Politics London: crime news and discussion

Can anyone tell me why the West Midlands is so crime riddled?
It's a mixture of disproportionately high percentage of English working class people plus Asians or the second generation Asians.
If you want to know what I mean by picking on the latter, google Newham + crime and and check who lives there. A long story short, white British people F*** off like no tomorrow from there.
Some criminals are linked to London and visit West Midlands to do their "job":
Can you imagine the police in the U.S.A.or Russia being so polite, while catching people who threatened a baby with a knife?
Even in Poland, the police would shout like crazy and these guys would be a bit harmed while being detained.

Last edited:
Can anyone tell me why the West Midlands is so crime riddled?

Depends on what you mean by the West Midlands.

If you mean the metropolitan county then for a small area, it contains three major cities - Coventry, Birmingham and Wolverhampton (so about three million people) and they have all the crime problems that cities everywhere have so for the amount of people that live there, it probably has a high crime rate.

If you mean the region, then although it contains the county of the West Midlands then it also contains the largely rural areas of Warwickshire, Staffordshire, Worcestershire, Herefordshire and Shropshire (So about five million people, but three million of them live in the county/cities mentioned above and although I don't know this for sure, I expect most of the region's crime happens there) so for the amount of people that live there, it probably doesn't have a high crime rate.

I know that crime (particularly violent crime) is getting worse over here, but for the record, I went to university in Coventry and I still go there and Birmingham on a regular basis and I don't feel worried in the slightest. I also travel to London for work on a regular basis and that doesn't bother me either.

This Mullet is a criminal offence .... Bombardier Hope you told her to get a haircut ..

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

You guys need to arm your police, I think. How on earth are scumbags who've killed someone before they've turned sixteen supposed to take a police officer seriously who's not even carrying a weapon.

To just throw a stat in the debate......
The UK population has increased by 8 million since the year 2000 . With those sorts of numbers it's only natural to see an increase in crime . Has the state allowed for this increase in population by employing more officers to police the larger population ( this can also be extended to healthcare , housing etc ) ? That ll be a no . It seems policy is geared towards increased economic activity which is great , but when the real cost of an enlarged population drops through the letterbox they don't want to know . Fiscal responsibility seems to be the order of the day .

We are rolling out our #KnifeFree chicken boxes in over 210 chicken shops in England and Wales, including Morley’s, Dixy Chicken and Chicken Cottage. They use real life stories to show people how they can go #KnifeFree.
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

I love how the U.K. government tries so hard to be seen as not racist they do something pretty damn racist like this.

Overall, August has been quiet in terms of homicides in London (only two from 08/01-08/14) but it might be picking up now due to two homicides just today. There was also a body in a pond in Feltham but I think that's more of a suicide than a homicide given there were others who committed suicide by drowning themselves earlier this year.

Last edited:
I love how the U.K. government tries so hard to be seen as not racist they do something pretty damn racist like this.
I just hope they are recyclable or they will have all the eco nuts on their back as well

thinking about it are they stab proof? (Y)

To just throw a stat in the debate......
The UK population has increased by 8 million since the year 2000 . With those sorts of numbers it's only natural to see an increase in crime . Has the state allowed for this increase in population by employing more officers to police the larger population ( this can also be extended to healthcare , housing etc ) ? That ll be a no . It seems policy is geared towards increased economic activity which is great , but when the real cost of an enlarged population drops through the letterbox they don't want to know . Fiscal responsibility seems to be the order of the day .

Fair point and stat, alas around here we have less and less cops (hence boots on the ground) than merely 15 years ago, thanks to Sarkozy for cutting the budget of the police, heathcare/public hospital etc. As you said; the population of both our countries are increasing steadily and it’s only logical crime would go up too; with less cops though things can only become awkward.

For balance of argument a couple of murders to report outside of London in the last 24 hours , one a police officer . Seems the behaviours seen on the streets of London are being echoed elsewhere .

For balance of argument a couple of murders to report outside of London in the last 24 hours , one a police officer . Seems the behaviours seen on the streets of London are being echoed elsewhere .
I am all for restoring the death penalty - they won't stab and kill anyone else - quick and swift no appeals

The police officer that was killed had a partner with him and reports are they have raided a traveler camp

I am all for restoring the death penalty - they won't stab and kill anyone else - quick and swift no appeals

The police officer that was killed had a partner with him and reports are they have raided a traveler camp

Though tempting I don't think there's enough evidence to prove that the threat of death would actually deter these people . I pulled this off of the BBC website ......

The attack on PC Harper is the third time in recent weeks an officer has been seriously hurt in the line of duty.

Metropolitan Police officer Stuart Outten was stabbed in the head on 8 August.

Days later a 42-year-old West Midlands Police officer suffered serious head and pelvic injuries when he was run over with his own vehicle.

'I've been spat on, bitten and kicked'
Police 'shocked and saddened' by killing
Police Federation chairman John Apter said 10 officers had died in the line of duty in the past decade - a figure he called "truly shocking".

While policing was "dangerous and unpredictable", it was difficult to ignore the loss of 22,000 officers as a result of budget cuts, he said.

A reinstatement of the 22k officers would certainly be a step in the right direction . Austerity was never going to be " free" and maybe it's time to start undoing what was a rather short sighted policy in the first place .

How long ago was it in Britain one could leave the house and car unlocked?

Where? No doubt there are great swaths of villages in the UK where people still leave things unlocked. And larger cities where you wouldn't have done that any time in the last 100+ years.

Where are the guns coming from? I'm surprised by the number of shootings given the severe restrictions on civilian ownership of firearms.

How long ago was it in Britain one could leave the house and car unlocked?

I still do , the house at least . Not so much the car as you can void your insurance . Though these story's in this thread are somewhat unpleasant I don't let them dictate how I choose to live my life . Many in my area still use their house alarms but I don't really see the point , living in fear that you might get burgled or something bad might happen . I did have the comfort of living next to a police station till about 4 years ago when it was sold off along with our post office which should give you an idea of whats been happening in the UK the last 10 years .