Other Post General car discussion

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Offt Sports car prices for pick up's

Cyber truck can't take road salt.

So a bad purchase anywhere with snow... But it's great in Silicon Valley.

The Cybertruck's steel exterior could need extra protection from winter road salt

New Tesla Cybertruck owners might want to wash winter road grime off their pickup as soon as possible.

Tesla has not yet shared the Cybertruck's owner's manual publicly, but in two videos posted online, the apparent guide says that the Cybertruck's stainless-steel exterior lacks "a clear coat on the surface of the exterior body panels, meaning scratches that appear are in the stainless steel panels themselves."

The guide shown in the videos also says: "To prevent damage to the exterior, immediately remove corrosive substances (such as grease, oil, bird droppings, tree resin, dead insects, tar spots, road salt, industrial fallout, etc.)"

New Audi Q6 e-tron

Technology

Tesla Matrix LED with adaptive high beam

go to min. 2.40 to see it adapting the light on the Autobahn

I went out early to get my Truck ready to go shopping because the battery does not stay up for any length of time. I also had an issue that just began several days ago on my last store trip. It was stumbling with an ignition problem like something was losing contact on the coil side. So it was hot as hell and high humidity and I climbed up my foot stool and bend over to remove the distributor cap to inspect it. I was so hot and soaking wet my glasses were wet to the point I could not see anything, I managed to get the cap off and sure nuff the positive wire from the coil that has a two male spade soldered to the wire so you can push the connector down into the distributor cap for the two factory connectors. The guy that worked on my truck a couple years ago and screwed me for about 1200 and never touched the motor as far as actually doing a repair. I made 7 miles with it before it was not drive able again. I had to replace the camshaft and all the top engine parts. So I got it running again and it ran pretty good but I had been suffering going behind this other guy, I did not get the distributor back into proper position and the vacuum advance hits the manifold runner so I can't advance the timing far enough. No big deal I drove it now for two years to the store and post office. So now I have the broken wire and lucky the coil wire was a small solid wire not multi stranded, I was able to push the wire back into the two spade connector and crimp it with a pair of pliers. In the morning I will go out again while it is cool and pull the cap one more time to bump it over on top dead center and see where my number one is facing. I knew I was going to have to remove the distributor and reset it so last year I bought a hand starter switch to do the engine bumping while I hold my finger in the number one hole. If I am lucky I can find the solenoid wire in the wiring harness and just skin a place the switch will make contact. I would not be able to crawl under this truck to connect the switch.

I'm too fat and my knees are so stiff I have a very hard time getting up from the ground. I have been planning on doing this for a very long time but at 76 it is very hard to get motivated enough to do anything related to working on my vehicle. I was in such bad shape when I came in this morning not able to finish what I started all the cats are on thin rations this evening. I will probably be able to get it installed properly so I can get the wiring in the correct location. It is hard on an HEI to move wires due to the wide pin gap on the dist cap. If I get it running tomorrow and timed correctly I will go ahead and order a couple gaskets I need to stop oil leaks and at the same time readjust my valve train. My next big job is to finish the brake work I paid that yo yo to do while he had the truck. I had purchased every last brake part used on this system and he picked up the rear brake drums and came home with them to only learn they gave him the wrong drums. He had already installed the shoes and all the hardware but they did not include the wheel cylinders so I had to order those again. He just buttoned it up without functioning rear brakes. My rear drums are so heavy I can just manage to carry one. I am hoping the guy did not screw me and take all my rear brake parts. I spent over 1300 for parts just for the brakes. I won't know until I remove the old drums so I can install the new wheel cylinders and drums. Finally I know I need a new battery and will get that end of month. I have a charger so I can charge it up and so far I have been able to drive three blocks to the store and it cranks again without problems. Funny I have two cells that go dry over a short period of time and my charger still says the battery is good. It was not the right battery when I bought it but all my old friend had in stock due to the virus shut down. The battery was for a V6 or 4 cylinder and was never very good from the git go. We have no auto parts here where I live and would have to drive to a town 11 miles away. So that's it in a nut shell for my Saturday, sure hope tomorrow is easier on my body. 😓