Other Post The Euro championship 2020/2021

I was just looking to get a rise out of you, successfully it would seem ?. We all know that Germany's hipsters concentrate in Berlin and Hamburg. Although Fish&Chips is on to something with Munich there. I guess one city with plenty of hipsters can't tarnish the entire state....if we decide to be charitable that is.
I lived in Munich for 6 months, in the 00's, after many weeks of dining out, we eventually found the Argentinian steak restaurant served vegetables, admittedly from a tin, but it was that or nothing. So I've no idea what Hitler was living on.

Will the English fans laser strike the pilot of the Danes' flight home, too? ?
Yeah, that was a bone bit of behaviour and just gives even more ammo to the ABE brigades.

Problem is that our version of pricks are incapable of stitching together the elements of a cause-effect set of events. The very notion that such behaviour would have repercussions is something that the majority of them are utterly incapable of comprehending. The remainder just don't give a fxck - these are the ones I like to call superpricks.

Euro/World Cup my favorite thing to watch, hands down.

Got big money riding on England. Looking forward to tomorrow. :)

Yes - last time was on penalties in Fuerteventura on my birthday.............. :(

In a plaza surrounded by 100's of Italians - me and the OH were the only Brit's

We snatched defeat from the jaws of victory that night............... will do again:rolleyes:
At least I am not surrounded by loads of Italians this time

Yellow card Italy win - dirty - cynical

Again, we score first and don't then go and kill the game off

Better dust off that image of the crashed Hawk. ???????⚽??? etc

1472766481-harriergr9crash.gif

Deserved victory for Italy. This cynical England team doesn't deserve to win anything, they basically copied the cowardly French team of 2018. England threw away attacking football, having loads of the world's most talented young players that are excellently suited to play good football who were kept on the bench and instead the idiot in charge fields loads of defenders and other players that are good at not playing football.

Tradition thrown overboard, mind-numbingly boring matches throughout almost the entire tournament, home advantage and referees favouring them and what do they have to show for it? Still nothing.

I'm quite certain I overheard people on the BBC say that they were the better side, that they did the majority of the football.

The statistics:
Italy - England
Possession: 65,6 - 34,4
Total shots: 19 - 6
Shots (on goal): 9 (6) - 3 (2)
Passes completed: 729 - 319

If England were the dominant side the stats aren't showing it. Might they be "alternative stats"? ?

The way that Southgate brought on Sancho and Rashford in the final seconds of the extra time to take pens was pitiful, an insult to the skills of those players in giving them so little game time throughout the tournament. Also that almost never turns out well because they often haven't touched a ball prior to taking the penalty. The feeling just isn't there. And on top of all of that all of the big English players who picture themselves as stars hid leaving it up to a kid like Saka to take the responsibility to take the final penalty. The only place they make themselves look like stars is Instagram.

Utterly pathetic.

loss-of-the-mary-rose-geoff-hunt-pprsma.jpg

Last edited:
Deserved victory for Italy. This cynical England team doesn't deserve to win anything, they basically copied the cowardly French team of 2018. England threw away attacking football, having loads of the world's most talented young players that are excellently suited to play good football who were kept on the bench and instead the idiot in charge fields loads of defenders and other players that are good at not playing football.

Tradition thrown overboard, mind-numbingly boring matches throughout almost the entire tournament, home advantage and referees favouring them and what do they have to show for it? Still nothing.

I'm quite certain I overheard people on the BBC say that they were the better side, that they did the majority of the football.

The statistics:
Italy - England
Possession: 65,6 - 34,4
Total shots: 19 - 6
Shots (on goal): 9 (6) - 3 (2)
Pass accuracy: 729 - 319

If England were the dominant side the stats aren't showing it. Might they be "alternative stats"? ?

The way that Southgate brought on Sancho and Rashford in the final seconds of the extra time to take pens was pitiful, an insult to the skills of those players. Also that almost never turns out well because they often haven't touched a ball prior to taking the penalty. The feeling just isn't there. And on top of all of that all of the big English players who picture themselves as stars hid leaving it up to a kid like Saka to take the responsibility to take the final penalty. The only place they make themselves look like stars is Instagram.

Utterly pathetic.

View attachment 321564
Don't agree with a lot of that to be honest

yellow card stats show a lot about a team - there was a lot of niggly pulling and tugging from the Italians

We scored a decent goal - they scored a scrabbly goal that by luck came off the post initially rather than go out of play - lucky

We should have kicked and stood on them more - we don't learn, we play fair and loose

The only bit I do agree with is that Rashford should stick to delivering food parcels :rolleyes: or sending them by post

Have to agree with Mike1976, I get it’s a super bitter lose for England especially at Wembley and on Penalties shootout but that’s also football. Just ask the Frenchies when we were robbed Euro 2016 by the Portugay.

But whether on this game or through the tournament, the Italians deserved this win. England managed to have Ukraine and Denmark on its path, as I said before whereas Italy had to knock out brilliant nations.

I ran out of memes. It’s coming Rome is the most obvious of them. Good for Italy, it’s a nice way to forget about the 2018 World Cup and maybe a start to their own momentum like Spain in the 2010s…

I never watched a single game .. but . there is something seriously wrong with folks [ Scotland supporters ] .. supporting a team from another Country ... where there own team never won a bloody game ..

Like they were out in the streets doing after the final .. George Sq was rammed ..

Back