Politics German dog laws

bfc1001

Mi General
MI.Net Member
TheMess.Net

Not a dog owner but as a non dog owner this has got to be one of the most ludicrous laws I've ever heard of .#doglivesmatter .

I can sort of agree with it . To be honest I really doubt town life is any life for a dog. But many treat them like royalty so I suppose that's not a bad life.
Its the human muts that have no idea about dog care that let everyone else down.

Politicians love laws like these since they're easy to get through parliament, cheap to implement and diverting all attention from the subject at hand –whether the issue has truly been resolved or not. (Which is often the bill's sole purpose.)

All at the risk of infringing on the rights of the individual, drowning public servants in red tape – and even at the risk of creating a whole host of new problems.

Many elderly people wouldn't be able to legally own dogs under that law, what about them?

What about animals that have an entire beautiful garden to themselves and don't need much dog-walking?

What about old animals? Heck, my last dog lived till age seventeen and during the last two years of his life long walks were absolutely not an option.

Wouldn't it be better (just as an example) to restrict the selling of certain breeds to certain kinds of customers (i.e. physically active ones)? Animal shelters follow that policy anyway. Sad as it is in some cases, they're not going to give a Husky pup to some frail pensioner who can't take the thing out enough.

Laws passed, impossible to control. As you say Muck, cheap political shot.

That being said, dogs require care and time. Many professionals argue that even if you have a garden, you should walk your dog because he needs stimulation that being alone in a garden can't compensate.

Interesting about older people who might have issues with these regulations...it's never some old womans or mans dog that seems agitated,unruly or agressive. You get a feeling that a pup turns as old as his owner in a matter of weeks.

Trouble comes from younger people including some who push their dogs to be real psychos and a threat to the community. Dog races have an impact but the owner much more.

Personally I would love a dog, but for the moment we cannot free the necessary time to take care of one so I am left to envy other people.

The BBC has good dog welfare show on SPCA rescues. Typical British whom inherantly do love their pets more than any race but just watch that show and some of them without doubt should never own an animal.

The BBC has good dog welfare show on SPCA rescues. Typical British whom inherantly do love their pets more than any race but just watch that show and some of them without doubt should never own an animal.

Better than it used to be . I do remember the old dog warden vans hunting for stray dogs and trust me when I say this , the streets were paved with dog s**t . Disgusting .

Non-enforceable is right. How could you tell if the dog had been walked twice during the day? A mandatory *dog log*?

No worries about me walking the dog - I need the exercise, too. I don't put her on a leash for that. We hike public hunting areas where she runs free and enjoys herself immensely. Then back to town for breakfast!

My bloodhound was a rescue - some fool bought a littler of bloodhounds but sent them to be destroyed when she learned they weren't registered with the American Kennel Club. Older daughter got wind of that, and we took the last one. She's family forever now.

We donate to a cat rescue. She does it voluntarily in her own home. There are some real good sorts out there, her place has a lounge full of strays.. Neutering has been the best animal welfare tool they use. All the cats get neutered before getting fostered. The final best solution.