Gaming PC & Console games discussion

This was cool:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

PlayStation store 2022

Sniper Elite 5 has now been released

Don't normally buy anything pre-release, but this is an exception

Played late into the night last night and have completed the first two missions with 3 stars

First impressions - the Jerman's are a lot more aggressive than in previous games - and much more intelligent

Like the experience - level tree
Like the weapon upgrades

Don't like the picking up of one off weapons which seem to be littered about

All in all not a bad game - and it is making my 3080 work - who needs a fan heater..............

I do still think that Sniper Elite 3 is the best of the series - although 4 and 5 are graphically very well constructed

Also got the Kill Hitler DLC, but that will be a couple of weeks of working out the funniest way to drop something on him

I have killed everything up to mission 8

Quite an interesting video of the Royal Armoury and their input into Rebellion's sniper elite games

Another design from the Junglejim iron works/ design bureau
1654941082222.png

Star Citizen is running a Free-Fly event for a week. You can create an account and give it a test for a week for free.

This current patch is... a little bit dodgy. And the servers tend to be dodgier than normal during a free-fly due to the extra strain. But there is still a fair bit of fun to be had.

If you want an acceptable experience, you'll need a modern processor (i5-8th gen or better/newer), 16GB RAM minimum, a decent GPU and a SSD to install it on.

If you do decide to give it a test and are prompted to enter a referral code, mine is STAR-Y4TL-VNTZ which gives me a little bonus. Contact me in game if you want a guide or something. TheKiwi1969

uYupGaTZWNteU?width=1920&height=1080&cropmode=none.jpg

Those two side by side turrets.... (shakes my head). Added all that extra weight for almost no extra capability except in the very rare circumstances where you need to engage enemies on both the port and starboard sides of the ship.

Those two side by side turrets.... (shakes my head). Added all that extra weight for almost no extra capability except in the very rare circumstances where you need to engage enemies on both the port and starboard sides of the ship.
If you meant my design, it only means you are a gun hater and a communist, sire. Imagine a 12 gun salvo from a Ship facing you. So far no ship in game has survived an engagemnt of that ship.
Building those guns alone probably lowered unemployment by 2%

You could at least have offset them to each other so that they'd have some overlay. But otherwise you get the same amount of coverage port and starboard at the cost of an extra 10,000+ tons of weight for the turret plus the extra armour needed to protect that area plus the additional engine power/fuel/crew. The turrets are also going to make her incredibly bow heavy. In any kind of rough sea she'll be shipping water over the bow (and into the forward turret) and Neptune help you if you get torpedo strikes up front, loss of buoyancy will send her to the bottom faster than you can say "S**t, grab the Emperors portrait".

Then the 20" guns are going wreck everything next to them when firing - anyone in the secondaries next to D gun is going to be smashed to matchwood. Your AA batteries are also destined for destruction as soon as she opens fire with the main guns and you have very little length of ship to place them. They're also limited in number. I'd be checking the life boat situation if I saw a squadron of Avengers loaded with torpedoes heading towards you.

Your 15" belt will be swiss cheesed to RN and USN 16" guns. And finally since I am in a nit picking bitching mood, your 400,000 SHP engines will drain the empires reserves of fuel oil faster than a drunk Admiral drains sake.

You could at least have offset them to each other so that they'd have some overlay. But otherwise you get the same amount of coverage port and starboard at the cost of an extra 10,000+ tons of weight for the turret plus the extra armour needed to protect that area plus the additional engine power/fuel/crew. The turrets are also going to make her incredibly bow heavy. In any kind of rough sea she'll be shipping water over the bow (and into the forward turret) and Neptune help you if you get torpedo strikes up front, loss of buoyancy will send her to the bottom faster than you can say "S**t, grab the Emperors portrait".

Then the 20" guns are going wreck everything next to them when firing - anyone in the secondaries next to D gun is going to be smashed to matchwood. Your AA batteries are also destined for destruction as soon as she opens fire with the main guns and you have very little length of ship to place them. They're also limited in number. I'd be checking the life boat situation if I saw a squadron of Avengers loaded with torpedoes heading towards you.

Your 15" belt will be swiss cheesed to RN and USN 16" guns. And finally since I am in a nit picking bitching mood, your 400,000 SHP engines will drain the empires reserves of fuel oil faster than a drunk Admiral drains sake.
Why do you hate freedom?
Last time i checked it destroyed any battleship in battle, but fine Admiral Kiwi wants a redesign Ill redesign the ship. Just dont come begging for me when the senate starts questioning how their kickbacks from what would have probably be 50 iron works contracts disappear overnight.

Konami has finally decided to resurrect its best title.

But without the original soundtrack it's not as it should be.

And there is a brand new Silent Hill game on the way.

Last edited:
Not on my watch America, not on my watch...
1676908691733.png

Italy was also getting "froggy" so I blockaded its ass, even after they lost the war and I got her ships as war reparations. Scuttled them all out of spite.
Now I need to scuttle my 5 years ole BB fleet as im bankrupting the Empire, a Spanish sacrifice that I was willing to take.
1676908948587.png

*Bashes Alt+F4 like mad*

Star Citizen is running a Free-Fly event until the 20th of April. You can create an account and give it a test for a week for free.

If you want an acceptable experience, you'll need a modern processor (i5-8th gen or better/newer), 16GB RAM minimum, a decent GPU and a SSD to install it on.

If you do decide to give it a test and are prompted to enter a referral code, mine is STAR-Y4TL-VNTZ which gives us both a bonus. Contact me in game if you want a guide or something. TheKiwi1969

Well this looks interesting.

Indeed, i wishlisted it on Steam. Looks like some sort of Company Of Heroes with a bit of base management. Also that live action trailer is really good, it reminded me of the cutscenes in Red Alert or Tiberian Sun.