Other Post The Euro championship 2020/2021

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
Because of the pandemic, the European championship was delayed to this year and is taking place in many different European countries and cities/stadiums.

For those interested, here’s the calendar/fixtures over at Eurosport. Starting in less than a week:

This is the place to discuss it, figured this would require a thread of its own, instead of putting it in the random sport news thread.

No bets from me, France has on paper a solid squad, but Belgium and England could be serious challenger to the frenchies. The German Mannshaft based on their last World Cup are in no position to be considered serious contender.

Because of the pandemic, the European championship was delayed to this year and is taking place in many different European countries and cities/stadiums.

For those interested, here’s the calendar/fixtures over at Eurosport. Starting in less than a week:

This is the place to discuss it, figured this would require a thread of its own, instead of putting it in the random sport news thread.

No bets from me, France has on paper a solid squad, but Belgium and Britain could be serious challenger to the frenchies. The German Mannshaft based on their last World Cup are in no position to be considered serious contender.
Is France playing in white again? Or was that a different 'game'

England managed to pick out of form players and taken a couple of injured ones as well - so nothing new there - as long as they beat Jockland then I will be happy

I’ll root for the Welsh against England.

Press 1 for Welsh, press 2 for English. They do have priorities over in Cardiff. :D

As for Jockland, dunno what they’re made of frankly.

Anyways. Kane is a great player, and has no ego to speak of unlike the former “star” of England: Rooney.

I'm not much for football but noticed the Tour will be this month due to football rescheduling. I always watch the Tour if a station here picks it up.

I'm not much for football but noticed the Tour will be this month due to football rescheduling. I always watch the Tour if a station here picks it up.

Isn’t the Tour aired on ESPN?

^ Probably, but I didn't get a sports package when I signed up for the current cable TV plan. It has aired on a non-sports channel the last few years, and I hope that will continue this year.

The match between Finland and Sweden has been suspended after Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch, requiring resuscitation procedures. He's now reportedly in stable condition. Quite upsetting to watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A speedy recovery to him. Kudos to the teams and the fans for reacting appropriatedly.

Glad that he’s doing better, stable and apparently awaken at the hospital.

Tonight Russia - Belgium. As I said, Belgium have a great squad and looking forward this one in a few now.

The match between Finland and Sweden has been suspended after Danish midfielder Christian Eriksen collapsed on the pitch, requiring resuscitation procedures. He's now reportedly in stable condition. Quite upsetting to watch.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

A speedy recovery to him. Kudos to the teams and the fans for reacting appropriatedly.
Someone's received a copyright strike, or so it would seem.

Oranje - Ukraine at the moment.

Both team play well and the Ukrainians are a pleasant surprise. The Dutch are better but their opponent aren’t ridiculous at all. Still 0-0.

@Mike1976 @Skyline Drive

Oranje - Ukraine at the moment.

Both team play well and the Ukrainians are a pleasant surprise. The Dutch are better but their opponent aren’t ridiculous at all. Still 0-0.

@Mike1976 @Skyline Drive
I thought we played poorly mainly due to four players that shouldn't have been on the pitch, or shouldn't have come on. We essentially played with six defenders + the GK and still conceded two goals + far too many chances.

(Van Aanholt, de Roon, Aké, Wijndal)

I hate to be a nit picker…. But we haven’t been a province of the Netherlands for quite a while. ?
Just wait until 2028 when UEFA expands the tournament to 50 countries so that everyone can qualify ;)

At the same point the Euros will welcome Argentina and Brazil as participants that don't need to go through qualification because MONEY!

At the same point the Euros will welcome Argentina and Brazil as participants that don't need to go through qualification because MONEY!

The FIFA and UEFA are both a corrupt joke (clue? Guess where the next World Cup takes place…).

I don’t even follow regular football leagues, but I will admit that the WC or this year the Euro always reignites my interest for this sport for a month.

The FIFA and UEFA are both a corrupt joke (clue? Guess where the next World Cup takes place…).

I don’t even follow regular football leagues, but I will admit that the WC or this year the Euro always reignites my interest for this sport for a month.
I couldn't care less about commercial football either.

Dang this Spain - Sweden game is so far more boring than a week of lockdown in the countryside without Internet. The Swedes are basically bunkering down but have barely the great counter attacker to make up for it.

Dang this Spain - Sweden game is so far more boring than a week of lockdown in the countryside without Internet. The Swedes are basically bunkering down but have barely the great counter attacker to make up for it.
The first twenty minutes were good, the rest ...

Yeah, plus those Spaniards attackers/strikers are in need of a dog and a stick at this point.

Back