Politics Protests in Belarus

berkut76

Mi Field Marshall
MI.Net Member
TAARB
There are riots in Belarus following rigged and fraudulent Presidential elections. I don't have a dog in this fight, but the events could re-shape the Eastern Europe yet again.

01.jpg
02.jpg
03.jpg
04.jpg
05.jpg
06.jpg

A column of Belarusian soldiers is coming to Minsk to defend the anti-Lukashenko protesters. These specific soldiers said they are not afraid of the consequences due to having their faces uncensored.

zpoxGln.jpg

People aren't very happy at the moment the world over . If it's not voting for off field political candidates it's riots . What a disastrous year 2020 has been and it's not even over yet .

A column of Belarusian soldiers is coming to Minsk to defend the anti-Lukashenko protesters. These specific soldiers said they are not afraid of the consequences due to having their faces uncensored.

zpoxGln.jpg
khmm...the original story...
To view this content we will need your consent to set third party cookies.
For more detailed information, see our cookies page.

MINSK, August 10. /TASS/. Belarusian security services have prevented an assassination attempt on presidential candidate Svetlana Tikhanovskaya, chief of the country’s State Security Committee (KGB) Valery Vakulchik said on Monday.

People aren't very happy at the moment the world over . If it's not voting for off field political candidates it's riots . What a disastrous year 2020 has been and it's not even over yet .

Would personally think it’s only a beginning. I’ll try to stay on topic but the Nov election in America is going to be a shitshow whether Biden or Trump wins.

About Belarus, I know little about it, last « dictatorship » in Europe (Next to the EU institution ;)) and still applying the death penalty on occasions.

Seriously though I’m no supporter of such a regime, just hope things will go smoother for them and a political change is indeed surely needed.

Would you look at that. People protesting for their freedom in the face of an actual dictatorship's crackdown still have got the time to wear masks. Meanwhile, people in the United States and Europe be like: 'I won't be muzzled like a dog by those tyrants!'

I kind of feel like cutting my wrists open right now.

Regime change over the last few decades has gone one of two ways: failed state + civil war (Syria, Libya, Iraq, South Sudan etc.) or swapping one corrupt faction with another (Ukraine, Zimbabwe). I'd rather avoid both scenarios, more so because the exact extent of support for the opposition is hard to determine. The media can claim all they want that the vast majority supports the opposition rather than Lukashenko, but that's the same media that makes it appear like a large majority fully supports BLM, thinks rioting is "mostly peaceful" and will never vote for Trump just like they claimed in 2016. The same clowns that predicted the Conservative Party to be wiped out by EU loving Brits. And the list goes on. Just because there have been a few large protests (how many people attended multiple protests?) doesn't mean that the silent majority can't actually support Lukashenko. Who backs these opponents? What direction do they want to take the country in, towards the EU, Russia or maintain neutrality (if they even can)? How many of these protesters are just football hooligans, anarchists or other lowlifes that will seize any opportunity they can get to fight someone?

Too many question marks for my taste. Regime change is a gamble that has ended in catastrophe every time over the last two decades and people seem intent on repeating the same mistakes and hoping for a different outcome each and every time. We don't need another destabilized country on our borders. Hope for the best and expect the worst is not a plan.

Would you look at that. People protesting for their freedom in the face of an actual dictatorship's crackdown still have got the time to wear masks. Meanwhile, people in the United States and Europe be like: 'I won't be muzzled like a dog by those tyrants!'

It was only on the first two pictures, and it could just as easily be meant to hide their identity.

Last edited:

I kind of feel like cutting my wrists open right now.

They also don't loot or destroy private property for heck of it.

Regime change over the last few decades has gone one of two ways: failed state + civil war (Syria, Libya, Iraq, South Sudan etc.) or swapping one corrupt faction with another (Ukraine, Zimbabwe). I'd rather avoid both scenarios, more so because the exact extent of support for the opposition is hard to determine. The media can claim all they want that the vast majority supports the opposition rather than Lukashenko, but that's the same media that makes it appear like a large majority fully supports BLM, thinks rioting is "mostly peaceful" and will never vote for Trump just like they claimed in 2016. The same clowns that predicted the Conservative Party to be wiped out by EU loving Brits. And the list goes on. Just because there have been a few large protests (how many people attended multiple protests?) doesn't mean that the silent majority can't actually support Lukashenko. Who backs these opponents? What direction do they want to take the country in, towards the EU, Russia or maintain neutrality (if they even can)? How many of these protesters are just football hooligans, anarchists or other lowlifes that will seize any opportunity they can get to fight someone?

Too many question marks for my taste. Regime change is a gamble that has ended in catastrophe every time over the last two decades and people seem intent on repeating the same mistakes and hoping for a different outcome each and every time. We don't need another destabilized country on our borders. Hope for the best and expect the worst is not a plan.

It was only on the first two pictures, and it could just as easily be meant to hide their identity.

This is why I'm not really commenting since I don't know the inner workings of Belarus. For the outside it looks like some more liberalized version of the USSR form the early-1980s or Yugoslavia from the late-1970s minus the ethnic tensions. I think that Belarus with its un-reformed economy still with state owned enterprises and collective farms is simply heading for disaster with or without Lukashenko as Russia might not be willing to provide generous subsidies regardless of who will end up on top. But, once again, I could be totally off.

Who backs these opponents? What direction do they want to take the country in, towards the EU, Russia or maintain neutrality (if they even can)? How many of these protesters are just football hooligans, anarchists or other lowlifes that will seize any opportunity they can get to fight someone?
Football hooligans etc are useful idiots for state agencies to use. Get a lynchpin guy in (maybe state grants a few favours / gets him some cred) and then he is there to direct the hooligans as needed by the state. Different states will pluck misfits / sh1tbags from varying backgrounds.
I'd venture to guess Antifa is a variation on the theme.

Do they have private property in Belarus?
What BLM stands for in Belarus?

Otherwise it seems that Soros and Lukashenko go head to head at the moment.

The whole country is a private property of Lukashenko :) Also, I'm really tired of hearing about Soros, the man must be a multi-trillionaire to pull the stuff that he is accused of all the world. Typical "new age" / Arab spring / flower revolution process against something rather than for something.

Sometimes I wonder why those tinpot tyrants even go to the lengths of pretending to be interested in free and fair elections.

According to the Russian pundits based on their own country recent history, presidential elections is like referendums, "contract renewal" between the dictator and his people. Makes no sense because the referendum is fixed.

Back