Politics The Biden thread

Newsom reportedly won't go against Harris.
Newsom won't go against Newsom. This election cycle is cursed.

If Biden or Trump wins they have one term left. If Harris wins, the next Democratic primary will be an open primary, incumbent or not.

So in four years Newsom can run and not have to mount a come from far behind campaign over four months.

20 or 30 years ago, they at least had some love of country. They'd keep their Looney Tunes under control, like a crazy aunt living in your basement.
You know, just for the sake of curiosity, I'd actually love to see someone pop up in the Democratic camp and run on a platform like Clinton's first presidential bid. Nothing too crazy, no identity politics, no being soft on illegal immigration or crime; just the party's old identity core of more social welfare and less social conservatism on questions like abortion. I reckon that someone would do better than they'd expect.

You know, just for the sake of curiosity, I'd actually love to see someone pop up in the Democratic camp and run on a platform like Clinton's first presidential bid. Nothing too crazy, no identity politics, no being soft on illegal immigration or crime; just the party's old identity core of more social welfare and less social conservatism on questions like abortion. I reckon that someone would do better than they'd expect.
Throw in a few nice wholesome old timey sex scandals and people would actually be relieved that the worst of the problem is that the candidate is a perv.

Nah! They'd be crucified as racist, fascist nationalists.

Newsom won't go against Newsom. This election cycle is cursed.

If Biden or Trump wins they have one term left. If Harris wins, the next Democratic primary will be an open primary, incumbent or not.

So in four years Newsom can run and not have to mount a come from far behind campaign over four months.
There's that too. No one wants to self immolate their political career.

There's that too. No one wants to self immolate their political career.
I genuinely think that's why the party isn't in open revolt against Biden yet.
They'd rather see Biden defeated than one of their inner-party rivals replace him and succeed.

They'd rather see Biden defeated than one of their inner-party rivals replace him and succeed.
And that has to balanced against the down ticket effect.

I think the bright boys and the money boys in the gummy filled back room are trying to figure out how to lose the "right" way.

Biden was "selected" to be the nominee. Democracy, aye? Sanders was trouncing Biden in the primaries and Biden couldn't win anything. That had the party worried. Then somehow, some way, Jim Clyburn "delivered" South Carolina for Biden. Shortly thereafter, Sanders got a new beach house and dropped out of the race.

They knew Biden was slipping mentally 4 years ago, but they felt he was the package they needed to win. A figure head. He was never going to run the show.

Up until the debate, the regime felt that Trump would be destroyed or imprisoned by their lawfare and had no problem dragging an addled Biden over the finish line.

The only reason they want Biden to drop out is, they see that he will be crushed on election day. They should have done this 4 years ago or 2 years ago. But they put all of their eggs in the Stalin Show Trials basket against Trump.

In all fairness, Biden looked way more stable and awake four years ago than he does today. And why wouldn't he. It is a stressful job.

It could very well be the case that if Trump is re-elected, he'll end his term as a stuttering wreck himself.

S**t, he looked more sentient and alert only a month or two ago!

I m hoping he gets an extinction burst of energy for a couple more months.

He going down fast… Helter Skelter!

Oh right, let us not forget this happened as well:
GS3wbynXoAAHwUF.webp

In all fairness, Biden looked way more stable and awake four years ago
On the rare instances where they didn't keep him locked up in the basement you mean?

One or two debates after months of seclusion doesn't say much. All that time to prep and find the right cocktail.

Nah, I'm with @Euroamerican on that one. He did make enough public appearances for us to really observe his decline, step-by-step. Biden in 2020 wasn't even remotely close to how he is now. Yeah, he was old in 2020, but he was coherent. He didn't slur his speech, he didn't walk like a zombie, his face wasn't frozen in place as if someone had injected him with a metric ton of botox.

And as far as all that talk about "cocktails" goes, isn't that par for the course in that office? Kennedy was hooked on pills, Nixon and Johnson drank like desperate housewives; and former aides of Trump have attested that he pops adderalls like they're M&M's.

Nah, I'm with @Euroamerican on that one. He did make enough public appearances for us to really observe his decline, step-by-step. Biden in 2020 wasn't even remotely close to how he is now. Yeah, he was old in 2020, but he was coherent. He didn't slur his speech, he didn't walk like a zombie, his face wasn't frozen in place as if someone had injected him with a metric ton of botox.

And as far as all that talk about "cocktails" goes, isn't that par for the course in that office? Kennedy was hooked on pills, Nixon and Johnson drank like desperate housewives; and former aides of Trump have attested that he pops adderalls like they're M&M's.
There's a difference between substances to cope with high stress and ones to retain/regain basic functionality. The latter user shouldn't be anywhere near a position of responsibility.

Love how he refuses to do the second debate. Despite everything he wanted, to bad AI isn't yet able to provide a holgram of him with an IQ of 3000. I'm sure he'd think that would be fair and ok in as much as he used his bunker strategy last time to cheat the US voters..

Throw in a few nice wholesome old timey sex scandals and people would actually be relieved that the worst of the problem is that the candidate is a perv.
They let the draft dodger slick willy off from his perv charge and only hit him with lying to congress. He was officially impeached but he refused to leave office. Tells you what kind of POS he really is. They don't care about reputation or how the rest of the world see's them. It is the money they're after, and boy did he and his old hag sock it away. They even went as far as renting out the Lincoln Bedroom for a buck. Stole the china when they left the white house but had to return it or face charges for theft ! :0)

Is that slick willy who, in giving evidence, "could not remember", but remembered enough to write a book?
He also went an extra mile to be distinguished from the other notable cigar enjoyers of the century (Churchill&Castro) by means of before lighting it up, dipping it first into something quite special.