Other Post Random Sports News

There’s one incident, and calling it an incident would be an understatement was the Hillsborough disaster actually, leaving near a hundred dead and hundreds more wounded.

I remember it though I was a kid reading some newspaper and the utter shock of seeing photos of many women who had been pushed onto the stadiums barrier by a horde of drunken idiots hooligans.

Though the Sun for instance falsely reported that the Hooligans picked the pocket of the victims and so forth, or prevented the medics and ambulance to revive the victims. I don’t think it went that far.

A terrible day, not only for Sheffield or England but for this Sport overall.

There’s one incident, and calling it an incident would be an understatement was the Hillsborough disaster actually, leaving near a hundred dead and hundreds more wounded.

I remember it though I was a kid reading some newspaper and the utter shock of seeing photos of many women who had been pushed onto the stadiums barrier by a horde of drunken idiots hooligans.

Though the Sun for instance falsely reported that the Hooligans picked the pocket of the victims and so forth, or prevented the medics and ambulance to revive the victims. I don’t think it went that far.

A terrible day, not only for Sheffield or England but for this Sport overall.
You are probably too young to remember Liverpool scum pushing over a wall in a stadium and killing a load of Italian supporters

I was in Liverpool that night, and they were celebrating in the street - they are scum of the lowest order

Hillsborough was exactly the same, but Blue on Blue (or red on red) - loads of idiots without tickets forcing their way into a football stadium
I feel sorry for the police as they took the blame - when in my opinion there was only one group of people culpable

Do you see a common theme here......................

On a lighter note

60678-48259d3c-5229-461d-9a2b-4165918a6cb6.jpg

You are probably too young to remember Liverpool scum pushing over a wall in a stadium and killing a load of Italian supporters

I was in Liverpool that night, and they were celebrating in the street - they are scum of the lowest order

Hillsborough was exactly the same, but Blue on Blue (or red on red) - loads of idiots without tickets forcing their way into a football stadium
I feel sorry for the police as they took the blame - when in my opinion there was only one group of people culpable

Do you see a common theme here......................

On a lighter note

View attachment 388414

Come on Ingerland, score some goals!

Banter aside, it seems to have been a combination of mishaps and missteps this final.

Basically you had some suburban train union strike (uh oh, yes that’s France).
A number of Liverpools fans trying to sneak in the stadium as said before.
The city where the stadium is located is north of Paris (Saint Denis) and is known to be quite the ghetto. Lot of thugs showed up to rob or cause troubles.

Many Liverpool fans or other French folks willing to watch the game were denied entrance for nearly an hour and that’s unacceptable.

Lots of fake tickets and scams too around the stadium.

I get that Liverpool and their supporters aren’t the best, brightest there is, but the whole organization from the French authorities (police, the UEFA and the French football authorities) just sucked.

They better get their S**t together as Paris is hosting the next Rugby World Cup in 2023, and the Summer Olympics in 2024. It’s not fair for hundreds of thousand of foreigners to be held hostage by the French railway unions, or to be gassed by French police because of supposed troubles.

Last edited:
Banter aside, it seems to have been a combination of mishaps and missteps this final.

Basically you had some suburban train union strike (uh oh, yes that’s France).
A number of Liverpools fans trying to sneak in the stadium as said before.
The city where the stadium is located is north of Paris (Saint Denis) and is known to be quite the ghetto. Lot of thugs showed up to rob or cause troubles.

Many Liverpool fans or other French folks willing to watch the game were denied entrance for nearly an hour and that’s unacceptable.

Lots of fake tickets and scams too around the stadium.

I get that Liverpool and their supporters aren’t the best, brightest there is, but the whole organization from the French authorities (police, the UEFA and the French football authorities) just sucked.

They better get their S**t together as Paris is hosting the next Rugby World Cup in 2023, and the Summer Olympics in 2024. It’s not fair for hundreds of thousand of foreigners to be held hostage by the French railway unions, or to be gassed by French police because of supposed troubles.
60719-0cc99448-b816-4070-a6e0-530606041680.jpg

Will doing squats increase testosterone?

In fact squats are so intense that they trigger the release of testosterone and HIGH (human growth hormone) in your body, which are both vital for muscle growth and helping to improve muscle mass throughout other areas of your body aside from your legs.

Was watching video of American bow hunter/writer Cam Hanes and he claimed running up hill with massive rock in the pack increased testosterone.

The Tour de France has started today in Copenhagen, I like that they had chosen a Scandinavian country for the start. No one make chauvinist comments anymore that it should start here instead, but I like that it triggers some anyway.

It was a difficult beginning. Rough conditions today for them, rain on a ~8 mile time trial thru city streets, Avg speed 30-32 mph, lots of painted lines to be weary of...

@NebrHogger

Stage 2 was a regular demolition derby! Crashes left and right! Crossing that windy bridge must have been a real b*tch.

On the latest on the Tour, as an update; Danish rider Vingegaard had surpassed pretty much everyone today to win the last mountain stage of the race in the Pyrenees at Hautacam, with a comfortable advance of near 4 minutes on the second Slovenian Pogacar who was also great those past three weeks but faced someone even stronger.

He should win next Sunday on the Champs-Elysées, last big stage is a time trial in and around the lovely town of Rocamadour.

Nicely done of the Tour team and boss to have chosen Copenhagen for the start of this year edition and a Dane is most likely winning it.

Would expect quite a crowd painted in red and white in Paris Sunday then. ??

England win the Women's European Cup. As a non-football fan, I did my usual thing of the only ever watching games if England make it through to the knockout stages of a major tournament - glad I did though.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

The Tour de France has started today in Copenhagen, I like that they had chosen a Scandinavian country for the start. No one make chauvinist comments anymore that it should start here instead, but I like that it triggers some anyway.

It was a difficult beginning. Rough conditions today for them, rain on a ~8 mile time trial thru city streets, Avg speed 30-32 mph, lots of painted lines to be weary of...

@NebrHogger

A just reward. Denmark has always had a few great riders in the Peloton, probably beginning with Ole Ritter who in the late 60's set a record for the Mile. Now they have two General Classification winners of the Tour de France!

World Athletics is deeply saddened to hear that marathon world record-holder Kelvin Kiptum died in a road traffic accident on Sunday (11) at the age of 24.

Kiptum’s coach Gervais Hakizimana, who was in the car with the Kenyan distance runner, also died in the accident along Eldoret-Kaptagat Road.

Kiptum was one of the most exciting new prospects to emerge in road running in recent years. He grabbed headlines when he made his marathon debut in December 2022, clocking 2:01:53 to win in Valencia. Less than a year later, in just his third marathon, he smashed the world record with 2:00:35 to win in Chicago.

Reckoned to be a once in a generation talent.

By the Grace of God, stupor bowl 58 is finally over. I was basically in favor of the Chiefs - who did pull the game out at the last second. Didn't care for the halftime show at all - the commercials were quite lame considering what companies had to pay - and play calling by both teams was lackluster.