Politics The Biden thread

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Strong reports that Biden will bow out of race by this weekend but won't endorse Kamala.

Yeah it would be pretty hard to endorse the person with the hand on the dagger that's in your back....

So, their golden boy Newsom?

Kamala, Newsom, Whitmore, etc...

Fairly unclear, but it seems to be a wrap for Joe. Rumors are he will announce it this weekend, he will not uphold Harris as his successor though. Biden is apparently in favor of an open process.

Kamala, Newsom, Whitmore, etc...

Fairly unclear, but it seems to be a wrap for Joe. Rumors are he will announce it this weekend, he will not uphold Harris as his successor though. Biden is apparently in favor of an open process.
Biden has the awareness of a turnip, so there's a huge struggle among his handlers as to who gets the nomination. As long as he gets occasional ice cream and fresh Depends, I very much doubt he knows what's going on.

Earlier today:

1721401352281.webp

An open nomination process could do the Democrats some good. Potentially, depending on who comes out on top.

People talk about the bench being thin for the Democrats. The bench is only thin if you limit to people the DNC favors. But who knows who would come out on top?

I do like the idea of an open convention harkening back to the conventions of the pre television era. Reading reports about them they were much more raucous, and in some ways more honest about the hardball politics being played. (Before my time actually.)

Like an an entire season of Survivor played out in 7 days. But the prize is the most powerful position in the world.

Last edited:

Here's hoping the Marxist Dems eat each other.....

I could really go for some semblance of the old school Democrats who were pro business. It wasn't all of them. But there were enough.

The extremists were always there. Always, going waaaaaay back. But they did not control the party. They did not get the Speaker of the House position.

What I wouldn't give for greasy, slithering, old-school deal makers like Tip O'Neill or Newt Gingrich. It wasn't even so much their policy positions as the fact they weren't incompetent.

Strong reports that Biden will bow out of race by this weekend but won't endorse Kamala.
Interesting dilemma for them. Would it hurt Harris not to be endorsed, or would it actually be beneficial to her? The democratic left has never liked Biden, they've only ever supported him to avoid a Trump presidency.

Interesting dilemma for them. Would it hurt Harris not to be endorsed, or would it actually be beneficial to her? The democratic left has never liked Biden, they've only ever supported him to avoid a Trump presidency.
Who knows. There is so much going on behind the scenes. Harris as in Biden-Harris campaign control the delegates who voted for them and a war chest of up to $200 million. But Biden actually controls all that until he relinquishes control.

Last edited:
I could really go for some semblance of the old school Democrats who were pro business. It wasn't all of them. But there were enough.

The extremists were always there. Always, going waaaaaay back. But they did not control the party. They did not get the Speaker of the House position.

What I wouldn't give for greasy, slithering, old-school deal makers like Tip O'Neill or Newt Gingrich. It wasn't even so much their policy positions as the fact they weren't incompetent.
20 or 30 years ago, they at least had some love of country. They'd keep their Looney Tunes under control, like a crazy aunt living in your basement.