Politics The Biden thread

Predictable fear of dem cost cutting the military budget does have truth.

Mean while remember all those Dems happily accused Trump of putting kids in cages .. guess what .

Normal service resumes under Biden .. just like when Obama did it ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Where is the Justice ??

Timeline of Corruption...

Yeah, you know, a new era of decency, leadership, charisma, and all that. ?

More details on Burisma...

Let me get this straight...you argue in favour of continued engagement, in stead of lauding Biden for withdrawing US support for Saudi war crimes?

Ya'll should least get consistent with your anti-Biden shtick.

I'm Southern, so I appreciate the colloquial ya'll, but I am no boot licker. So you are assuming that SA will stop interactions with Yemen now that we suspend support for them? But I digress, will the Houthis help the people of Yemen now that biden states that he will stop support?

I'm Southern, so I appreciate the colloquial ya'll, but I am no boot licker. So you are assuming that SA will stop interactions with Yemen now that we suspend support for them? But I digress, will the Houthis help the people of Yemen now that biden states that he will stop support?

I fail to see how all this should be relevant.

Even if the Saudis aren't going to suddenly cancel their failed adventure in Yemen, I can't possibly see why an endless continuation of hostilities in an impoverished area of the world should keep the Americans hostage to foreign quarrels.

This is what you many of you Americans apparently don't understand. There are those in the Middle East that have a vested interest in keeping the US involved in local disputes at the behest of their own interests. They sell these disputes as relevant to US interests, but they are in essence nothing more than free riders that are either too incompetent or unwilling to do the heavy lifting themselves.

Don't you agree that it is time for the US to carefully review many of its foreign interventions and involvements, on the basis of how it benefits its own citizens, in stead of keep getting involved in conflicts with questionable national security interests at play?

Last edited:
When they care more of cancelling Student Debt than dealing with saving jobs , sorting the Homeless issue ..

Even if the Saudis aren't going to suddenly cancel their failed adventure in Yemen, I can't possibly see why an endless continuation of hostilities in an impoverished area of the world should keep the Americans hostage to foreign quarrels.

This is what you many of you Americans apparently don't understand. There are those in the Middle East that have a vested interest in keeping the US involved in local disputes at the behest of their own interests. They sell these disputes as relevant to US interests, but they are in essence nothing more than free riders that are either too incompetent or unable to do the heavy lifting themselves.

Don't you agree that it is time for the US to carefully review many of its foreign interventions and involvements, on the basis of how it benefits its own citizens, in stead of keep getting involved in conflicts with questionable national security interests at play?

You ignore the fact that it's a Power struggle between 2 Religious factions KSA Sunni and Shia IRAN ... what channel you been watching for the past 20 years on French TV ..

There is your Biden's Unity right there ... When the Jerry Naebaws Nadler Point blank refuse to pledge alligance to the Flag ,,

You ignore the fact that it's a Power struggle between 2 Religious factions KSA Sunni and Shia IRAN ... what channel you been watching for the past 20 years on French TV ..

How is this relevant to what I've said?

And religion only appears to be central in the power struggle between Saudi and Iran, but its appearance is nothing more than a misperception.

Ah yes, Jerry "antifa is a myth" Naddler.

This is what you many of you Americans apparently don't understand. There are those in the Middle East that have a vested interest in keeping the US involved in local disputes at the behest of their own interests. They sell these disputes as relevant to US interests, but they are in essence nothing more than free riders that are either too incompetent or unwilling to do the heavy lifting themselves.

The Middle East comprises 2/3 of Worlds hydrocarbon reserves. You are very naive thinking Americans will leave any time soon...

The Middle East comprises 2/3 of Worlds hydrocarbon reserves. You are very naive thinking Americans will leave any time soon...

I'm not naive.

The US is getting increasingly independent on foreign sources of energy, and this trend will continue in the foreseeable future.

In fact, the likelihood of the US leaving the Middle East - meaning that it becomes less engaged - is already quietly happening, which has left US' partners in the region understandably worried. The US has to prioritise and strategise in light of its upcoming (or current) global power struggle with China, and the Middle East simply holds less importance in light of this. Not in the least because this region has been nothing more than a quack mire.

@Yevgeny

You might want to read the following article. Whenever trying to assess foreign policy priorities of states, always closely watch movements within relevant institutions.

White House shifts from Middle East quagmires to a showdown with China

Joe Biden is pivoting to Asia. Just don’t expect him to say so explicitly.

National security adviser Jake Sullivan has restructured the National Security staff in the Middle East and Asia directorates — downsizing the team devoted to the Middle East and bulking up the unit that coordinates U.S. policy toward the vast region of the world stretching from the Indian Ocean to the Pacific.

The move, which has not been previously reported, is the latest sign that the new administration will prioritize Asia in its foreign policy initiatives. It reflects China’s rapid rise over the last two decades, and the growing concerns among officials and lawmakers across parties about how Beijing’s authoritarian leaders are wielding their newfound muscle.

Under the new structure, Indo-Pacific coordinator Kurt Campbell’s domain is growing, while the directorate overseen by Middle East coordinator Brett McGurk will be more limited, several current and former officials said.

The changes essentially flip the structure of the Obama-era NSC, where the Middle East directorate was much bigger than it is now and the Asia portfolio was managed by a handful of more junior staffers. Obama’s second term featured an onslaught of national security threats and priorities emanating from the Middle East, from the Islamic State and the Iran nuclear deal to the Libyan and Syrian conflicts and the resulting migration crisis in Europe.

But Biden and his team now believe the biggest security challenges will emerge from the so-called great power competition between the U.S., China and Russia, current and former national security officials say, and are shifting their resources accordingly.

The US is getting increasingly independent on foreign sources of energy, and this trend will continue in the foreseeable future.

The US was (operative word being WAS) over 95% energy independent of the Middle East thanks to Fracking - only lacking some high quality crudes which were imported from Saudi. However thanks to Biden's executive orders slowing that down, you can expect a nice return to the Syria's and Libya's of his former boss Obama.