Other Post General car discussion

The number of times I get tempted while watching one of his videos to say "ah screw it, I'll buy an old classic BMW". Fortunately afterwards sense prevails.

Not sure what classic means to you, but for me that would be the 2002 tii.

BMW lays foundation for factory in Hungary​

The BMW Group has laid the foundation stone for its new electric car plant in Debrecen, Hungary. The company is investing more than one billion euros in the site, where series production for the first all-electric New Class vehicle will start in 2025.

Not sure what classic means to you, but for me that would be the 2002 tii.

For the 20 somethings everything from since the 90s is a classic car.

I was tempted to buy a 635 CSI in the early 2000s nobody wanted them, should have done it back then was about 7000 €....now its up to
50.000 €

But I had no garage to store it for the future, and it guzzled too much fuel for daily commuting.

bmw-635-csi-classic-cars-01.jpg

Brutus - American LaFrance fire engine chassis with a BMW VI aircraft engine 750 HP and 47 L displacement

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Jeremy Clarkson and Brutus

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That is a very pearlescent white.

For the 20 somethings everything from since the 90s is a classic car.

I was tempted to buy a 635 CSI in the early 2000s nobody wanted them, should have done it back then was about 7000 €....now its up to
50.000 €

But I had no garage to store it for the future, and it guzzled too much fuel for daily commuting.

View attachment 388864
And I am reliably informed that they are easy to break into and steal :rolleyes:

Are they open for orders? In UK most Audi/VW/Skoda electric are not open.

At the moment not. The delivery times go up to 2024. But I would buy it used or an ex leasing car a year old or so only. But it seems they cost more used than new.

As said I would need the IV80 but they even sell the IV60 used for over 50k €s.

This one you can get new for 40k in 12 months..

Well if you need a new car you have to search early.