Warfare Israel vs Syria/Russia,Iran/Hizbulla conflict/war

@Mardonius

This probably won’t come off as an utter shock or surprise to you or the rest of Iranians, but what do you think of the Chinese helping out one of your direct enemy in the region producing Ballistic Missiles?

This thread is quite interesting and I’m more a « fence sitter » here. I like Israel and its population as much as I find most Iranians living in the West successful as compared to other Muslims. Okay, you guys are Shiites, and most of your fellow Iranians abroad in the US or Europe aren’t some Joe Kebabs from the corner of the streets either.

I have far more mixed to negative feelings about the Mullahs, however.

Back to what I was linking before but why would the Chinese help out the Saudis more than they would the Iranians? Geopolitical strategy?

@Mardonius

This probably won’t come off as an utter shock or surprise to you or the rest of Iranians, but what do you think of the Chinese helping out one of your direct enemy in the region producing Ballistic Missiles?

This thread is quite interesting and I’m more a « fence sitter » here. I like Israel and its population as much as I find most Iranians living in the West successful as compared to other Muslims. Okay, you guys are Shiites, and most of your fellow Iranians abroad in the US or Europe aren’t some Joe Kebabs from the corner of the streets either.

I have far more mixed to negative feelings about the Mullahs, however.

Back to what I was linking before but why would the Chinese help out the Saudis more than they would the Iranians? Geopolitical strategy?

Money.

The Chinese are willing to work with any party that is willing to pay them for their technological support. No ulterior ideological motives other than to keep all sides in the Middle East happy so that their energy supplies are secure and their new silk road extends all the way to the region.

As for Iran, I don't think they are really bothered by Chinese assistance for the Saudis. It will not alter the military balance in the region.

Satellite imagery from Planet Labs shows the aftermath of yesterday’s Israeli airstrike on the Syrian port of Latakia, which targeted a shipment of arms and munitions.
satelite image aftermath israel latakia1.jpg

satelite image aftermath israel latakia2.jpg

satelite image aftermath israel latakia3.jpg

The attack looks like it was astonishingly precise, striking individual or small groups of containers only.

The ammo used.
amo used israel latakia.jpg

Israeli Military Presents Iran Strike Scenarios, but Can't Say What They'll Achieve​

According to the IDF's assessment, Iran has increased and improved its air defense array over the past years, making an air strike more complex. The Iranians have also managed to significantly increase their arsenal of long-range missiles, which can easily hit any point in Israel. Due to this development, the Israeli military signed several contracts over the past year worth billions of shekels in order to expand and strengthen Israel's air defense.

[...]

This forced the Iranians to transfer munitions in smaller shipments, at times on civilian airline flights, so that Iran’s entrenchment in Syria, as well as Hezbollah's missile array, have been hampered. However, despite the setbacks, the IDF does believe that Hezbollah managed to increase its arsenal of precision missiles.

Israeli Military Presents Iran Strike Scenarios, but Can't Say What They'll Achieve​

According to the IDF's assessment, Iran has increased and improved its air defense array over the past years, making an air strike more complex. The Iranians have also managed to significantly increase their arsenal of long-range missiles, which can easily hit any point in Israel. Due to this development, the Israeli military signed several contracts over the past year worth billions of shekels in order to expand and strengthen Israel's air defense.

[...]

This forced the Iranians to transfer munitions in smaller shipments, at times on civilian airline flights, so that Iran’s entrenchment in Syria, as well as Hezbollah's missile array, have been hampered. However, despite the setbacks, the IDF does believe that Hezbollah managed to increase its arsenal of precision missiles.

So what you're saying is, the airstrikes are having the desired effect.

So what you're saying is, the airstrikes are having the desired effect.

Yeah, truly:

"However, despite the setbacks, the IDF does believe that Hezbollah managed to increase its arsenal of precision missiles."

Ah, the French virgin has returned.

Wait till you see how we blew up American air base Ein Al Assad and Saudi oil facilities.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.
Did you kill any Americans - no
Were you allowed to do that as part of an agreement - yes
Where were the American aircraft? It's not like you put the base out of action
So you got to fire a few rockets off for internal consumption to save a little bit of face for a splattered General
As you have failed to learn the more you fire, the more they learn about your weapons and devise an even better plan to stop them

[...]

So you are potentially opening up civilian airliners and their passengers to be shot down - that about sums up Iran's regime for me - scum

Did you kill any Americans - no
Were you allowed to do that as part of an agreement - yes
Where were the American aircraft? It's not like you put the base out of action
So you got to fire a few rockets off for internal consumption to save a little bit of face for a splattered General
As you have failed to learn the more you fire, the more they learn about your weapons and devise an even better plan to stop them

If you are interested in Iran killing Americans, why don't you read about Iran's role in fighting coalition troops in Iraq under Soleimani's guidance. You see, the US supposedly killed him because he effectively chased US troops away from Iraq through igniting insurgency and political meddling.

There was no agreement. The US knew Iran was about to flatten their facilities, so they quickly withdrew forces from the base while hiding those staying behind in bunkers. You should read some of the reports of these brave soldiers being outright petrified.

Five days later, Iran fired eleven ballistic missiles—each carrying at least a thousand-pound warhead—at Al Asad Airbase. U.S. intelligence had tracked Iran’s deployment of the missiles, giving the Americans a few hours to evacuate their warplanes and half of their personnel. Lieutenant Colonel Staci Coleman, the commander of an air expeditionary squad, had to decide which of her crew of a hundred and sixty should leave and who was “emotionally equipped” to stay. “I was deciding who would live and who would die,” she later told military investigators. “I honestly thought anyone remaining behind would perish.” Many of the service members leaving Al Asad anxiously hugged the ones staying. No American military personnel had been killed by an enemy air strike since 1953, during the Korean War.

The first salvo struck around 1 a.m. Master Sergeant Janet Liliu recounted to investigators, “What happened in the bunkers, well, no words can describe the atmosphere. I wasn’t ready to die, but I tried to prepare myself with every announcement of an incoming missile.” The bombardment dragged on for hours; it was the largest ballistic-missile attack ever by any nation on American troops. No Americans died, but a hundred and ten suffered traumatic brain injuries. Trump dismissed the suffering at Al Asad. “I heard they had headaches,” he told reporters. Two years later, many of those at Al Asad are still experiencing profound memory, vision, and hearing losses. One died by suicide in October. Eighty have been awarded Purple Hearts.

The lesson of Al Asad, McKenzie told me, is that Iran’s missiles have become a more immediate threat than its nuclear program. For decades, Iran’s rockets and missiles were wildly inaccurate. At Al Asad, “they hit pretty much where they wanted to hit,” McKenzie said. Now they “can strike effectively across the breadth and depth of the Middle East. They could strike with accuracy, and they could strike with volume.”

Iran’s advances have impressed both allies and enemies. After the 1979 revolution, the young theocracy purged the Shah’s military and rebuilt it almost from scratch, despite waves of economic sanctions. Iran fought a ruinous eight-year war with Iraq in the nineteen-eighties that further depleted its armory. Its Air Force is still weak, its ships and tanks are mediocre, and its military is not capable of invading another country and holding territory.

Instead, the regime has concentrated on developing missiles with longer reach, precision accuracy, and greater destructive power. Iran is now one of the world’s top missile producers. Its arsenal is the largest and most diverse in the Middle East, the Defense Intelligence Agency reported. “Iran has proven that it is using its ballistic-missile program as a means to coerce or intimidate its neighbors,” Malley told me. Iran can fire more missiles than its adversaries—including the United States and Israel—can shoot down or destroy. Tehran has achieved what McKenzie calls “overmatch”—a level of capability in which a country has weaponry that makes it extremely difficult to check or defeat. “Iran’s strategic capacity is now enormous,” McKenzie said. “They’ve got overmatch in the theatre—the ability to overwhelm.”

The bottomline is: Iran isn't afraid. Those who were chased away from Afghanistan without achieving any of their goals by sandal-wearing fanatics are a dying power. So is the West. And Iran is just getting started.

Soleimani was not available for comments.

1640975380760.png

Last edited:
There was no agreement. The US knew Iran was about to flatten their facilities, so they quickly withdrew forces from the base while hiding those staying behind in bunkers.

U.S. intelligence had tracked Iran’s deployment of the missiles, giving the Americans a few hours to evacuate their warplanes and half of their personnel.
In a situation where the US is prepared to force the Iranians to go to war those hours wouldn't have been spent evacuating, they would have been spent destroying launch sites before they ever got a shot off with TLAMs, stealth aircraft and technology that isn't yet public knowledge. The US chose to have the strike take place so the Iranians could save face.

If the US had responded the Iranians wouldn't have had the same luxury.

In a situation where the US is prepared to force the Iranians to go to war those hours wouldn't have been spent evacuating, they would have been spent destroying launch sites before they ever got a shot off with TLAMs, stealth aircraft and technology that isn't yet public knowledge. The US chose to have the strike take place so the Iranians could save face.

If the US had responded the Iranians wouldn't have had the same luxury.
Exactly. It was Trump's Realpolitik. Basically, the US kills their main guy and wants to move on. Hitting a few bunkers in Iraq let the Mullahs save some face and then move on to what they do best, oppressing and robbing the Iranian people.

So much for Iran being able to build a decent aeroplane - let alone an engine to power it - or an air defence system

So they run to their 'ally' Ruskia to buy a second rate 4.2 export version - and two S400's - one presumably to try and protect the Mullah's and one for the nuclear plant

Just gives Israel's aircraft more expensive targets

Also, good to see that the purchase is being rated in Dollars:)

The bottomline is: Iran isn't afraid. Those who were chased away from Afghanistan without achieving any of their goals by sandal-wearing fanatics are a dying power. So is the West. And Iran is just getting started.
Iran should be afraid though.... one way or another, the US can cause huge damage to Iranian infrastructure, with little to no damage in US.
Which means no fallout for US politicians. The damage in US would be to the plebs who pay for war, and this damage might be less than the massive damage (with no consequence) the US already caused to it's taxpayers in Afghanistan, Iraq, possibly to the tune of almost 6 Trillion dollars. I'm sure US politicians have no trouble investing taxpayers money in another war in Iran.... the media supported 20 years of war in Afghanistan so I'm sure they will support another war - even if it is also unwinnable (I mean from a military POV, from a weapons manufacturer it's always a win)
US Weapons destroyed, billions of dollars of kit left behind, even US reputational damage - no one who matters cares.
Only if Iran can strike significantly in USA or sink a few big ships, might ruffle some feathers. Downing a few drones, few tens of F16 and F-35 lost... it doesn't even register on US balance sheet. Outside of that is Iran's asymmetric regional war, that's the only pressure point.
That's what Israel is bombing the s**t out of in Syria, consequence free

So much for Iran being able to build a decent aeroplane - let alone an engine to power it - or an air defence system

So they run to their 'ally' Ruskia to buy a second rate 4.2 export version - and two S400's - one presumably to try and protect the Mullah's and one for the nuclear plant

Just gives Israel's aircraft more expensive targets

Also, good to see that the purchase is being rated in Dollars:)
What??? Shirley they will build more of these:

1641056585417.png

or even these bad boyz.....(look carefully)

1641056645513.png

24 x SU35, I think the Israeli air force thanks you in advance, for the new shape of target practice.....Seriously, just buying ground launched missiles is dumb, but 24 modern aircraft, would be better to buy another 100 ground based missiles.

What??? Shirley they will build more of these:

View attachment 363137

or even these bad boyz.....(look carefully)

View attachment 363138

24 x SU35, I think the Israeli air force thanks you in advance, for the new shape of target practice.....Seriously, just buying ground launched missiles is dumb, but 24 modern aircraft, would be better to buy another 100 ground based missiles.
A worldwide shortage of aircraft tails has hit the Iranian defence industry hard, all domestic a/c must have 2 - 3 tails per decree.

re the SU-35, it's also been denied they will buy the "Egyptian" planes, in part due to the price tag. They may be supplied dumbed down planes, as Iran is untrustworthy and leaks like a sieve. They banned Russian bombers for a short period from their territory during the height of the Syrian war because it was some affront to them that untermensch were roaming around their virgin lands. Similar to the old Saudi racist stuff re yanks. Aaaanyway.......

^^
The Israel Defense Forces press service reports that fighter jets and attack helicopters have recently attacked a number of targets in the missile system of the terrorist organization Hamas.
In addition, tanks attacked the military positions of the Hamas organization on the border of the Gaza Strip.
The scale and type of targets were selected in response to early morning rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip on the Mediterranean coast west of Gush Den.

^^
The Israel Defense Forces press service reports that fighter jets and attack helicopters have recently attacked a number of targets in the missile system of the terrorist organization Hamas.
In addition, tanks attacked the military positions of the Hamas organization on the border of the Gaza Strip.
The scale and type of targets were selected in response to early morning rocket attacks from the Gaza Strip on the Mediterranean coast west of Gush Den.
View attachment 363182
OMG! Hamas has been storing baby milk and Nescafe!