Politics Gun laws and news around the world

I look forward to you whining yet again next time something happens that is passed by 50.0000005% of the population that you disagree with.

And a reminder: I've lived all over the world, you seem to have been scared to leave Germany.

There are many things I'm personally not happy with but in opposition to you I've actually understood and are willing to accept how a proper democracy works. That's why you won't see me "whining" about such things. I maybe disagree with certain decisions but I'm able to get over it because I understand the benefits of such a system.

Why should I move elsewhere if I'm totally fine living here?

President Trump Signs Bill Making It Easier to Build, Maintain Public Ranges
President Donald Trump recently signed a measure backed by pro-gun groups to increase the number of shooting ranges available on public land. The bipartisan proposal, H.R.1222, was introduced in February and passed in a voice vote in April while the Senate likewise approved a similar bill earlier this year.

Currently, states looking to begin work on public shooting ranges must match federal government grant funds to the tune of 25 cents on the dollar. The range bill signed by Trump this month drops the matching formula to 90/10 while also allowing funds to accrue for up to five years – up from two.

Now law, the move tweaks the Pittman-Robertson Wildlife Restoration Act. This 80-year-old law uses an 11 percent excise tax levied on all guns and ammo commercially sold or imported into the country to perform conservation-related tasks such as restoring habitat, funding hunter safety programs and establishing public ranges. Paid for by firearms industry manufacturers, conservation officials announced over $670 million in Pittman-Robertson funds would be available to states this year alone.

The change, which has been proposed in one form or another no less than 29 different times over the past 14 years, was a top priority for the gun industry’s trade group.

Appreciate Trump doing more for the gun community after the backstabbing on bump stocks. This and the lawsuit against NY may change my opinion of the man in regards to the 2A...maybe.

There are many things I'm personally not happy with but in opposition to you I've actually understood and are willing to accept how a proper democracy works. That's why you won't see me "whining" about such things. I maybe disagree with certain decisions but I'm able to get over it because I understand the benefits of such a system.

Hah ha ha ha ha hah ha! Yes, that's why you've spent the last two years posting whines about Trump, Brexit and other such democratic decisions.

Why should I move elsewhere if I'm totally fine living here?

You can remain small minded, provincial and parochial all you want. It shows.

“Travel is fatal to bigotry, prejudices and narrow mindedness” once wrote Mark Twain...

The thing is, we Europeans are perfectly fine with those Germans staying in their country, and I’m not talking Wehrmacht but the damned socks and sandals thing.

Hah ha ha ha ha hah ha! Yes, that's why you've spent the last two years posting whines about Trump, Brexit and other such democratic decisions.

That's why I wrote "proper". The USA doesn't counts as that in my book thanks to the antiquated Electoral College system which actually deprived the majority of their votes. I never talked that much about the Brexit. If the majority of the people want to leave the EU then so be it. If I said anything about it then I was pointing out the negative consequences for both sides and the related clusterfuck. That you don't know this shows how much attention you actually pay.

You can remain small minded, provincial and parochial all you want. It shows.

I'm everything else than small minded. It's actually quite the opposite and it shows in many of my posts I'd say. Fact is I'm actually quite interested in other countries, their people, landscape, culture and so one and surely know more about "the world" than you. But that doesn't means that I've to move somewhere else. Like said I'm fine here and for example don't need to look for better job opportunities elsewhere.

That's why I wrote "proper". The USA doesn't counts as that in my book thanks to the antiquated Electoral College system which actually deprived the majority of their votes. I never talked that much about the Brexit. If the majority of the people want to leave the EU then so be it. If I said anything about it then I was pointing out the negative consequences for both sides and the related clusterfuck. That you don't know this shows how much attention you actually pay.

Oh I give you all the attention you deserve.

I'm everything else than small minded. It's actually quite the opposite and it shows in many of my posts I'd say. Fact is I'm actually quite interested in other countries, their people, landscape, culture and so one and surely know more about "the world" than you. But that doesn't means that I've to move somewhere else. Like said I'm fine here and for example don't need to look for better job opportunities elsewhere.

Of course you do, you're a living example of a very special education. Your every post shows how well you know the rest of the world.

3D-printed guns are back, and this time they are unstoppable

A new network of 3D-printed gun advocates is growing in America – and this time things are different. Unlike previous attempts to popularise 3D-printed guns, this operation is entirely decentralised. There’s no headquarters, no trademarks, and no real leader. The people behind it reckon that this means they can’t be stopped by governments.

“If they [the government] were to come after me, they’d first have to find my identity,” says Ivan the Troll, a member of the group. “I’m one of many, many like-minded individuals who’re doing this sort of work.”

Known only by his online moniker, Ivan the Troll is the de facto spokesman of an underground wave of 3D-printing gunsmiths. Ivan says he knows of at least 100 people who are actively developing 3D-printed gun technology, and he claims there are thousands taking part in the network. This loose-knit community spans across the whole world.

They communicate across several digital platforms, including Signal, Twitter, IRC, and Discord. They critique each other's work, exchange 3D gun CAD files, offer advice, talk theory, and collaborate on future blueprints. These 3D-printed gun enthusiasts – who share similar ideas and political viewpoints on gun control – mostly found each other online via gun control subreddits and forums.
For Ivan’s group, Deterrence Dispensed, none of this is relevant. They’re uploading these files individually on services such as Spee.ch, a media-hosting site underpinned by the LBRY blockchain, and they aren’t waiting for anyone to give them permission. They’ve made their own 3D-printed gun designs, modified old ones, and are keeping all the Defence Distributed ones available for free too.

“Even if there was no government telling me I couldn’t do this, I think that I would still do it,” Ivan says. “Some people get a kick out of video games, I like spending hours and hours drawing stuff on CAD.”

Ivan isn’t just “drawing stuff on CAD” though. He’s providing free files to help anyone with a half-decent FDM (Fused Deposition Modeling) 3D printer and some hand tools to make a workable handgun. Once the CAD file is downloaded, it’s opened in a “slicer” program that translates the CAD files into instructions that the 3D printer can understand. Once the 3D-printed gun parts are ready, they can be assembled into a fully workable gun.

The CAD gun designs put out by Deterrence Dispensed are so well-made, according to Ivan, that they’re not just “workable”, but superior. “Our AR15 CAD model is the best in the public domain without a doubt,” says Ivan.
As of now, Ivan the Troll, Deterrence Dispensed, and the thousands many more 3D-printed gun enthusiasts connected to each other worldwide, have essentially let the cat out the bag. There is no way to stop the anonymous file sharing of 3D-printed guns online. Whether they’re just pretending to be doing this for reasons of liberty or otherwise, their message is clear: it’s already too late to stop.

A pretty good article from the Wired about 3D guns and it also shows that the genie is out of the bottle and there's no way to stop the millions of 3D printed gun plans that are being sent everywhere on the internet at this moment.

That being said, you don't even need an expensive 3D printer nor industrial metalworking tools to make open bolt machine pistols and rifles:

Last edited:
Oh I give you all the attention you deserve.

Considering that this is obviously ment ironic you're spending quite some time addressing me. The problem is that you don't know enough about me or don't pay enough attention to details as shown already. I remember very well that you for example called me a "millenial" over at themess while I'm acutally born in 1977.

Of course you do, you're a living example of a very special education. Your every post shows how well you know the rest of the world.

You don't know much if anything at all about my parental, school or job education and also nothing about my general education. Except for some snippets that I post here and there maybe. So stop hanging yourself out of the window with your assessments that far. To me you seem to be just a grumpy old man that can't take it that a younger person with different opinions is standing up to you and addressing what he thinks is wrong with your small minded conservative world view.

Only 1 MP in NZ voted against the new gun laws that were pushed through in parliament. The PM goes around saying this is her nuclear free moment.
While not totally unexpected as our gun lobby was unsupported we now have even more draconian gun laws than the Aussies.
Highly embarrassing.

A mate attented a National Party(NZ opposition party usually conservative) meeting, more to come apparently....They are going after collectors as well as a registration. Having already voted to ban sporting shooters with "AR" type its not looking hopeful.

Last edited:
How ironic, Marsch whines about TheKiwi's opinion, yet feels compelled to give his own..... after whining.

One or the other Marsch.

Marsch, lol

Texas House approves bill allowing handgun owners to carry weapons in places of worship
The Texas House on Monday reportedly gave preliminary approval for a bill that would allow licensed handgun owners to carry weapons inside places of worship.

The legislation would roll back current Texas law that states handguns are not allowed in “churches, synagogues, or other places of worship," The Texas Tribune reported.

The measure has already been passed by the Texas Senate and will need final approval in the state House before it is sent to the desk of Gov. Greg Abbott (R), it added.

“The existing statute is confusing and clunky and has kept law-abiding Texans from exercising their Second [Amendment] rights where those with evil intentions have tragically targeted innocent lives,” state Sen. Donna Campbell (R), who introduced the bill in the state Senate, told the Tribune in a statement. “This bill provides clarity of the Legislature's intent to treat churches and houses of worship in the same manner as other privately owned establishments in Texas.”

Good.

FEDERAL JUDGE DENIES MOTION TO DISMISS SAF/NRA I-1639 COURT CHALLENGE
BELLEVUE, WA – A U.S. District Court judge in Tacoma has denied a motion by defendants to dismiss a federal lawsuit challenging Washington State’s gun control Initiative 1639, ruling that law-abiding gun owners and firearms retailers do not have to violate the law and risk punishment in order to challenge infringements of the Second Amendment.

SAF and NRA are joined by two gun dealers, one in Spokane and the other in Clark County, plus four young adults who are directly affected by provisions of the initiative.

U.S. District Court Judge Ronald B. Leighton handed down the decision.

“The long delay is over,” said SAF founder and Executive Vice President Alan M. Gottlieb. “The important aspects of the motion to dismiss have been denied. Just as important, the judge’s ruling treats the Second Amendment as any other fundamental individual right that is constitutionally protected.”

The federal lawsuit challenges provisions of the controversial, multi-faceted initiative on the grounds that it violates the commerce clause by banning sales of rifles to non-residents, and that it unconstitutionally impairs the rights guaranteed by the First, Second and Fourteenth Amendments, and Article I Section 24 of the Washington State constitution by preventing the sale of certain rifles to otherwise qualified adults under age 21.

What's especially good is that the 9th Circuit Appeals Court that covers Washington just got another Conservative Judge appointed by Trump. So the 9th Court, the most anti-gun court ever, might have a pro-gun ruling.

….

You don't know much if anything at all about my parental, school or job education and also nothing about my general education. ...

I know from your postings that you are to knowledge what homeopathy is to medicine. The less you know, the more loudly you shout what an expert you are.

Nobody should get offended, the majority voted for it and it is what democracy is all about. For the rest of us who have no say on our gun laws, then it is up to us to resist. My country lived through gun confiscation under martial law, though we allow the government to restrain some of our gun rights, most just ignore it.

It is up to the people to accept it or not.

FYI, most westerners get this wrong but it's not gun confiscation then tyranny, it is always tyranny first then gun confiscation.
True Democracy is mob rule. The tyranny of the majority. That's why our Founders established the United States as a Constitutional Republic, to protect the rights of the minority. Works great. All the Einsteins complaining about what Madison, Jefferson, Adams et.al. did in establishing our form of government, including how important our Electoral College is, are merely institutionalizing stupidity.

^ I wouldn't use the latter meme if I were you. It suggests that you think abortion is a constitutional right on equal footing with the second amemdment, doesn't it?

obviously not aware of your posting history over at themess. :cool:

As opposite to yours, I suppose, whose almost every post is ripe with irritating behavior?

Generally speaking, the "tyranny of the majority" is a bad thing for a society, regardless of which way it goes.

That's how you get urban dwellers who think "farmers shouldn't kill animals, they can get meat from the supermarket" voting on how farmers should farm.

I agree, but what would you do about it? There's nothing that can be done about it, except negating the basic tenets of democracy. If those who'll end up in the minority fail to convince enough voters to form a majority with, they'll have to suck it up.

And we had best not complain too loudly. Off the top of my head I could name you ten milestone elections and referenda that went "my" way, and resulted in me telling others to shut up and respect the majority vote.

This is an ultimatum from Brussels, do as we say or we cut you off. This is why I deeply dislike the EU.

So, I take it you deeply dislike your own country as well, as it's been issuing similar and as harsher ultimata on a weekly basis for God know's how long – even on issues far beyond its own jurisdiction and pertaining to but its distant economical interests?

For instance, by what right does the US government threaten to impose sanctions and arrest foreign nationals over a pipeline project in the Baltic Sea? The answer is: By the right of wishing to sell American-produced liquefied petrol gas to Europe.

Your government is like: You'll eat what I want, even at your own dinner table. In contrast, the EU merely told Switzerland: If you want to continue to dine at my table, you'll have to eat what I serve. I'm not saying they're right on the issue at hand, but I am saying: If you join a club, you'll have to play by the club's rules. That's not news, nor is it immoral.

No offense, but you're hypocritical on this. The weakness of your argument in this particular case aside, either you're okay with "[insert name] first!", or you're not.

You probably do not know this, but Switzerland and the EU have an arbitration committee and settle their issues amicably. The Swiss have rejected some of Brussel's proposals in the past, and what came of it? Compromises and adjournments. The fact that it didn't came to a compromise in this case only goes to show that, for whatever reason, stricter gun laws already had a majority in Switzerland.

^ I wouldn't use the latter meme if I were you. It suggests that you think abortion is a constitutional right on equal footing with the second amemdment, doesn't it?
Agreed. The point being that abortion was ruled as a Constitutional right by the SCOTUS after they had determined that a fetus was not a human being. On that basis, and on that basis alone, Roe v. Wade was decided, hence the autistic screeching concern from the left over a strict adherence to the Constitution. Yes, I disagree with that, but until the SCOTUS rules that a human being is a human being, that is the law.

The one "dissenting" vote in NZ was from a libertarian. That was brave of him. Apparently liberty is becoming rare in NZ.
Yes...... but also unfortunately for him he also spent too much time grandstanding to the media to force the debate into parliamentary urgency, which was a token gesture anyway, but was a bit of an own goal on his part.