Other Post General car discussion

Marsch

Mi Staff Sergeant
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net
Renault Sport posted a video of a new lap record for FWD hothatches on the Nürburgring Nordschleife with their new Megane RS Trophy-R today. So far the record was held by a Honda Civic Type R with 7:43.8. The Megane now stamped a 7:40.1 into the asphalt.

Here's the video of the record lap.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It's all about crossovers here in the US. Nobody cares about looks or handling or performance. Fuel economy and functionality are the main selling points. I have a GTI and was looking for a similar vehicle to replace my dad's aging Acura TL, but, honestly found nothing below $35K.

Went car shopping on the weekend looking for something for the GF as my house has terrible public transport connections.

Ended up getting a bright orange 2005 Nissan March 1.2 litre. For such a small engine (and car) it's surprisingly peppy to drive.

In boring news, my old crappy Peugeot had to get its starter and brake pads changed over the span of 3 weeks. Bummer. I called a mechanic acquaintance who repaired it, under the table (Don’t tell the local IRS).

<<I do most all of my own work on the Heep to the left there. Although I did recently have the clutch and trans replaced by a shop that I trust recently. I do beat on it a bit offroad and will be heading to PA to push it to my limits (I run out of Driver long before I run out of Jeep).

Went car shopping on the weekend looking for something for the GF as my house has terrible public transport connections.

Ended up getting a bright orange 2005 Nissan March 1.2 litre. For such a small engine (and car) it's surprisingly peppy to drive.

Seems the greenie in you comes finally out. First a hybrid and now a 1.2 Liter. ?

I run out of Driver long before I run out of Jeep.

Haha, it's the same for me and my new car. So far my cars were the limit but now it's me. :)

I love performance cars but alas the insurance price to be paid for owning one crushes my desire to buy one.

I own a 2015 Mazda CX3, does the job, lots of extras for the money too :)

Looking at a 1978 Ford Fairlane Marquis, as it distresses me that TheKiwi isn't pulling his weight on the emissions front. It's only got the 5.8L V8, but if I drive it hard, I can really pump out some carbon.

They finally fixed the dodgy suspension in the Australian versions, it had been too soft and no good with a load on board. By the time they get over the bad rep on that, they'll be just about due a model change down here.

yeah, some people I know here just replaced it with aftermarket suspension. It never was an issue over here as most pick ups here arent used for towing or heavy load. It's more for overland trips on roads that are sometimes shady, so it's speed and comfort in ride along with the ability to take a decent load was better appreciated by the market here. for me the most it will carry would be a motorbike and maybe some crates of ammo.

The Ranger was the top of my list, till somehow they got stupid and killed the 3.2 liter engine and replaced it with a rinkydink 2.0liter bi turbo. Considering the horror stories of blown hoses for the turbo for the ranger of here, it killed it for me.

You're not getting an option of a 3.2? Raptor comes with a 2L, Wildtrack and XLT can be optioned with the 2L, but come stock with the 3.2 here.

3.2 liter is now gone for the 2019 models over here. Im afraid in your side they are just using up the stocks. Sad our ranger downsouth is. 3.2 and we love that thing

It will be interesting to see how Wildtrak and XLT sales go, when they've got a direct comparison in the same model and people choose one over the other, they'll have a pretty good idea about what the market wants (I think the market wants a Ranger with a 5L V8, but what do I know...). The 2L meets Euro 6 standards, so you might be right, they might only be eating up 3.2s until there is no other option.

Some random shots from our annual RS meeting.

Z2oWyTD.jpg

bCku83t.jpg

GpYWmzz.jpg

oQl4gTA.jpg

dgnILZl.jpg

GuL2lG9.jpg

ZSwVECg.jpg

QZNie3T.jpg

1OlTJnm.jpg

P61RcjA.jpg

And a video of a tour from last year showing the beautiful landscape and the twisty roads.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

It will be interesting to see how Wildtrak and XLT sales go, when they've got a direct comparison in the same model and people choose one over the other, they'll have a pretty good idea about what the market wants (I think the market wants a Ranger with a 5L V8, but what do I know...). The 2L meets Euro 6 standards, so you might be right, they might only be eating up 3.2s until there is no other option.
I hope it tanks so the Indian head that runs the program, same guy that thinks a 2.0 liter bi turbo on a Raptor makes sense get fired or replaced.