Other Post Your drawings, paintings and « art » in general

Jake84

Super Moderator
Staff member
Super Moderator
TheMess.Net
Ukraine
I have little doubts that some of you are talented with the aforementioned art in general.

I’m no artist but currently sort of bored by the lockdown and have started drawing again. It’s not worth much, and any constructive criticism is welcome... here’s a young woman I drew over the last couple of days :

Do share yours too! Whether it’s your hobby and passion or you are, like me sort of bored and don’t be shy.

Totally flew under my radar… (Y) Glad you found some creative past time to pursue. It works wonders, I find. Even though I have woefully little time for it.

If I may give you a hint, you should buy yourself a rollerball pen. One that dispenses ink or, even better, gel. You'll find it useful.

Here are some Bees I have been making for people from metal rod and up-cycled kitchen utensils.
The Manchester worker bee is one of the best-known symbols of Manchester and has been an emblem for the city for over 150 years. The bee denotes Mancunians' hard work ethic and the city being a hive of activity. It has also come to represent the sense of unity in our great city.

I have made 40 of these bees so far and have another 45 to complete :)
96081270_233131884585742_4584787647569854464_n.jpg
95452994_280777252942645_7706999614997528576_n.jpg
96075993_830611777434871_9074185922626453504_n.jpg

Do share yours too! Whether it’s your hobby and passion or you are, like me sort of bored and don’t be shy.
I used to have a page on deviantart. Time constraints and a bad case of pedantism kept it from ever amounting to anything, though. (I do like one per year or so.)

d7lxtji-4205faef-1ff3ymjgy.png

d4yrls3-b51f2bbb-17d899kzt.jpg

Kudos to you for having a go at objects and people, by the way. Those are hardest. Way too little room for just winging it (at least for my liking).

Cool! You're selling them or do you give them away as gifts?

I am selling them at present, the photos do not really do them justice. people are happy to pay around $35 and are always very happy when they receive them. Sent 3 to Australia last week :)

Here is one mounted

96756587_3109438142448080_5405990157683785728_o (2).jpg

Kudos to you for having a go at objects and people, by the way. Those are hardest. Way too little room for just winging it (at least for my liking).

Danke, Herr Muck, I really appreciate that you like my mere drawings, and some of you too.

As I said. I’ve never been into any art school, but my father is a painter and he told me when I was young and started drawing I had a bit of talent. What I do is nowhere in his league, but drawing or panting require patience and perseverance. So I’ll keep trying.

Thanks Bombardier for participating as well here.

Danke, Herr Muck, I really appreciate that you like my mere drawings, and some of you too.

As I said. I’ve never been into any art school, but my father is a painter and he told me when I was young and started drawing I had a bit of talent. What I do is nowhere in his league, but drawing or panting require patience and perseverance. So I’ll keep trying.

Thanks Bombardier for participating as well here.
Mo worries mate, personally I like your drawings, raw and honest ?

I used to have a page on deviantart. Time constraints and a bad case of pedantism kept it from ever amounting to anything, though. (I do like one per year or so.)

d7lxtji-4205faef-1ff3ymjgy.png

d4yrls3-b51f2bbb-17d899kzt.jpg

Impressed with them - what size are they? Acrylic?

I have a lot of original artwork - mainly plants - but I do like a nice landscape

Impressed with them - what size are they? Acrylic?

I have a lot of original artwork - mainly plants - but I do like a nice landscape
Thanks, but they were actually done digitally – on a tablet. A cheap one from like 2009, so what you're seeing up there is pretty much as large as the device can go.