Politics 2022 Games -

Would you like to see a mass boycott of the 2022 Bejing Games

• Yes - Because of there dishonesty and allowing the outbreak to spread globally

Votes: 6 75.0%
  • No - Don't care much for it ..

Votes: 2 25.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

colin traveller

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
IMO no team should even give China the satisfaction of appearing at the games . For there role in causing the outbreak and deliberately allowing the virus to spread globally . It would be a small justice to those who have died due to the Chinese regime's non admittance .

China allowing the virus to spread globally and lying about it is one thing.
Another, more "respectable", country would have probably done the same to some extent.

What is more concerning, from an ethical and moral point of view, is their concentration camps for Uighurs and other religious minorities.

Unfortunately we are living in an era of moral bankruptcy.

By the way, isn't it at these Games Russia won't be allowed to fly its flag, play its anthem and/or use its own name?

Seconding what Ivan just said.

What can the US and Europe reasonably do about the Uighur though re: China? Little unless we are looking direct confrontation.

Not much to add about the spread of the virus...

It’s regrettable but the World has kind of always been like that.

You could make the same poll about the 2022 World Cup in Qatar. Slave labour used to build the stadiums, women being treated like sub-humans, sponsoring terrorism etc.

Dutch internationals were quick to join the BLM hype train calling for social justice and other woke nonsense in the US where none of them live, but calling out Qatar for their medieval ways?

Cue the sound of crickets.

Hate to see the athletes punished, but it would be a pretty awesome global community FU to Xi Jinping and his merry band of miscreants.

OG have become about politics, making money for fake news networks, jingoism and have not much to do with sport for quiet some time now. OG should be stopped for good, imo.

We'll considering I had to use google to even know what games you were talking about.... I guess that tells you how much attention and interest I have ? lol