Politics The Biden thread

I'm not naive.
Fine.
The US is getting increasingly independent on foreign sources of energy, and this trend will continue in the foreseeable future.
I never said US is dependent on Middle Eastern oil in terms of consumption. Its more about controling and selling it to other countries.
In fact, the likelihood of the US leaving the Middle East - meaning that it becomes less engaged - is already quietly happening, which has left US' partners in the region understandably worried.
Can you give examples? Where exactly they decreased or going to decrease their military presense? Iraq? Syria? Afghanistan?
The US has to prioritise and strategise in light of its upcoming (or current) global power struggle with China, and the Middle East simply holds less importance in light of this. Not in the least because this region has been nothing more than a quack mire.
So where do you think East Asia including China are getting most of their oil and natural gas from?

Last edited:
I heard. They won't negotiate with Taliban...

Last edited:
The US was (operative word being WAS) over 95% energy independent of the Middle East thanks to Fracking - only lacking some high quality crudes which were imported from Saudi. However thanks to Biden's executive orders slowing that down, you can expect a nice return to the Syria's and Libya's of his former boss Obama.

I'm guessing Biden has to maintain a delicate balance between energy independence and environmental/climate change concerns.

I don't believe a potential less energy independent US is going to maintain its aggressive posture in the Middle East. There are still other ways to achieve energy security without getting sucked in middle eastern power struggles.

The world has changed and China is simply going to hold most of the US' attention from now on (at the expense of the middle east).

Trump had negotiated to pull all US troops of of A'stain by May this year. That has been rescinded of course.

Afghanistan is deceptively being sold as a counter-terrorism campaign, while in reality the US realizes that a continued presence in the country is essential for its broader Central-Asia strategy. Giving up Afghanistan means giving up footprint in a region with strong Russian influence (although waning) + increased Chinese economic activity (see its New Silk Road Initiative).

YcKECzirCXez8ZXbgxKoSPvqwVMH7yYLJ47qFzpFDA0.jpg

Last edited:
I very much doubt that either China or Russia (for a second time) can be any more successful than all the other attempts to use A'stain as a footprint - whether British, Soviet, Pakistani, US or others.

I very much doubt that either China or Russia (for a second time) can be any more successful than all the other attempts to use A'stain as a footprint - whether British, Soviet, Pakistani, US or others.

The old adage of never get involved in a land war in Asia still rings true.

But I'm guessing the US is going to maintain some kind of a military presence to prop up the Afghan central government (through which it holds influence). Whether this strategy is doomed to fail...I don't know, but the US isn't going to easily give up its Afghan footprint.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I never said US is dependent on Middle Eastern oil in terms of consumption. Its more about controling and selling it to other countries.

The US is doing a lousy job then. Its so-called regional partners like Saudi have China as its largest export market while Iraq is concluding deals with Chinese oil companies left and right.

I think the biggest misperception is that the US is intervening in the Middle East for reasons of oil. Such energy resources might have given importance to the region for the US, but has never been direct reason for its military adventures.

So where do you think East Asia including China are getting most of their oil and natural gas from?

Notice how China is friends with all relevant actors in the region, and has diplomacy and economic activity at its central pillar of its Middle Eastern strategy.

The US is doing a lousy job then. Its so-called regional partners like Saudi have China as its largest export market while Iraq is concluding deals with Chinese oil companies left and right.
Can you elaborate on this?
I think the biggest misperception is that the US is intervening in the Middle East for reasons of oil. Such energy resources might have given importance to the region for the US, but has never been direct reason for its military adventures.
Whatever...
Notice how China is friends with all relevant actors in the region, and has diplomacy and economic activity at its central pillar of its Middle Eastern strategy.
Can you elaborate on this as well?

Please. :)

Good night then. ?

Last edited:
04:39 PM in Los Angeles
07:39 PM in New York
12:39 AM in London
04:39 AM in Moscow
08:39 AM in Hong Kong
11:39 AM in Sydney

Be the first to know...

Changing the name of Dianne Feinstein Elementary school, named for the Democratic senator and former mayor of San Francisco, has raised eyebrows. The trailblazing 87-year old’s star has dimmed in recent years with dismayed liberals joining calls for her retirement last year after she embraced Republican Sen. Lindsey Graham at the end of heated confirmation hearings for U.S. Supreme Court Judge Amy Coney Barrett.

The committee that selected the names included Feinstein on the list because as mayor in 1984 she replaced a vandalized Confederate flag that was part of a long-standing flag display in front of City Hall. When the flag was pulled down a second time, she did not replace it.

Gotta love the cancel culture.
The unity.
The leadership.
The rule of law.
The decency.

And all that.

I wish Telmar was still around, I would really want to know how he would rationalize all that.

Will Biden claim it to be his success?

Will Biden claim it to be his success?

Did you not see the video of her casting the vote ...

Gold ......

This is where the next grift is. The high money mix of politically approved contractors, billions, Biden expertise in solar panels..

Last edited: