Politics Riots in Gaza and Israel

Just curious on how well Egypt would tolerate Iranian influence in Gaza.

President Sisi is a good friend of Israel sorta on the down low. The story goes he started his military career as a border patrol soldier on the Egyptian side of the Israeli border crossing. He got to know the Israeli soldiers & visited in their homes often. While muslim he seems to be very western in his personal life & only has 1 wife. & while I'm up my new motto is "Go Ugly Early" when it comes to enemy KIAs & their new mobile rocket launchers [gifts from Persia?]

Attachments

• A-10C Warthogs.mp4
    15.4 MB
Gaza is a nightmare and Egypt has its fair share of sunni islamists already.

Not to mention that the muslim brotherhood is very strong in Egypt.

The army remains strong and loyal but the country is highly unstable.

Getting control of Gaza is a land operation with casualties through the roof...where innocents can not be spared or left aside, especially with hamas running the show.

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

We have billions worth of nukes just standing around that could be Super Priority mailed to Iran. Just imagine how much easier it is to build a new economy without the old economy standing in the way.

@Mike1976/Ivan - Not a new idea, most battles during the middle ages was about taking rich prisoners and the nice ransome :)
Unfortunately, It is hard to get Zucherberg and Bill Gates to the front - and I have never met a grunt with more than nothing on his bank-account.

Gaza is a nightmare and Egypt has its fair share of sunni islamists already.

Not to mention that the muslim brotherhood is very strong in Egypt.

The army remains strong and loyal but the country is highly unstable.

Getting control of Gaza is a land operation with casualties through the roof...where innocents can not be spared or left aside, especially with hamas running the show.
I don't think so. I regard Egypt as quite stable considering the turmoil in the region, they, together with Tunisia and Morroco stood their ground and deserve appreciation aswell as support for that.

I have the impression that they have the MB under control, they just had a short stint on the stage.

I don't think so. I regard Egypt as quite stable considering the turmoil in the region, they, together with Tunisia and Morroco stood their ground and deserve appreciation aswell as support for that.

I have the impression that they have the MB under control, they just had a short stint on the stage.
They´re all in jail, i will give you that. :p

But so were the islamists before the fall of the Shah. Sissi is´nt elected, Morsi was and the dynamics have not changed unfortunately: poverty and corruption.

Sisi was re-elected around 2018 & the voters were generally happy with him @ the time. Today might be a different story since their economy has tanked pretty bad from the COVID 19. The Adam International Hospital near the airport is overflowing with COVID patients & have stopped taking wounded medevac's Gazans.

Sisi was re-elected around 2018 & the voters were generally happy with him @ the time. Today might be a different story since their economy has tanked pretty bad from the COVID 19. The Adam International Hospital near the airport is overflowing with COVID patients & have stopped taking wounded medevac's Gazans.
Sisi was reelected with 97% of the vote.

i think landslides "a la soviet union" kind of gives it away. That being said, personally I think Egypt is better off with Sisi than with the many islamists rotting in prison or wrecking havoc in the Sinai, where foreigners are warned not to go at all, and where Egyptian soldiers find themselves ambushed and attacked.

Unfortunately, Egypt is in a state of emergency since the last 30 years, almost without discontinuation.

While investigating how to secure the building from the missiles, a detailed assessment on 31 May 2021 revealed what appears to be a cavity and a possible tunnel, at the location of the missile strike. The depth of the cavity is approximately 7.5 meters below the surface of the school. UNRWA discovered the existence of a possible tunnel in the context of the investigation of the fired missiles. There is no indication of the existence of any entry or exit points for the tunnel within the premises.

UNRWA condemns the existence and potential use by Palestinian armed groups of such tunnels underneath its schools in the strongest possible terms. It is unacceptable that students and staff be placed at risk in such a way.

Meanwhile ... the American Somali Taliban Supporters club keep giving the Somali pirate a pass

Israeli Air Force planes have carried out airstrikes targeting Hamas terror facilities in Gaza after dozens of airborne incendiary devices dispatched by Palestinians earlier today caused massive fires throughout southern Israel. Did Hamas think Israel wouldn't respond to floating incendiary devices over the border into Israel.......& for the record Hamas Israel will also respond to you throwing flaming feces over the border.

Israeli Air Force planes have carried out airstrikes targeting Hamas terror facilities in Gaza after dozens of airborne incendiary devices dispatched by Palestinians earlier today caused massive fires throughout southern Israel. Did Hamas think Israel wouldn't respond to floating incendiary devices over the border into Israel.......& for the record Hamas Israel will also respond to you throwing flaming feces over the border.

Iran helped blow them up................. :rolleyes:

More clashes with the palestinians.