Politics London: crime news and discussion

The prescription is apparently less cops and more laws.

I suspect US cops really are over run by paperwork and forms.

End of the day its all resulting in less policing.

Last edited:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Homicides are spiking this month

Ban sales of pointed kitchen knives as there is no reason for them in modern world, says Church of England
A ban on the sale of pointed kitchen knives has been demanded by the Church of England as it says there is no reason for them in the modern world.

In a letter to ministers backed by a judge, top trauma doctors and psychiatrists, police and victims, Church of England bishops say re-designing domestic knives to give them rounded ends would combat knife crime by making “life-threatening” injuries “far less likely.”

They say sharp knife points were only used historically to pick up food because forks had not been invented and it was a time when they could be carried openly. Sharp points remain only as an anachronistic hangover from 18th century Britain during which forks became commonplace.

I'll let the comments speak for themselves:
"Ban sales of pointed kitchen knives as there is no reason for them in modern world, says Church of England"
Every minute of every day the world gets more surreal.
If an individual wishes to harm someone, they will find a way.
A call for banning knives is just a way for those within the Church of England to signal their virtue. They should just keep their mouth shut and let the police do their job.
His Grace, the Bishop of Rochester, has obviously never cut open a very large melon nor removed small imperfections from fruit and veg, two culinary tasks that require a point on the knife.
I do have one or two roundhead (see what I did there?) knives in my kitchen - I use them so rarely I can't recall what I bought them for. I use my sharp pointed knives for everything - carving joints, starting a tomato/onion/potato/bread to slice or dice it and I could go on recounting all the ways I use those sharp point knives several times a day to make my cooking, baking, and roasting easier on my arthritic hands.

If that Bishop doesn't understand a good cook needs her/his sharp pointed knives in the modern world, he needs to get back in the kitchen and try food prep with only roundhead knives (yes, I did do it again).
There are hundreds of millions of pointy knives in the UK and yes, the points do have a use in the kitchen.

Bladed instruments can easily be made by anyone with a metal grinder and a piece of iron. You can stab someone with a pencil, if you want. Ask any prisoner if he knows how to make a shank....and that's without good access to tools!

All banning knives would do is make cooking by law abiding citizens difficult. It won't keep a single thug from stabbing anyone.

But wait, there's more:

Police force stops publishing pictures of seized knives because they might frighten people
A police force has stopped publishing images of seized knives and weapons because they might frighten the public.

Thames Valley Police hopes the move, confirmed during National Knife Crime Awareness Week, will reduce "the fear of knives and knife carrying".
The decision was described as a victory for "snowflakes" online, with some suggesting it will prevent the force from highlighting the dangers of weapons.

But it has been supported by campaigners who fear that pictures of blades may encourage gang members to carry larger and more dangerous blades.

TVP, which covers Berkshire, Buckinghamshire and Oxfordshire, had previously used social media to release pictures of machetes, swords, knives and daggers handed in during "no questions asked" amnesties.

We have reached a point where pics of edged pieces of metal in custody are causing the public and police to piss their pants.

Maybe it's for the best because every time I check twitter to see what new impractical weapon the bobbies pull from the pants of a thug; half of the twitter comments are freaking out and are unable to comprehend that the scum of society will always have a means to acquire weapons.

Last edited:
Daniel’s murder was one of three separate violent deaths in west London in two days. Two men, both aged 22, were fatally stabbed – one in Ealing Common at about 6.15pm on Tuesday, and the other in Southall in the early hours of Monday.

There have been 109 homicides in London this year, as well as two other suspicious deaths that are being investigated.

The places knife crime is rising fastest
The rate of knife attacks in some regional towns and cities is higher than in many London boroughs, BBC analysis of police figures suggests.
Overall, London remains the most dangerous part of England and Wales - but data, obtained from 34 of the 43 police forces, shows the rate of serious knife crime offences rising sharply in some areas outside London, and outstripping some of the city's boroughs in places like the city of Manchester, Slough, Liverpool and Blackpool.
"We are suffering just as much as anywhere else," said Byron Highton whose brother Jon-Jo was 18 when he was stabbed to death with a sword and an axe as he walked home in Preston, in 2014.

"The whole country is suffering from knife crime, but small cities in the north like Preston get no mention."
Drugs gangs, school exclusion rates, poverty, unemployment and cuts to services have all been blamed for a rise in youth violence in towns like Blackpool and Preston.

Last month, official figures showed eight of the 10 most deprived neighbourhoods in England were in Blackpool.

"There is a significant issue with county lines [drugs courier] gangs in Blackpool, and from that we are seeing that means a lot of young people are carrying knives," Ashley Hackett, chief executive of Blackpool Football Club Community Trust , told the BBC.

"We have an awful lot of children and teenagers who are living in deprivation and whatever way they can find to earn money and support households, legally and illegally, they are doing it. That includes drugs and knives," he added.

In 2018, almost half of all suspects in serious knife crime offences in England and Wales, were aged 24 and under.

Snapshot of Stabbings & Murders in London in October 2019
- We have recorded over 350 #knifecrime related incidents in London in 2019
- Many involve multiple victims
- We have been tracking violent crime in London since 2016 #london #crime

London's knife crime epidemic continues with three fatal stabbings
London's knife-crime epidemic continued this weekend with three fatal stabbings in the space of 24 hours.
The number of killings in the capital is now nearing its highest level in more than a decade, with 130 recorded this year, compared with 132 in 2018.

Three men stabbed to death in London in 12 hours
Exauce Ngimbi, 22, was attacked in Hackney, east London, on Thursday afternoon and four people have been arrested on suspicion of murder.

Overnight, Muhammed Abdullah Al Araimi was killed near Harrods in Knightsbridge, while another man was killed in Deptford, south-east London.

The deaths mean 136 murder investigations have been launched in the capital this year.

It is the same amount as during the whole of 2018.

London knife crime: Number of teenagers stabbed to death hits 11-year high

The number of teenagers stabbed to death in London has reached its highest level since 2008, the BBC has found.

Mohammed Usman Mirza, 19, was killed in Ilford on Tuesday night and became the 23rd teenager to be fatally stabbed in the capital this year.

The figure so far for 2019 exceeds the 22 teenagers who were fatally stabbed in the whole of 2008.

The family of Jodie Chesney - one of the 23 victims - described the statistic as "seriously alarming".

In a BBC England documentary, her father Peter Chesney spoke about the ripple effects of knife crime.

He said: "Over 20 teenagers have been fatally stabbed this year and that is shocking to me.

"You read about it and you go 'oh that sucks' but when it is really close to your heart you wonder why are people doing this?"

Last edited:
7 fatal stabbings in little over a week in #London. The capital saw an eighth stabbing recorded in nearby Watford, a teenager found dead in Dagenham, two other non-fatal stabbings in Holloway and Lambeth alongside a shooting incident reported in Lewisham. #KnifeCrime

Murder investigation launched after man 'shot dead on his doorstep' in Battersea
The death is the 142nd homicide in London in 2019, the highest number in a calendar year since 2008.

Last year there were 141 police-recorded homicides in the capital, according to Home Office statistics.

And Cassandra Dick had the balls to say homicides were falling earlier this year.

Murder investigation launched after man 'shot dead on his doorstep' in Battersea

And Cassandra Dick had the balls to say homicides were falling earlier this year.

"Record label boss, 36, shot dead in front of his family in London on Christmas Eve was once one of Sweden's most wanted as police link his death to Albanian gangland murders including friend's wife who was gunned down while holding her baby in August"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ted-men.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed

Taken from the Nottinghamshire Police fb page ... bottom image is taken from there fb page the top image is off the person who found the Dog in the River ,,

...............................................Who ever is responsible needs to be beaten with an array of golf clubs then endure the same fate as the Dog

Bella the dog update: Investigation continues following River Trent rescue

Two people arrested in connection with a report of a dog that was rescued from the River Trent yesterday have been released under investigation, as a multiagency investigation into the circumstances surrounding the discovery continues.

Nottinghamshire Police responded to a report that a dog – a Belgian Shepherd believed to be called Bella – was hauled to safety by a brave member of the public after she was spotted in the River Trent at Farndon, near Newark, at around 8.45am on Monday 6 January.

Bella was found with a carrier bag containing a large rock tied to her lead. She is now continuing to recover well as she is being cared for by a local vets and temporary accommodation is found for her.
Nottinghamshire Police immediately launched an investigation into the report and arrested a 32-year old man and 31-year old woman on suspicion of animal cruelty offences in connection with the incident later that day.
Inspector Heather Sutton, Nottinghamshire Police’s neighbourhood policing inspector for the Newark area, said: “Britain is undoubtedly a nation of animal lovers, which has been demonstrated by the overwhelming support we have received from members of the public to help Bella and assist our officers with their investigation into this particularly sad case.
“I would like to thank the public for their support, which has meant that we have a number of lines of enquiry that we will be following up as part of our continuing work to understand the circumstances surrounding this incident.
“Animal cruelty investigations can often be very complex, so it’s important that we take our time to properly understand this case to ensure that the appropriate action is taken against whoever may be responsible and bring the offenders to justice.
“While we have made two arrests, I would continue to encourage anyone with any information to come forward to police as soon as possible.”
An RSPCA spokesperson said: “We would like to thank members of the public for their help in this investigation and our inquiries are continuing.
“We are pleased to say Bella is doing well in veterinary care and we plan to find her a foster home soon.”
Anyone who witnessed the incident or who has any information is asked to call Nottinghamshire Police on 101, quoting incident number 103 of 6 January.
* Please be mindful that this is an active investigation. It could be harmful to the investigation and any potential court case to comment on particulars of the case before a court process takes place. We understand people have strong feelings about animal cruelty but please don't post anything on social media which may undermine the judicial process.
Dog.jpg
Dog 2.jpg

"Record label boss, 36, shot dead in front of his family in London on Christmas Eve was once one of Sweden's most wanted as police link his death to Albanian gangland murders including friend's wife who was gunned down while holding her baby in August"

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...ted-men.html?ns_mchannel=rss&ico=taboola_feed
Albanian Mobsters, why am I not surprised?

Ilford stabbing: Three men found dead in Seven Kings, northeast London
Triple murder investigation comes just days after figures showed knife crime at highest level in a decade

Three men have been killed in an apparent mass stabbing in northeast London.

Metropolitan Police officers were called to a disturbance in Elmstead Road, Ilford, at 7.38pm on Sunday, where they found the three victims.

All three were pronounced dead where they lay.

The men are believed to have been in their 20s and 30s.

Chief Superintendent Steve Clayman said: “While enquiries into this tragic incident are at an early stage, this is likely to be a triple homicide investigation.
Last week The Independent reported how knife crime had hit its highest level in a decade, with one-fifth of crimes involving blades – more than 4,500 – committed by children.

Last edited:
Anyone ever tried sending a knife to the EU or UK. Apparently its forbidden. All knives are classed as weapons now. Bit funny . Get sent to jail over it where one can learn of numerous materials and methods to make the knife.

There's CCTV footage of two young male suspects giving each other a fist bump when they were walking away from the incident.

100% gang warfare.
The same happened in my county. Leamington Spa is said to be on the of the best places to live in the UK. Properties there cost nearly as much as in London. However, the town is FAR cleaner, more posh and FAR less Third Worldish than the capital city. I love visiting it.
A typical gang warfare related to drug dealing. It looks like all involved people were black and the killed boy was born in Africa.

Anyone ever tried sending a knife to the EU or UK. Apparently its forbidden. All knives are classed as weapons now. Bit funny . Get sent to jail over it where one can learn of numerous materials and methods to make the knife.
The people making weapon legislation are so stupid.

There’s this silent Japanese dude on YouTube who became really popular showing how to make really sharp kitchen knives from tape, dry ice, amazon boxes and even Jello all at home.

Hell, you can made a deadly edged weapon from anything with arms reach. You can chip a rock into being an instrument of destruction with a wood handle, is the UK/EU going to ban rocks and wood now?