Other Post Random Sports News

So the Champions League and the semi tonight between Olympique Lyonnais vs Bayern München

The one who wins tonight will join the Parisians of PSG, Neymar and Mbappé for a finale.

I believe Bayern wins tonight but I’d have loved a 100% French CL Finale too.

Jimmy Anderson just became the first fast bowler to take 600 test wickets, sadly happened in an empty ground so no crowd to appreciate it.

Joined Warne, Muralitheran and Kumble at 600 plus, but they're of course all spinners.

Good for Australia ?? on the Tour:

(From BBC)
Posted at 17:3817:38
BREAKING
Ewan wins stage three

Tremendous timing!
Australian Caleb Ewan times his sprint to perfection and snatches victory on stage three in Sisteron.

Got talking to an old mate tonight and random sports stuff came up (Which is odd, because I'm not a massive sports guy) and I mentioned Mike Tindall unnecessarily dumping George Gregan in the world cup final.

And he's now related to the Queen. Brilliant.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

As long as it's a sports thread, I'm a Tour de France fan. This year it took a while to figure out team Skye changed their name and Chris Froome crashed early. Also noticed the Columbian, Nairo Quintana is still hanging in there.

But the drunken spectators are something else. Anything to get their face on camera for the folks back home.

Former Australian cricketer Dean Jones has died of a heart attack in India aged 59.

Jones was in the country to commentate on the Indian Premier League, with Indian TV network Star Sports announcing his death in a statement.

"It is with great sadness that we share the news of the passing away of Mr Dean Mervyn Jones AM," a statement from Star India said.

"He died of a sudden cardiac arrest. We express our deep condolences to his family and stand ready to support them in this difficult time.

Jones, regarded as one of the finest batsmen of his generation and renowned for his swashbuckling attacking flair, played 52 Tests and 164 one-day internationals for Australia in an international career that spanned 10 years between 1984 and 1994.

He scored 3,631 runs in Tests at an average of 46.55 with 11 hundreds and 14 half-centuries and over 6,000 runs in ODIs with seven centuries and 46 fifties.

After his retirement, he worked as a coach and commentator, and was inducted into the Australian Cricket Hall of Fame in 2019.

Australia cricket coach Justin Langer said Jones was one of the great players and personalities in cricket. "What a great player and a great bloke," he said.
"We are shocked and very sad to hear of his passing.

"Deano was a true legend of Australian sport and world cricket, one of the great players and personalities in a golden time for the game. His role in the team's World Cup win in 1987 and the 1989 Ashes under AB [Allan Border] were a huge turning point for Australian cricket.

"His double century in [Chennai] was one of the greatest and most courageous innings of all time."
12700466-3x2-xlarge.jpg

EirOQq3WkAAgdS_

As long as it's a sports thread, I'm a Tour de France fan. This year it took a while to figure out team Skye changed their name and Chris Froome crashed early. Also noticed the Columbian, Nairo Quintana is still hanging in there.

But the drunken spectators are something else. Anything to get their face on camera for the folks back home.

It was a peculiar one, because delayed to September yet interesting because Egan Bernal, the Colombian winner of last year totally lost it for whatever reason this year.

The Slovenian duo Roglic and Pogacar really crushed everyone else. The Giro and Vuelta are also scheduled for October... along with some other classic one-day races.

HIGHLIGHTS: All Blacks v Australia (Auckland)

Didn't catch it, but from all accounts, 6.18 is about 2 times longer than you'd need for a highlights package...

Lay a bloody tackle ya crabs.

End of the six nations this evening. I've always thought in any sport really, if England can't win then I'd rather see Scotland, Wales or Ireland do it than anyone else.
Tonight though, if France beat Ireland, then England win the Six Nations.

Allez les bleus!!

I don't know anything about golf, but this shot appears to be witchcraft.

England played Georgia today - was absolutely a forwards game, just 80 minutes of pushing. England's hooker Jamie George scored a hat-trick which gives you an idea of what kind of game it was.

Thoroughly enjoyed it.

I’m not really that big on Rugby but I have to bring this grim news to this thread, the former French rugby player Christophe Dominici, well known here and abroad for any fans died earlier today of suicide at 48. Jumped off a disaffected building in a burb of Paris.

RIP. He was a man who broke many All Blacks fans hearts in 1999. Among them, mine. I was there for that drubbing we got.