Politics All Things Trump

With the Bitter anti trumpers in the media ... How can they still peddle Trump is a racist card when he gave Tiger the Presidential Medal of Freedom ...for services to Golf ...

Even before Trump decided to even run for the top job . He never was ever accused be it by anyone on the Celebrity Circuit or by any of the vast employee's that work at many of his places .. until the day he decided to run for the White House .

Posting the TYT .. Who are clearly bitter from the get go at Trump .. Cenk had a major Meltdown on election night as did the rest of the presenters including that bitter boot ..

They are a bunch of leftie commie arselickers ..

Why shoot the messenger? The whole thing actually was aired on your beloved Fox News.

Besides that they aren't commies. Like I've said elsewhere. Every time something goes in a more social direction guys like you see red flags flying.

The Chicoms have clearly targeted US farmers as a political tactic. If Trump doesn't lose his will and he won't, the Chicoms will lose badly. There is no other possible outcome.

At the moment it's the farmers and others that are losing and that's due to the orange disgrace in office not understanding what trade deficit is and his implementation of tariffs that are now backfiring galore.

Why shoot the messenger? The whole thing actually was aired on your beloved Fox News.

Besides that they aren't commies. Like I've said elsewhere. Every time something goes in a more social direction guys like you see red flags flying.

At the moment it's the farmers and others that are losing and that's due to the orange disgrace in office not understanding what trade deficit is and his implementation of tariffs that are now backfiring galore.

How on earth is he a disgrace He figures speaks for themselves ..

.. I would rather have him as FM ..of Scotland than the current retard that is FM Nicola Sturgeon .. Her idea of independence is being ruled by the scum EU . She and others who have publicy shown Allegiance to the EU should all be arrested for treason and shot ..

Which figures are you talking about? Must be the ones that he inherited from Obama because the ones you can attribute to his actions actually suck overwhelmingly.

I don't know that much about your FM and Scottish politics in general but this also isn't the topic here.

-----

On an other note. Thanks to Trump the USA seems to be on the way to lose some of it's closest and most loyal European allies.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

That's not true. The tariffs are hurting the Chicoms immensely. It's driving manufacturers out of China. It's cratering it's stock market. It's hurting the Chinese economy. The Chinese have run out of American goods to tariff. Trump hasn't even put the full squeeze on China........yet.

China is hoping that a patsy like Biden will win in 2020, so they can go back to their thieving ways. It's not going to happen. Trump holds all the cards. And it's about time the Chinese dictators were held to account.

Yes, they're hurting them but they can hold out for a long, long time. The question is why do you address China in your answer when the issue at hand is clearly about the US side? Did you even watched the video or the full Fox interview? Do you understand that your farmers have lost a market that they presumably won't have access to for quite some time now and that they simply can't turn to somewhere else because there is no other buyer for their stuff?

-----

On an other note. The first Republican (J. Amash, R-Mich.) has officially called for Trump's impeachment. Seems the guy has actually read the full Mueller report and understands the implications of it. He clearly thinks Trump obstructed justice and has to be removed and that guy is a "Tea Party" Rep.

Yes, they're hurting them but they can hold out for a long, long time. The question is why do you address China in your answer when the issue at hand is clearly about the US side? Did you even watched the video or the full Fox interview? Do you understand that your farmers have lost a market that they presumably won't have access to for quite some time now and that they simply can't turn to somewhere else because there is no other buyer for their stuff?

-----

On an other note. The first Republican (J. Amash, R-Mich.) has officially called for Trump's impeachment. Seems the guy has actually read the full Mueller report and understands the implications of it. He clearly thinks Trump obstructed justice and has to be removed and that guy is a "Tea Party" Rep.

As a matter of fact, I did see that piece the day it aired. We will have to agree to disagree here.

If you are saying that the issue is on the US side because finally we have a leader with balls, who will not accept China's theft of IP, forcing any business that opens up in China to be a minority partner with a government run company, with the hand over of all their plans and technology, etc., etc., then I agree. That is a US issue and someone is finally taking it seriously.

And China can hold out forever if they wish. In the meantime their markets plummet, and wealth streams out on daily basis. They have an economy built like a house of cards. They have half the GNP of the US with 3 times the population. Heaven help the fascist dictators when a few hundred million peasants don't have enough food to eat and realize how the millionaires and billionaires live in the cities.

The US hold all the cards and Trump knows it. The Chicoms need to realize that Trump is not Obama/Bush/Clinton. He is their worse nightmare. They are praying that one of the 24 dem shitforbrains running for President in 2020, will win.

Last edited:
The main issue isn't IP theft or the junior partner thing but the trade deficit and Trump doesn't seems to understand how it works and thinks slapping more and more tariffs on foreign goods will somehow even it out. I'm not going to defend China as I'm also not a fan of their policies but these tariffs clearly don't work to your favor and the farmers are just the tip of the iceberg here. There are more and more countries and foreign companies looking for other markets and business partners thanks to the current policies comming out of the White House. There are simply too many uncertainties related to them. Like said if you've lost a market it's very difficult to change that because the space will be taken by others. You can talk all you want about China's GDP and what not but that's infact just deflection trying to avoid the real issue at hand. The USA doesn't holds all the cards like you say and the farmer example clearly shows this.

If there is another tool that can be used to force the Chinese to trade fairly, other than tariffs, I'd like to hear about it.

The main reason for the tariffs isn't "fair trade" but the trade deficit and this is something that comes naturally if a country is exporting (selling) more to an other one while importing (buying) less from said one. Trying to counter this with tariffs simply doesn't or only works in a very limited manner and that's what Trump isn't getting. A country like Germany for example is exporting more to the USA than it's importing from there. This has mainly something to do with the kind of produced goods and the request for them but also things like population size. To expect that our both countries will ever have a balanced trade outcome is like hoping that a second sun will appear in our solar system. It simply won't happen.

The irony of the EU criticising other nations for tariffs would be hilarious if it wasn't so sad and pathetic.

The main reason for the tariffs isn't "fair trade" but the trade deficit and this is something that comes naturally if a country is exporting (selling) more to an other one while importing (buying) less from said one. Trying to counter this with tariffs simply doesn't or only works in a very limited manner and that's what Trump isn't getting. A country like Germany for example is exporting more to the USA than it's importing from there. This has mainly something to do with the kind of produced goods and the request for them but also things like population size. To expect that our both countries will ever have a balanced trade outcome is like hoping that a second sun will appear in our solar system. It simply won't happen.

Again, not true and you miss the point. But as I said, we'll agree to disagree.

The only way China wins is if the US surrenders. And that ain't gonna happen with Trump.

What is not true?

The tariffs arent only applied to Chinese goods.

Trump has repeatedly promised to lower America's trade deficit, and has argued for a renegotiation of trade deals and imposition of tariffs to that end. These efforts notwithstanding, during 2018 the trade deficit continued to increase.

In November 2018, Trump argued that the tariffs enriched the United States. He said that the United States was gaining "Billions of Dollars" from "Tariffs being charged to China". He added, "If companies don’t want to pay Tariffs, build in the U.S.A. Otherwise, lets just make our Country richer than ever before!" Fact-checkers and economists described the assertions made by Trump as false, with the Associated Press writing "Almost all economists say the president is wrong. That’s because tariffs are taxes on imports. They can cause higher prices, reduce trade among countries and hurt overall economic growth as a result."

Source: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Trump_tariffs

I'd suggest that you read the whole article.

I'd rather trust the vice president of the National Farmers Union and she's painting a different picture like the video I've posted on the last page shows.

I saw this interview today with Steve Bannon and Tom Friedman on the US vs China trade war and thought about this thread. It's a bit long, but required viewing if you are interested in this topic.

Last edited:
Wait until China stop selling rare earth to the USA. Going to be funny for US technology manufacturer.
Xi just made a trip to visit one of the biggest chinese rare earth exporter.

Rare Earths aren't that rare. They're only rare compared to the likes of Iron or Bauxite.

What they are is messy to extract and process which is why it's typically outsourced to the third world these days. However the Chinese have tried that Rare Earth control behaviour before in the early 2000's and it backfired on them, mines were reopened elsewhere and the price actually dropped.

They'd be dumb to try anything like that again - not that this rules it out or anything.