do the same with polish leaders . Personally if I were Poland I'd bus the migrants straight through to Germany just for giggles . Stir the EU hornet's nest as it were .
I'm sure that has been discussed with Germany, and we see the result. Doesnt seem to be much criticism coming from EU politicians about letting these people in, or sharing them out. Nor much about Poland sealing off the area.

How long that can continue I dont know, BBC as usual focuses on the poor children, but I'm a bit sceptical given these people had the money to pay for flights. Stay near home and open a shop, or buy a car and Uber it. Its not really about these 25,000 if we let these in by January 100,000 will be there.

If we need workers, open a work permit route and target refugees, I bet some have good skills, better than just recruiting random bodies from some other ragtag country.

Dosent matter . A refugee is a refugee . Once you start classing them as weaponised by Putin then they become second class and open to abuses . Some of the migrants are from Syria ? The EU has sanctions on Syria plus a near decade of hybrid warfare aimed at Syria from the west . Maybe the EU needs to start looking at its own behaviours before writing off these migrants as expendable .

Only people abusing them are the Belarussians. Some migrant said on French TV they were forced to proceed to the Polish border. Unfortunately too many "generous souls" think it´s a good idea to let them in only to relieve their suffering. But as @Fluff said, that will only lead to increased numbers...and suffering.

Just a side comment, Poland also shows other countries, that whatever the reason, Poland defends its borders.
Take note, UK Government - it can be done if there is a will to do it for your country and your people

Problem with that is they don't stay in Germany and end up on our shores

I'm sure that has been discussed with Germany, and we see the result. Doesnt seem to be much criticism coming from EU politicians about letting these people in, or sharing them out. Nor much about Poland sealing off the area.

How long that can continue I dont know, BBC as usual focuses on the poor children, but I'm a bit sceptical given these people had the money to pay for flights. Stay near home and open a shop, or buy a car and Uber it. Its not really about these 25,000 if we let these in by January 100,000 will be there.

If we need workers, open a work permit route and target refugees, I bet some have good skills, better than just recruiting random bodies from some other ragtag country.
BBC just needs to be shut down - why am I paying a licence for that bunch of idiots

They spent the first 10 minutes of the main news last night on some two bit cricketer giving his version of events - without any of the people he was accusing being able to rebuff any of his statements - if he was so distraught about his treatment, why did he not resign from his job or go and play somewhere else - so he was quite happy to take their money and then look for some compo afterwards

On a day when important things such as the crisis on the Polish Border is happening - some Muslim bomber with mental health issues has tried to blow up women and babies in a hospital - parliament has voted down looking at the increase of state pension (which got no mention) - and 1,000's of people arriving by boat

BBC not fit for purpose - just some mouthpiece for green agenda and apologists - and I am also sick to death of the BBC trying to find any vehicle to put that ex woman footballer into to keep her on screen - I am surprised they have not asked her to read the news as well

The bigger picture here is that Russia may be using this as a diversion to give Ukraine a bloody nose, or more.

Europe and the U.S. are very unfocused right now. NATO/EU states began rearming too little too late. How a coalition of 1 billion people can be so troubled by a nation that contains scarcely 115 million ethnic Russians will become a case study in how to squander a vast numerical, educational, military, economic and scientific superiority.

and then we have Belarus, a forested backwater of 9 million, my god...

NATO should put 250,000 troops on the border. That would shut Lukashenko up. Oh, wait. They don't have them "available".

The bigger picture here is that Russia may be using this as a diversion to give Ukraine a bloody nose, or more.

Europe and the U.S. are very unfocused right now. NATO/EU states began rearming too little too late. How a coalition of 1 billion people can be so troubled by a nation that contains scarcely 115 million ethnic Russians will become a case study in how to squander a vast numerical, educational, military, economic and scientific superiority.

and then we have Belarus, a forested backwater of 9 million, my god...

NATO should put 250,000 troops on the border. That would shut Lukashenko up. Oh, wait. They don't have them "available".
The problems will start when the Ruskis start to believe their own propaganda and push a little too hard

The only thing that keeps them at the top table is their nukes - take those away and the rest is a little rusty or just 'paper' planes