Politics The 2020 American Presidential Election

Status
Not open for further replies.
Schiff has proposed a 20k pages long Patriot Act 2.0.

Which would, in effect, be the third Patriot Act.

The second being the that got established after 9/11.

The first one was introduced in 1995 by, surprise surprise (I'm Lando in disguise!), Joe Biden.
Does this include 15,000 pages on not being able to criticize Biden or his son on any sort of media :rolleyes:

Schiff has proposed a 20k pages long Patriot Act 2.0.

Which would, in effect, be the third Patriot Act.

The second being the that got established after 9/11.

The first one was introduced in 1995 by, surprise surprise (I'm Lando in disguise!), Joe Biden.

Having a political act on paper is well and fine, but my concern remains an *effective* security force actually on site to deal with another invasion that could well burn the place to the ground. So does the Capitol need to be an armed camp? At present, I haven't a strong argument against that.

Having a political act on paper is well and fine, but my concern remains an *effective* security force actually on site to deal with another invasion that could well burn the place to the ground. So does the Capitol need to be an armed camp? At present, I haven't a strong argument against that.
If they had burnt down Capitol Hill and killed everyone - then your government would still function

White House is more symbolic - and if someone killed the President and vice President then there would probably be a bit more chaos

You would only find out if someone actually carried it out - until then any discussion is subjective

I think the question is, are you prepared to accept several hundred fatalities? The site could have been kept secure last week, but only at this cost, and then perhaps the attackers go back to their trucks and bring their guns to the party....

I'm sure if a APC turns up on the front lawn, that the secret service can destroy it, same for a helicopter or a plane. As always its the wisdom of doing so, versus the actual threat, look at the guy who flew a Cessna into Russia.

I imagine some more robust forms of control are being looked at.

I think you're wrong.

I think you live in Germany. #orangemanbad sums it up for anyone with a sense of decency. If you're an American and you're still for Trump, after the Georgia phone call and the riot he incited, you're basically a dog that keeps crapping on the carpet and you need to get your nose rubbed in it, then I'm gonna need an apology for putting the country thru this mess. 10 days to go, it's a little late to get into the weeds on policy, the fat orange anus needs to spare everyone more bs and resign.

unfunny memes.

I post a lot of pictures for visual effect but II literally have only posted 2 memes in here and they both made me laugh. You're entitled to your own opinion but you don't strike me as the arbiter of funny.

Just realized Chazman is missing. He was all in on the fraud story, can anyone reach out to him I fear he may be in Federal lockup.

If I may intrude into the "lively debate" for a moment, I do have something that's been bothering me concerning
the Capitol mess... lack of security. The whole world has seen it was relatively easy for the White House to be invaded
and how minimal was security's response.

Could terrorist groups be planning a repeat at this very minute? There are any number of disaffected people who would
gladly be useful idiots for them and storm the place to much worse effect than was just done.

Sure, the inauguration will be heavily guarded, but what about long term? I'm no fan of Creepy Joe at all, but he needs to be very concerned.

This is as close as I've seen to a "minute by minute" account - https://www.washingtonpost.com/poli...ad3274-5283-11eb-bda4-615aaefd0555_story.html

Makes for sobering reading.

I think you live in Germany. #orangemanbad sums it up for anyone with a sense of decency. If you're an American and you're still for Trump, after the Georgia phone call and the riot he incited, you're basically a dog that keeps crapping on the carpet and you need to get your nose rubbed in it, then I'm gonna need an apology for putting the country thru this mess. 10 days to go, it's a little late to get into the weeds on policy, the fat orange anus needs to spare everyone more bs and resign.

Try the decaf every once in a while, mate.

2 Capitol police officers suspended over pro-Trump riot, congressman says

Two U.S. Capitol Police officers were suspended and at least 10 more are under investigation over the deadly pro-Trump insurrection last week, a congressman said Monday.

Rep. Tim Ryan, D-Ohio, who chairs one of the committees that oversees the federal law enforcement agency, told reporters that one of the officers was suspended immediately for appearing to take a selfie with members of the mob.

Another officer was suspended after he was seen with a Make American Great Again hat on and directing people inside the building, Ryan said.

Second police officer has died as a result of the riots:

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love it when the authorities label half of the country's population as "domestic terrorists".
That ended well for Ukraine. But really at this point, I wonder if anyone in the establishment has any balls left to recognize that the society is at war with itself (all layers of society included), and that "domestic terrorism" other than being a heinously inaccurate and dangerous way to describe the situation, should be the least of their concerns at this point.

Last edited:
half of the country's population as "domestic terrorists".
That ended well for Ukraine. But really at this point, I wonder if anyone in the establishment has any balls left to recognize that the society is at war with itself (all layers of society included), and that "domestic terrorism" other than being a heinously inaccurate and dangerous way to describe the situation, should be the least of their
True... but so far the cull in the Turkish armed forces of gulenists has proven OK? I think the US will be more extreme though, it is a coordinated culling speech, funding and refusing to do business with people. It's coordinated acros public and private, similar to the support pouring out of mosques to support Erdogan when needed. It's being lapped up up by lefties which means there's plenty appetite for more.
Maybe conservatives should wear something on their clothes to differentiate them.
Merkel has questioned silencing Trump. Navalny has questioned silencing him....still lefties are asking who are *they* to question it.

Meh... humanity. Khmer Rouge one day and the Sistine Chapel the next. But in general as thick as pig S**t

Last edited:
I love it when the authorities label half of the country's population as "domestic terrorists".
That ended well for Ukraine. But really at this point, I wonder if anyone in the establishment has any balls left to recognize that the society is at war with itself (all layers of society included), and that "domestic terrorism" other than being a heinously inaccurate and dangerous way to describe the situation, should be the least of their concerns at this point.

Hyperbolic.

Let's agree for the sake of discussion that by domestic terrorists they mean 75 million of Trump voters (which they likely don't). That doesn't nearly account for half of the country's population.

It is much likelier though that they refer to the fringe and militant groups that have recently manifested themselves; those that do not shy away from using violence for political purposes. Groups that have managed to recruit thousands of members from the military and law enforcement agencies and are increasingly willing to undertake bold steps in support of demagogues like Trump.

State of emergency declared in DC by Trump:

Hyperbolic.

Let's agree for the sake of discussion that by domestic terrorists they mean 75 million of Trump voters (which they likely don't). That doesn't nearly account for half of the country's population.

It is much likelier though that they refer to the fringe and militant groups that have recently manifested themselves; those that do not shy away from using violence for political purposes. Groups that have managed to recruit thousands of members from the military and law enforcement agencies and are increasingly willing to undertake bold steps in support of demagogues like Trump.

So basically what I said, they're claiming half of the (politically active) country in all layers of society are "terrorists".
I honestly don't care how hard you will try to nitpick my statement, or how exhaustive is your dictionary of "bad words" you want to use against Trump or his supporters. This won't change the fact that the establishment is waging war against its own people, and it will only all end in tears for everyone.

So basically what I said, they're claiming half of the (politically active) country in all layers of society are "terrorists".
I honestly don't care how hard you will try to nitpick my statement, or how exhaustive is your dictionary of "bad words" you want to use against Trump or his supporters. This won't change the fact that the establishment is waging war against its own people, and it will only all end in tears for everyone.

Basically nothing like what you've said.

The problems with the likes of you is the instant self-victimization, by fallacious means, in order to score points in the echo-chamber.

Basically nothing like what you've said.

The problems with the likes of you is the instant self-victimization, by fallacious means, in order to score points in the echo-chamber.

Yeah, whatever man. Like I already said earlier on here somewhere - only a grave can cure the humpbacked.

And when it comes to Freedom of Speech . Companies ganging up on Parler imo is a down right disgrace ..

What on earth have those Companies got to be so fearful about .. to act in such a way . There actions is no any better to some Leaders that would happily make you vanish , torture you etc ,,, Just because you voiced an opinion ..

Saddest thing of all is Justice for all stopped the day Trump won .. because people in those agencies and in Goverment posts simply worked against him ..
And his Sons a Pair of gutless wonders ... they are more than happy to talk the talk .. but never square goes those who have continually spouted BS .. about there Father ...
Any real Fathers son/s would defnd there father's honour by going .. after those who talked porkies ... you would batter them ,,,,

Status
Not open for further replies.