Other Post Random Sports News

He had two daughters, was known to be likable and charismatic. I won’t speculate on “why” he did this. Some of his close peers mentioned he was also a troubled soul, probably depressed but no somatic illness I heard of.

And now Diego... ah well, he was known for being an outstanding player, but had a turbulent private life and addictions.

Couple from the weekend.

Incredible ending to the rugby league grand final -

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

From yesterdays F1. Take note, he walked away from this.

Bogut just retired, the Olympics getting put out a year was a bridge too far for the big fella. Unfortunate, a bit of a hit to the Boomers medal chances.

Presumably the entire rugby watching world having seen the news that Elliott Daly has somehow been picked for the Lions tour of S.Africa this summer.

200.gif

Willie just pissed his career away. Silly bugger. West Coast will miss him, but young Cameron is looking to be the goods and Tim Kelly half a chance to come back home next year. We should be able to cover him.

Willie eventually got a two year ban. He was due to come back to the club next month to start training and would be able to play in late August.

Now the absolute muppet has been caught with 25g of weed in his pocket going through the airport. Faces the magistrate on Wednesday. I have no idea where this puts him with the AFL...

He got a good behaviour bond. I'd imagine the best thing for him going forward is he comes back to the club, they put him in a program and get him back winning premierships.

Spectator with cardboard sign causes crash and absolute carnage at the Tour de France.

^People (French spectators or any other nationalities really…) are warned enough by the Tour officials to be very careful about leaving the road and some space for the cyclists and every year some idiot manage to trigger a crash.

There are countless examples. I remember about some French spectator taking a photo of a rider leading and about to win in the French alps (was it the Alpe d’Huez?) and make him crash because when you have the eye in the lens you don’t realize the cyclist is about to hit you.

That said the guy in question formally apologized, and the other spectators around insulted him and were close to beat him up for his stupidity… ultimately the rider got back on his bicycle and won.

This guy was just mugging for the camera needed a punch in the face or two. Sadly, I can't find the Tour on TV here - I always watch when it's on.

Finally found it on local TV!

Tour news - more crashes - this time Peter Sagan got hit within sight of the finish line. Alaphillipe in second place by 8 seconds... I'm not sure if the yellow jersey changes hands now.

Tour news:

UAE and Bahrain have poured a ton of money into cycling teams but Quick Step, Lotto and Bora are hanging in there. Nairo Quintana still excels in climbing and wears the polka dot jersey. Sagan and Cavendish are raking in points as usual.

And the fans... still doing anything to be noticed.

Reviving this thread again with a surprising loss for the All Blacks in Paris yesterday evening.

Surprising, or not? Many Kiwis commentators have been criticizing the decision to keep until the Rugby World Cup taking place in France in 2023 their current coach. Also the excuse to play far and abroad hence the teams “fatigue” is according to some not that fair an excuse.

In case you guys weren’t sure, yep the UEFA are morons:

Yup - bias as.................... redraw at 3pm today at least they have the balls to admit they were wrong not like the F1 debacle yesterday
(Hopefully Liverpool will get Man City and exit at this stage as normal)

I don't like Hamilton one little bit, but he was robbed blind - if I was Mercedes I would pull out of F1 for a year or start a rival organization based on a fair set of rules that everyone adhered to

Biased, corrupted, I wouldn’t know and can’t offer any evidences but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Very few people seem to like Hamilton, for little I know about him, I can see why.

Updated re: the Champions League; PSG will play Real Madrid and IMO they can make it.

Whereas Lille is going to play Chelsea, not going to be an easy one, I see no possibility for them to defeat them.

Are you a supporter of a specific English football club, BCNTM?

Biased, corrupted, I wouldn’t know and can’t offer any evidences but it wouldn’t surprise me.

Very few people seem to like Hamilton, for little I know about him, I can see why.

Updated re: the Champions League; PSG will play Real Madrid and IMO they can make it.

Whereas Lille is going to play Chelsea, not going to be an easy one, I see no possibility for them to defeat them.

Are you a supporter of a specific English football club, BCNTM?
Man U through and through - used to go and see them when they were not a successful team

Everyone else I knew supported either Derby County, Notts Forrest or scummy Liverpool as they were winning everything at the time

We had a good run of 20 odd years or so before the Ruski and Arab money moved in