Politics All Things Trump

1000037174.webp

Did anyone here genuinely expect the head of the Secret Service would accept responsibility and resign?
Yes. This was a colossal failure on every level. And this is how conspiracy theories start. It is shocking when what people assume are "professionals" fail at this level. The fact that she has not been immediately fired makes people ponder.

I don't want to flame someone in a stressful situation, but that sort of thing should be "muscle memory". It's like it's the first time she's ever handled her weapon. I understand that Cheatle took the regulars off of Trump for a "Dr" Jill event.

I'm just back from my pilgrimage in Lourdes, where I opted to cut myself from any news. So, this assassination is news to me and old stuff for you. My reaction to the video of the attempted murder is double : I am not surprised this took place, given the level of hate directed at Donald Trump (some opponents even letting guess they'd approve any way to take him out. And I am impressed by his defiant reaction : 1 minute after the shot, when the Secret Service allowed him to stand up, he got back to the podium and pumped his fist.
At any rate, best wished for a speedy recovery and a return to decency in the political debate. Good Lord...

Yet the roofs were still not covered and also a water tower..

Well, can they be blamed though. […]
Well, fair enough. Good point.
Having said that, with @surfpunk I sometimes get the impression he's not actually reading the comments to which he replies.
Yes. This was a colossal failure on every level. And this is how conspiracy theories start. It is shocking when what people assume are "professionals" fail at this level. The fact that she has not been immediately fired makes people ponder.
Call me jaded, then. :D Plus, why should she be willing to face the music? She works for someone who's in constant denial of the truth himself. The very least Joe Biden should do is renounce his candidacy for another term.
I don't want to flame someone in a stressful situation, but that sort of thing should be "muscle memory". It's like it's the first time she's ever handled her weapon.
In my humble opinion, what we see here is the nervousness of someone who knows they're responsible for a major cock-up.

In my humble opinion, what we see here is the nervousness of someone who knows they're responsible for a major cock-up.

To me it looks like an adrenaline brain fog. You do ok in training, but when it gets real and there is blood and high stress, your hands start shaking, your thoughts go all around the place and you are moving around nervously trying to do something useful, but are actually just in the way.

To me it looks like an adrenaline brain fog. You do ok in training, but when it gets real and there is blood and high stress, your hands start shaking, your thoughts go all around the place and you are moving around nervously trying to do something useful, but are actually just in the way.
"You fight like you've trained to fight." Which strongly points out she hasn't trained for high stress situations or failed the training and was allowed to keep the job since she's a DEI hire.

"You fight like you've trained to fight." Which strongly points out she hasn't trained for high stress situations or failed the training and was allowed to keep the job since she's a DEI hire.
No doubt her ruck was lighter than those of the superior male candidates.

But that's no problem right because the enemy adheres to social justice standards.

Right? 🥴