Other Post General car discussion

Real Road Test: Ford Granada Mk2 2.8 Ghia - Classic Luxury!

To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Real Road Test: BMW E28 525e - Can Economy be Entertaining?

The Ford Granada / Scorpio Story

Basically the Battery takes forever to recharge making it virtually useless ..

Stunning

Basically the Battery takes forever to recharge making it virtually useless ..

But do not confuse or compare a PHEV to a full EV or HEV. The HEV (Normal Hybrid) does only charge internally through the combustion engine. The PHEV (plug-in) has the additional feature of charging batteries independently through an external power source.

This car has just a poor 7 kw single phase charger. To sell it worldwide, as not all countries use 3 phases like in Europe.

There is a good comment below the vid which explains that.

But do not confuse or compare a PHEV to a full EV or HEV. The HEV (Normal Hybrid) does only charge internally through the combustion engine. The PHEV (plug-in) has the additional feature of charging batteries independently through an external power source.

This car has just a poor 7 kw single phase charger. To sell it worldwide, as not all countries use 3 phases like in Europe.

There is a good comment below the vid which explains that.
Battery powered .. cars aren't worth the money .. because we don't have the infrastructure and prices that brands are selling there cars are far tooo expensive .

And on Country roads they are a danger as you can't hear them .

Battery powered .. cars aren't worth the money .. because we don't have the infrastructure and prices that brands are selling there cars are far tooo expensive .

And on Country roads they are a danger as you can't hear them .
Prices are coming down, corsa is £20K and does 200 miles, which is pretty good. Gov is clearly going to tax petrol and diesel off the road. I've made the switch and for me it works. Mine makes a buzzing noise below 15mph after that the tyres make enough noise, but I am careful around cyclists and pedestrians, also pigeons dont seem to have been told about electric cars.

VW Plans to Be Battery Juggernaut in $29 Billion Answer to Tesla

Read more at: https://www.bloombergquint.com/business/vw-plans-europe-s-biggest-battery-push-in-electric-offensive
Copyright © BloombergQuint

(Bloomberg) -- Volkswagen AG is stepping up efforts to unseat Tesla Inc. as the dominant electric-car maker with a plan to build six battery factories in Europe and invest globally in charging stations.VW already has agreements for two battery plants and is exploring four additional sites for a total capacity of 240 gigawatt-hours by the end of the decade, it said Monday. The push will cost some $

Prices are coming down, corsa is £20K and does 200 miles, which is pretty good. Gov is clearly going to tax petrol and diesel off the road. I've made the switch and for me it works. Mine makes a buzzing noise below 15mph after that the tyres make enough noise, but I am careful around cyclists and pedestrians, also pigeons dont seem to have been told about electric cars.

Also many carmakers stop new development of combustion engines. Audi said so yesterday, they can not meet the environmental targets set by the governements.

Audi will only fine tune existing engines.

Also many carmakers stop new development of combustion engines. Audi said so yesterday, they can not meet the environmental targets set by the governements.

Audi will only fine tune existing engines.
I have a feeling their sales graphs are telling them its over. I got out of Diesel because at some point people are going to get their fingers burnt, with virtually unsellable cars that are only 3 years old.

Yes the Diesels are a problem regarding the strict new environmental laws. But its only really a technical problem which parameters the agancies favourise. So I think they still got a few years.

Especially for long distance travel. A friend has a Tesla, he doesn't even get to Croatia from the very south of Bavaria...I can drive my Diesel a 1000km on one filling up to the north sea shores.

First they have to set up the infrastrucure, then the real boom will begin. Not make the cars cheaper first.

Cheap cars with long ranges, which the new battery types will enable, and no infrastructure...

But the next years will change everything dramatically. Due to laws demanding the change. I am not a 100 % sure its the right path.

More investment in hydrogen and fuel cell technology is needed imho.

Just a few days ago I used a bus from public transport. I was nearly alone in there and the heating of the bus was running as its snowing and cold.

Wonder how that works with batteries....no residual engine heat to use for it.