Politics Chaotic scenes as HK protests turns violent

Not much reporting here either. I do follow Michael Yon on the subject, however.

Last edited:
You can actually see the Hong Kongers cleaning up their cities after rioters and beginning to stand up.

True....

Residents clear a stretch of road of debris strewn by radicals in Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong on Nov 15, 2019. [Photo/chinadaily.com.cn]

In Mong Kok, residents show similar initiative by clearing a stretch of road of obstacles put up by radicals on Nov 15, 2019. [Photo/chinadaily.com.cn]

In Mong Kok, residents show similar initiative by clearing a stretch of road of obstacles put up by radicals on Nov 15, 2019. [Photo/chinadaily.com.cn]

A street view after residents remove barricades in Sai Wan Ho, Hong Kong on the morning of Nov 15, 2019. [Photo/chinadaily.com.cn]

Battered Hong Hong gradually began picking up pieces as groups of local residents voluntarily cleared debris left by protesters on Friday morning after radicals caused traffic chaos for the fifth day.
In Mong Kok, Tin Shui Wai and Sai Wan Ho, three areas that bore the brunt of rioters' rampages in recent days, residents picked up bricks and trash left by protesters with hands and moved them to the roadside.

Gotta crack some eggs to make an omelette.

My instincts are always to support people who fight for liberty and oppose corrupt, oppressive, dictatorships.

These rallies are massive. If protests like the French have, had that turnout highways of cars would be flipped and burning. On the whole they are remarkably respectful. Instead of importing pommy cops like the adminstration did the protestors should bring in some French and fly the tricolor.

Inside 'Rioters' U,' the University That Has Seen Some of the Worst Clashes in Hong Kong
TIME Excerpt
Nov 13, 2019

On a leafy college campus in Hong Kong Wednesday, the usual bustle of academic activity gave way to frenetic preparations for a revolution.

Instead of book bags, the students lugged carts full of bricks to the entrance gates, where sentries in black balaclavas monitored the steady flow of incoming supplies. Classrooms were emptied of their tables and chairs, the furniture repurposed to block unwanted traffic on the roads, bridges and nearby railway tracks on which a small fire smoldered.

While lectures and study halls might have filled the schedules on any other day, this afternoon the undergraduates of the territory’s second-oldest university, the Chinese University of Hong Kong (CUHK), practiced throwing Molotov cocktails behind a row of empty buses.

“Whatever happens, we must defend the university, we must not allow the police to take it,” says Simon, 21.

He studies at a different university, but he trekked here yesterday evening after students called for reinforcements as they clashed with police in some of the most violent fighting Hong Kong has seen over the past five months of unrest. Students lobbed literally hundreds of petrol bombs at police, who responded with rubber bullets and heavy volleys of tear gas. Plumes of smoke from large fires gave the campus the appearance of a battlefield.

University of Hong Kong damage caused by demonstrators.

IMG_4924 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_4925 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_4948 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_175800 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_175826 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_175857 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_180003 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_180351 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_180603 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

IMG_20191115_180807 by Studio Incendo, on Flickr

Gotta crack some eggs to make an omelette.

My instincts are always to support people who fight for liberty and oppose corrupt, oppressive, dictatorships.
So why arent you burning shops in DC? I would tell you the people in Hong Kong have far more liberty and a less oppressive and corrupt government that the US ever had. I havent seen a person get shot at in Hong Kong due to racial profiling. I was never stopped in Hong Kong, because I was with a White step dad and we were rolling in a premium truck.

You guys have been brainwashed since the beginning about freedom and liberty is, you have no idea what it even looks like anymore. Try burning a man in one of your riots and see how different a crackdown you will experience from the HK cops.

So why arent you burning shops in DC? I would tell you the people in Hong Kong have far more liberty and a less oppressive and corrupt government that the US ever had. I havent seen a person get shot at in Hong Kong due to racial profiling. I was never stopped in Hong Kong, because I was with a White step dad and we were rolling in a premium truck.

You guys have been brainwashed since the beginning about freedom and liberty is, you have no idea what it even looks like anymore. Try burning a man in one of your riots and see how different a crackdown you will experience from the HK cops.

Interesting to me that anytime someone has a differing opinion than yours they are either brainwashed or not well read.

So educate me on why these folks are protesting. What do they want, less liberty?

Some people don't feel that the Chicom dictators are the cat's pajamas and are willing to fight for what they believe. I support them.

A message left on a wall of the Uni by a Hong Kong protester/student:

You didnt answer my question... but I will answer yours. The same thing why Antifa exist, or Greta Thornberg, it is a bunch of kids who went to schools got fed with ideology and being young and stupid thinks that having tantrums and riots is the next best thing.

"these folks" are a minority in Hong Kong, same with your protesters in whatever country you are from. Hong Kong is far more free in the US, hell dont base it on my account, pull out and Freedom index and see where Hong kong is compared to the US

You are brainwashed or not well read because, you cheer them on and yet you dont look at your own backyard. I lived in the US for 8 years and now in Asia for more than 10. At best there is no difference in how authoritarian the US is to China, at its worst and based on my experience, the US is far more authoritarian. The Chinese just out right claim it, while the US wrapped it in a prettier package and called it freedom... "American Freedom"

1. Elections that doesnt reflect the majority vote... check!
2. Government spying on its people... check!
3. Minorities being treated like crap by the authorities... check!
4. Brutal police authority... check!

You guys actually think that you have a 2 party system and they both listen to the people.

So again, why arent taking on the authorities in your country? Dont worry though if these idiots can bring down Hong Kong, Im pretty sure it will be exported back to your countries.

I'm sorry the 8 years in the US were apparently so traumatic to you. It may serve to explain your bias.

1) The US Presidential elections are based on the Electoral College. I praise the genius of The Founders every day for structuring it like that, for so many reasons.

2) Hopefully some indictments are coming very soon and people will go to prison.

3) It generally doesn't happen and you know it.

4) People go to jail for that.

ANTIFA are not looking for greater freedom, they already have it. I hardly would compare them to the Hong Kongers.

Why aren't people burning down DC? Because 63 million Americans elected a President to burn down the corrupt establishment for them - and the establishment is fighting back.

I'd hardly call myself brainwashed unless you also accept that you are too.

Or maybe we have different opinions, which is okay too.

Last edited:
China is in a delicate position. They just can't roll in the tanks as they did in Tiananmen Square and massacre everyone. The world is watching. Social media is watching. The big concern are not these specific demonstrations. The concern for the Chicoms is contagian on the mainland. So the narrative needs to be that these are simply a small group of radical anarchists instead of who they actually are.

The end game however, is not clear.

The theory that everyone secretly eagerly needs a dictatorship gets disproven each day in Hong Kong.

The theory that everyone secretly eagerly needs a dictatorship gets disproven each day in Hong Kong.

These protests are not stopping, they are only getting bigger and more intense. The narrative that the Chicom dictatorship is trying to propagate, that these simply are just a few brainwashed, misguided kids is starting to evaporate. What we are seeing is the birth of a revolution against an oppressive regime.

Like I said, the endgame is unclear. The Chinese government has been very clear about crushed bones and bodies, or whatever the quote was regarding a quest for independence. They could roll in with overwhelming force and simply kill everyone as they did 30 years ago. But if they do, the protesters will win, because it will show the world in a million blood soaked FB and Twitter feeds exactly what a tyrannical totalitarian state they are.

Last edited:
China could indeed roll armored divisions with tanks in and students would die. I mean, what would the negative consequence be? Would the entire world stop buying Chinese merchandise? No. Would irate countries invade China to restore democracy? No.

I sincerely believe it's been discussed in Peking. Bottom line, the demonstrators shouldn't provoke matters too far.

China could indeed roll armored divisions with tanks in and students would die. I mean, what would the negative consequence be? Would the entire world stop buying Chinese merchandise? No. Would irate countries invade China to restore democracy? No.

I sincerely believe it's been discussed in Peking. Bottom line, the demonstrators shouldn't provoke matters too far.

They sure could do that. But I'd imagine it would be bad for business.

Michael Yon reports 70 casualties. Some have been denied medical care for hours.

Last edited:
They sure could do that. But I'd imagine it would be bad for business.
Yeah, for a month or 2 it would be bad for business.
Then you have Xmas, new Apple Gadget, New year, the Oscars, and people in the west forgets completely.
Average citizen in the west is not comitted to its ideas anymore. They can keep them for 2 weeks to a month maximun. After that the brainwashing machine that is the social networks and mainstream media changes their stance/attitude better than a shower of pepper spray & truncheon body massage would do.
Just my 2c.

Germany is even so dumb as to continue paying China development aid - 10 bill. € over the last years for climate protection o_O

We are masters of stupid I just found out today through an FDP MoP saying thie would be the right moment to stop that retardo practice.

I shared it on Facebook so my sheeply compatriots get to know too.

Back