Movie / TV Dune 2020

IDF_TANKER

Mi Colonel
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Finally photos from the new 2020 Dune movie:
https://collider.com/dune-movie-2020-images-hd/
https://www.vanityfair.com/hollywoo...look-at-timothee-chalamet-zendaya-oscar-isaac
https://www.imdb.com/title/tt1160419/mediaindex

dune-timothee-chalamet-1-scaled.jpg

Paul

0520-Dune-Tout-Lede-a.jpg

Paul and Jessica
0520-Dune-Ebmed-06.jpg

Liet Kynes

0520-Dune-Ebmed-05.jpg

Duncan Idaho

0520-Dune-Ebmed-04c.jpg

Duke and Gurney Halleck

0520-Dune-Ebmed-04b.jpg

Jessica

0520-Dune-Ebmed-03.jpg

Stillgar

0520-Dune-Ebmed-02.jpg

0520-Dune-Ebmed-01.jpg

MV5BYjhjZjIxN2YtZjcxMy00ZGI1LTliZTItZjNjNjNlNGU3ZDUyXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyMTA2MzA0ODM0._V1_.jpg

Chani

MV5BYTk2ODNkMTgtMzg4My00YTY1LTg4MDEtZWY5ZDBiYzA5NzdmXkEyXkFqcGdeQXVyNTQxOTM1NTc@._V1_.jpg

Dr. Yueh

The cast and the costume design looks awesome! Although, I'm not sure why they made the character of Liet Kynes female... but OK, I guess.
So effin' excited.

Last edited:
So basically Liet Kynes is no longer the father of Chani!?

So basically Liet Kynes is no longer the father of Chani!?

Was he? I don't even remember... A mother then?
It was strange to me at first, but I'm fine with this change. I basically agree with this guy:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Heart plug is a Lynchian wierdness only in the 1984 movie, if I remember right.... so "non-canon" in my mind! ;-

In the book, I remember the Harkonnen's using a two-part poison that required their servants (key underlings) to obtain an antidote from their master on a periodic basis, otherwise succumbing to a previously administered (and apparently permanent lethal) poison.

Heart plug is more flashy/ghoulish/hyperbolic.....

Last edited:
These suits look a bit "cheap".

The 1984 movie had some really nice ones.

We’ll see. The armor though looks totally badass. Conceptually very different from the force shields in the book, I’m curious how they adapted this in the movie.

Curious if there will finally be a "serious" take on this story, instead of all the camp and C-movie quality from before. This book deserves LOTR-level treatment

These suits look a bit "cheap".

The 1984 movie had some really nice ones.

IIRC from the original book, there were substantially different quality stillsuits differentiated by wealth and/or experience?

Maybe that’s at play here?

Curious if there will finally be a "serious" take on this story, instead of all the camp and C-movie quality from before. This book deserves LOTR-level treatment

In Denis Villeneuve we trust...

IIRC from the original book, there were substantially different quality stillsuits differentiated by wealth and/or experience?

Maybe that’s at play here?

According to the book, there were several makers of the suits, but only those made by Freemen where considered the "real stuff". I think Liet Kynes says something along those line at some point...

The stilsuits look Fremen in my mind, but the armor does not look like I'd imagine Atreides troopers to wear..... Ya feel me?

A fan made poster:

Back