Politics London: crime news and discussion

I stand open to correction but is it not also illegal to send knives, or bring them in luggage into Australia as well??

Looks like gangs again . I doubt 1 assailant with a knife could have killed 3 men outright .
all Sikh's apparently - the two perps and the three dead - bit odd to be honest

Anyone ever tried sending a knife to the EU or UK. Apparently its forbidden. All knives are classed as weapons now. Bit funny . Get sent to jail over it where one can learn of numerous materials and methods to make the knife.

Why would anyone send a knife from NZ to Europe though? It’s not like we are lacking them here, seriously. Unless we’re talking some special trademark ones.

ANYTHING can be a weapon. In fact, it only took a driving license and to rent a lorry for a North African individual in Nice on Bastille day to ram and kill 86 people including many children and a third of the victims being Muslims as well.

No one is going to ban knives - I mean, how are we supposed to cut our meat? It’s illegal to carry one here, however.

The people making weapon legislation are so stupid.

There’s this silent Japanese dude on YouTube who became really popular showing how to make really sharp kitchen knives from tape, dry ice, amazon boxes and even Jello all at home.

Hell, you can made a deadly edged weapon from anything with arms reach. You can chip a rock into being an instrument of destruction with a wood handle, is the UK/EU going to ban rocks and wood now?

Yes , I see the direction of travel of your point of view ........ But no . I don't see how allowing a more absolute weapon as a gun into the public square ( even if under licence ) is going to aid the situation . Deal with the economics then maybe we ll see less of this .

Yes we do send knives to the UK/EU. Proper non-jello type. Funny thing is they are made in the EU. Furthermore they won't take anything made in a prison. Prisoner honestly making something and in doing so gaining a skill so as not to repeat offend is sanctioned by the EU to not perform such a task.

Yes , I see the direction of travel of your point of view ........ But no . I don't see how allowing a more absolute weapon as a gun into the public square ( even if under licence ) is going to aid the situation . Deal with the economics then maybe we ll see less of this .
Of course not, I wouldn’t advocate for concealed firearms for the Brits yet. But I think licensed pepper spray or stun guns like what Germany has would be a good idea.

I stand open to correction but is it not also illegal to send knives, or bring them in luggage into Australia as well??

Can send them to Aussie from NZ. No idea regarding luggage.
Aussie outlawed gang associations. They appear more apt at tackling causes.