Politics Evo Morales resigns amid police and military joining the protests

Chile's average wage in US$ isn't much below my countries. Any income disparity is because they haven't driven their wealthy away unlike some countries (cough France cough) and income disparity is a pretty silly measurement by any standards anyway.

Chile's average wage in US$ isn't much below my countries. Any income disparity is because they haven't driven their wealthy away unlike some countries (cough France cough) and income disparity is a pretty silly measurement by any standards anyway.
Income disparity is indeed a silly measurement
Wealth distribution is not
Concentration of wealth in the hands of a limited amount of people is never a good sign of socioeconomical health (see well, USA but also China for some extreme positions)
Past a certain point this is turning the countries into feodal kleptocracies
This could be tampered by good services. However this is not the case in Chile where services are both expensive and of poor quality, including basics like energy, transportation and health.

Last edited by a moderator:
Concentration of wealth in the hands of a limit amount of people is never a good sign of socioeconomical health (see well, USA but also China for some extreme positions)
Past a certain point this is turning the countries into feodal kleptocracies
This could be tampered by good services. However this is not the case in Chile where services are both expensive and of poor quality, including basics like energy, transportation and health.

It is quite unbelievable that post 2008 a handful of people have made great wealth despite the hardship for many ; and we can see this in irregular voting patterns across the world ; and we're supposed to sit back , applaud and vote for more .

It is quite unbelievable that post 2008 a handful of people have made great wealth despite the hardship for many ; and we can see this in irregular voting patterns across the world ; and we're supposed to sit back , applaud and vote for more .
Oh i am not advocating full entitlement (communist *cough cough*) but yes, when 50-60 % of the working population is earning the minimum wages (that keep you barely above poverty) and when 50% of the wealth of the country is concentrated in the hands of 5% of the population, of course, something is wrong and can easily explain how social unrests can flare up at the slightest price increase.

"The United Kingdom congratulates Jeanine Áñez on taking on her new responsibilities as interim President of Bolivia. We welcome Ms Áñez’s appointment and her declared intention to hold elections soon."

?

Bolivian police have detained a bunch of people from the Cuban embassy while they distributed money to pro-Morales counter-protesters

EJVowqLW4AEitWy

EJTqTtpXsAAsM9Z

EJVovl4WkAIZOEJ

EJVdzmvWwAklBgc

Concentration of wealth in the hands of a limited amount of people is never a good sign of socioeconomical health (see well, USA but also China for some extreme positions)

I disagree. What is most destructive to a nation is fostering a sense of entitlement to the results of other peoples work.

I disagree. What is most destructive to a nation is fostering a sense of entitlement to the results of other peoples work.
About the entitlement, see my next post to the one you have answered. As like in everything, balance is better than extreme.
I am not again somebody earning millions if deserved. However i am against blue blood kleptocrates that earn money while destroying the minimal social services but also production systems for short term share gains.
And dont even let me start about the dissonance between efficiency at leading big groups/corporates and wages. There are enough CEOs with disastrous lead campaign that still earned millions as golden hello, golden parachutes and golden good bye packages

So who gets to set the "maximum pay"? Bureaucrats who's specialty is pushing paper and doing things as slowly and inefficiently as possible? Elected politicians who’ve never done a days work in their lives but think that their degree in PR makes them an expert?

Far better to leave it to the owners and shareholders of the companies to set pay – they alone know whether they’re getting value for the money or not.

Far better to leave it to the owners and shareholders of the companies to set pay – they alone know whether they’re getting value for the money or not.

I bet that's what the slave owners said back in the day . I would say looking at the widening Gap in inequality throughout most modern day societies that extraction is taking place , as apposed to capitalism ; the increase of capital value of a said asset .......... Unless of course that capital asset is linked to debt , then it's value will rise in accordance with how much money can be made out of that debt .

Mostly what slaveholders used to justify their "ownership" of another person was the Bible and the then current ideas about social Darwinism and the "evolutionary inferiority" of the slaves.

I place zero trust in the abilities of paper pushers and politicians to make choices that will work. I place at least some chance on people motivated by profit to make choices that will.

So who gets to set the "maximum pay"? Bureaucrats who's specialty is pushing paper and doing things as slowly and inefficiently as possible? Elected politicians who’ve never done a days work in their lives but think that their degree in PR makes them an expert?

I don't care about the level of maximum pay. As i said if it is deserved to be paid millions, then it is deserved
And no, it is not better to leave shareholders to set the pay. They are among the first culprit for short term crooge management of companies because the actual mindset is "short term gain of 10% / year", not long term development of the companies
It is a predatory behaviour that butchers a lot of companies and corporates and leaves a dissonance between companies health and results and salaries of CEOs

Here is a Forbes (not a commie newspaper) article about salary and performance : https://www.forbes.com/sites/susana...worst-performers-new-study-says/#181b74357e32

Here are some examples of CEO salaries and famous failed companies : https://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2019/09/24/thomas-cook-bosses-received-20m-bonuses/

Tell me here if you think the pay, incentives and bonuses are deserved ? Rewarding failure, it is how it is called in my world

Usualy small shareholders have nothing to say in these policies, they are set by big shareholders, hedge funds, banks, financial institutions
The same that sold toxic funds and unsustainable loans.

The recent new trend is that these "wise" owners and shareholders that, from your pov, are better to set anything, are pushing companies in debts to profit from low credit interests. And the money borrowed is almost never re-invested in the development of the said companies (R&D, hiring and equipment renewed) but is returned immediately in the financial circuit. If you think it is a wise management, good for you. I think otherwise and i expect there will be a backlash in the form of another bubble explosion soon

At some locations supporters of Morales are throwing armed resistance against the new Government. Multiple fatalities and arrests.
9 Venezuelan citizens have been detained in suspicion of interference:
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

Back