Politics Protests in Belarus

Look at food prices in Russia. I don't even want to compare them to Poland, as Poland is much cheaper and Polish people have higher wages, but to the UK. I can buy most fruits, vegetables, milk and eggs at a lower price in the UK comparing to Russia:
?

Ofcouse food prices in Russia much lower then in the UK, not sure about Poland. Moreover, total expences in Russia are much lower then in any European country. Rental cost, gas prices, public transport, medical service and actually any services, taxes, utilities and so on.

You just need to look PPP numbers to check prices, and not watch some propaganda videos on youtube.

?

Ofcouse food prices in Russia much lower then in the UK, not sure about Poland. Moreover, total expences in Russia are much lower then in any European country. Rental cost, gas prices, public transport, medical service and actually any services, taxes, utilities and so on.

You just need to look PPP numbers to check prices, and not watch some propaganda videos on youtube.
I've already checked GDP per capita (PPP):

I've already checked GDP per capita (PPP):
No, i did not mean GDP PPP, ofcouse i know Russian one lower then European countries. I mean purchasing parity itself, basically - if you have same income in USD in two countries, how many goods and services you can by in each country.

PS To be clear, we have different structure of spendings, some of them are ridiculously low here in Russia. When i get a taxi, it usually cost me $2 to $3. Utilities for my appartments costs less then $100 per month (heating, electricity and everything else included). High speed internet with IPTV costs less then $10/mo. Mobile phone $5/mo and so on.

Last edited:
Sorry for offtopic, but:

Many people still cannot comprehend one very simple rule of a market economy: average people with average skills are being paid average salary in ANY country. This average salary is designed to be enough only for basic life and live from paycheck to paycheck.

You can get ~1000 euro in Poland or ~300 euro in Russia or 3000 in Switzerland, and it might look like a huge difference, but it is actually the same money.

PS I'll choose "oppressive regime" in Russia 100 times over retarded "democratic" governments in many many countries.

You are wrong, I am not Polish ;)
I'm right.

Isn't it why you ran away from there?
We used to, but don't do it much anymore. The others would run away from their countries more frequently, but they need visas. So, it's not so straightforward.
Poland issues far more residency permits than any other EU country despite being the 5th-most populated one. More people have been coming in than leaving for a few years.
Oh yes, famous Polish apples, the bio-gas catalyst, which you still produce aplenty ?
It just tells me how little you know about Poland.

Last edited:
Sorry for offtopic, but:

Many people still cannot comprehend one very simple rule of a market economy: average people with average skills are being paid average salary in ANY country. This average salary is designed to be enough only for basic life and live from paycheck to paycheck.

You can get ~1000 euro in Poland or ~300 euro in Russia or 3000 in Switzerland, and it might look like a huge difference, but it is actually the same money.

PS I'll choose "oppressive regime" in Russia 100 times over retarded "democratic" governments in many many countries.
It's not the same money since you won't buy a car in Russia at 10% of its price in Switzerland.
Imported luxury goods cost a lot and if you want to spend a holiday in a non-shithole country, you realise your money is a S**t. Oh, you pay for a visa application and you cannot predict if it's successful.
Does a Ferrari or a Lamborghini cost you 10% of its price in Switzerland? Come on lol

It just tells me how you little know about Poland.

I like "Polski orgorki", they are good and reasonably priced.
polski orgorki.png

It's not the same money since you won't buy a car in Russia at 10% of its price in Switzerland.
Imported luxury goods cost a lot and if you want to spend a holiday in a non-shithole country, you realise your money is a S**t. Oh, you pay for a visa application and you cannot predict if it's successful.
Does a Ferrari or a Lamborghini cost you 10% of its price in Switzerland? Come on lol
Don't pretend to be idiot, @Musashi, sure you are not.
An average person do not buy ferrari in any country. However he buy Škoda instead of Volkswagen, Dacia or Lada instead of Renault. Also goes to Turkey (a bit of shithole-ish but still) instead of Spain on holidays.

We should ask mods to separate this offtopic full of Polskie pain and anger to the Economics and life cost in different countries or something like this topic.

Don't pretend to be idiot, @Musashi, sure you are not.
An average person do not buy ferrari in any country. However he buy Škoda instead of Volkswagen, Dacia or Lada instead of Renault. Also goes to Turkey (a bit of shithole-ish but still) instead of Spain on holidays.

We should ask mods to separate this offtopic full of Polskie pain and anger to the Economics and life cost in different countries or something like this topic.
Maybe the Ferrari is not something that the average person buys, but the iPhone, the iPad or the Samsung S20 Ultra does. Certainly, the average Swiss, German or British person can afford to buy a brand new BMW 3 series or the Jaguar XE, having the average salary. A Russian cannot.

Maybe the Ferrari is not something that the average person buys, but the iPhone, the iPad or the Samsung S20 Ultra does. Certainly, the average Swiss, German or British person can afford to buy a brand new BMW 3 series or the Jaguar XE, having the average salary. A Russian cannot.
You must be a freaking weirdo to want to buy Jaguar in Russia. :D
As i said earlier - while some imported goods in Russia costs higher, many other things (some essential things, not iphone crap) costs x2 to x10 lower.

Nada! If that was all you could afford I guess? They had buyers in British isles for that reason. Being a weirdo wasn't essential.
My friends parents had a Skoda. Mine had a beetle. We got 10 people in the beetle, some were kids…

You must be a freaking weirdo to want to buy Jaguar in Russia. :D
As i said earlier - while some imported goods in Russia costs higher, many other things (some essential things, not iphone crap) costs x2 to x10 lower.
So, forget the Jaguar and think about something more popular in Russia. Do you think you can buy a Kia, a Skoda, a Volkswagen or a Hyundai at 10% of their price in the UK, Germany or Switzerland? Lol
If you don’t like an iPhone, what kind of an übercool phone do you have? Do you think I’d pay 5-10 times more for the same phone in the UK?

It's hard to be happy if the government wants to take over independent media, so I approve the protest. PiS takes lessons from monsieur Putain.

It looks like Polish pis heads including monsieur Dupa and their voters are the Kremlin agents, that's why they delivered Belarus to Russia and swindled EU for all the money.

BTW, where were you in the evening of 19th December?

Back