Other Post Your drawings, paintings and « art » in general

For the first time in godknowshowlong I went on deviantart to find some inspiration recently... and was immediately put-off by the new design asking me to "chose" my pronouns, followed by a prompt inviting me to draw something on Black Lives Matters.

Well following that logic and the madness in the world today, the color « white » should also be erased from drawings and paintings.

Weird time to live

For the first time in godknowshowlong I went on deviantart to find some inspiration recently... and was immediately put-off by the new design asking me to "chose" my pronouns,
Seriously though, Deviantart is now emblematic of the state of the internet and the corporate world in 2020.

The update that lets you "chose" your pronouns also brought about a convoluted mess of a new layout that's quite literally unusable.

And this is not the nitpicking of a conservative who hates new things.

They removed all popular and useful functions from the old layout, and replaced them with bunch of pointless and unpopular new functions which are so buggy they can't even be used. And they forced the new design despite so poor a reception they had to delay the introduction and tease bringing in a button to switch to the old layout. (A button that disappeared in due time, of course.)

It's literally the most user-unfriendly layout I've seen in the 25 years I've been using the internet. You can get lost in there. People who use the platform to earn a living say they're going broke, the site is bleeding visitors and members like hard, there are petitions to ditch the new thing… but at least they're woke, am I right?

And the one above her would be Lady Gaga. I tried.

Last drawing to date, took me 20 minutes. Maybe I am slowly but surely improving. I’m never too happy with them anyway...

8-EB985-A3-A1-D7-4173-9026-1-F2-EBEA40-C51.jpg

I have not been drawing for many years, until the last year when I did this little thing. Almost forgot how relaxing drawing can be.

DZ4if4e.jpg

Last post/drawing from me was in May this year so I’ll revive this thread again with a mermaid or at least her face:

BBAA25-DC-F892-46-B7-9490-1048-B1-B626-A7.jpg

All very good Jake.....in spite of your self-deprecation, they all have a look to them as if you've captured there thought-emotion-and thoughtful pose. Nice job!

Thank you kindly!