Other Post General car discussion

Fraunhofer developed new batteries for up to 2000 km range, all patents inhouseand teh manaufacturing company was also already created in Eindhoven.

SALD stands for Spatial Atom Layer Deposition the battery coatings are one atom thick. They can also be charged five times faster.

Fraunhofer

SALD BV

One advantage is it can also be used for solar panels.

Was stuck behind a guy in an ancient Landrover Disco this morning on the way to work. The wheels (or perhaps the frame itself) were so badly aligned it was crawling along like a crab. He was keeping it aimed at least 5-10' off the centreline just to keep it going straight ahead. Scary stuff, how did that pass the WOF inspection??

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

New Czech road hypersport Bohema by traditional Praga mark (since 1907) successor of the Praga R1R. By the way Praga is a Latin name for city of Praha (Prague) and Bohema is a derivate from an old Latin name for Czechia - Bohemia.

8046578.jpg

image-1.jpg

praga-bohema-exterior-3-jpg.jpg

praga-bohema-exterior-8.jpg

Last edited:

I need to change my rear discs and pads but have discovered that I need a proprietary piece of software to wind the electronic handbrake off.

Thanks VW. :mad:

Volkswagen öder, the car for the people.

Still happily driving my 2016 Dacia Sandero.

Not that interested in spending a S**t-ton of money on a fancy German car, even a used one.

Now that Covid restrictions and all that shyte seems behind us, I’m spending my euros on travels again.

Software costs £175. Much of the savings in doing the job myself is wiped out there. Raging.

I so need a a 60 series in my life right now...
1987-toyota-land-cruiser-fj-60.jpg

Awww that would have been a fun vehicle. If I could find one here I would probably do a full on resto mod, seems like it would be a nice overlander. Out of all the Land Cruisers, the 60 series is the one i would love to own.
Or maybe I just have a thing for boxy big iron vehicles... this is my other wish

1920px-1990_Jeep_Grand_Wagoneer_(28459801253)_(cropped).jpg

Chinese EVs catch fire all the time. Cool that Chinese quality control now is in every EV vehicle. Maybe we have to wait for more reliable battery suppliers.

MGs recall due to fire hazard

All the wow super China car reviews never mention this issue. Not mentioning that Chinese cars even EVs are still technologically outclassed by foreign brands.

Drive a Mercedes EQS and compare it to the best Chinese EV.

And not enough, to fake the usual success story, before it materialises in reality, scores are dumped after being bought by fleet managers or the manufacturer himself.

What an environmental disaster and waste.

More burning chinese car batteries

Burning in front of the Dutch coast probably electric vehicles on board departed from Wilhelmshaven (VW uses CATL batteries)

Exlusively built in China w. Chinese batteries BMW i3 goes up in flames during customer test drive.

GWM Ora Funky Cat dissapoints already after a few weeks

More important here are values in terms of battery, range and consumption: The Chinese cat is optionally available with a 48 kWh or 63 kWh battery, whereby the smaller one is even the newer LFP generation. Depending on the battery size, ranges of 300 to 420 kilometers should be possible. These are the specifications on the data sheet. In the test at moderate spring temperatures, however, it looks different: Our Funky Cat 400 Pro+ with a re-measured battery charge of 66.5 kWh still manages 370 kilometers in the city, but on our 190-kilometer highway round it's only 234 kilometers at GPS-calibrated 130 kilometers per hour with a consumption of 28.5 kWh per 100 kilometers - mind you: without heating! Direct competitors like the VW ID.3 Pro, the Cupra Born or the Renault Mégane E-Tech are at 23 kWh here. City and highway consumption rates are also rather high for the 400 Pro+ with standard heat pump at 18 and 22 kWh/100 km/h.

Translated with www.DeepL.com/Translator (free version)