Politics Spanish General Election

Historic voter turnout in elections.

Voter turnout at 6pm is 60.6%, nine points up on 2016
Follow our updates throughout the day as Spaniards go to the polls for the third time in less than four years, and with a more fragmented political outlook than ever

More voter turnout traditionally use to be more left vote in Spain. Till 22:30 we will not know practically definitive results.

So with 97% of votes counted:

Psoe 122 seats (center-left)
Pp 66 seats (center-right)
Ciudadanos 58 seats( more center-right but also center-left)
Podemos 43 seats ( far left)
Vox 24 seats (far right) firts time in Spanish Parlament

Others:
Erc 15 (catalan nationalist far left)
Juntsxcat 7 (catalan nationalist center-right)
Pnv 6 ( Basque nationalist center-right)
Bildu 4 ( Basque nationalist far left)
Na 2 ( Navarre center -right no nationalist)
Compromís 1 ( valencian nationalist left)

So options are:

Psoe+ Podemos+Erc (leftish governement)

Psoe+Ciudadanos( center governement)

Or they can´t get supports and new elections...

I do have a question mokordo to cast your eye over . I noticed voter turnout was up . Do you think this is where a lot of vox and podemos support has come from ; ie people who haven't voted for twenty years or so going for the protest vote to effectively give the middle finger to the establishment ?

I do have a question mokordo to cast your eye over . I noticed voter turnout was up . Do you think this is where a lot of vox and podemos support has come from ; ie people who haven't voted for twenty years or so going for the protest vote to effectively give the middle finger to the establishment ?

It´s said taht the increase of turnout use to benefit left parties. but this time I think that those new votes have been distributed quite equally.

Vox and Podemos votes are mostly a punishment vote against establishment, Vox a far right and nationalist view, and Podemos a far left one.

The rise of Psoe it´s due to a tactical voting, the % that rises Psoe is basically the same % that Podemos decreases, with a portion due to more turnout.

The Pp results is due to the fragmentation in 3 different parties.

Vox voters are basically former Pp´s voters, those situated more in the right.

The sum of right votes and the left ones, are practically the same.

Sorry for my poor english skills, I am not sure if I have answered correctly your question.

It´s said taht the increase of turnout use to benefit left parties. but this time I think that those new votes have been distributed quite equally.

Vox and Podemos votes are mostly a punishment vote against establishment, Vox a far right and nationalist view, and Podemos a far left one.

The rise of Psoe it´s due to a tactical voting, the % that rises Psoe is basically the same % that Podemos decreases, with a portion due to more turnout.

The Pp results is due to the fragmentation in 3 different parties.

Vox voters are basically former Pp´s voters, those situated more in the right.

The sum of right votes and the left ones, are practically the same.

Sorry for my poor english skills, I am not sure if I have answered correctly your question.

You answered perfectly mokordo , many thanks . Spain's voting pattern certainly marries up with whats happening across Europe . You'll be hard pushed to find a European country that doesn't have some sort of rebellion of sorts going on . Are people coming to the realisation that politicians only have their own interests at heart instead of their constituents ? Probably . Will a change in voting alter this behaviour ? It remains to be seen.

Thanks.

In my case, I am not very sure if the English is my second, third or fourth language. I start learning English after studying French and Basque since I was a child, so probably I speak poorly in several languages.